JUCO Safety Duron Singleton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JUCO Safety Duron Singleton

Scout has just added juco safety Duron Singleton (6-1 210) back to the visit list for this weekend; will join Jeremy Cooper. Singleton picked up a Missouri offer last week and visited but did not commit. Interesting development.

It is just so much more exciting to go to the recruiting threads then it was 2 weeks ago. I like the direction this staff is heading and hopefully signing guys like this will continue the drive forward to putting SU back on top where we belong.

It is just so much more exciting to go to the recruiting threads then it was 2 weeks ago. I like what this staff is heading and hopefully signing guys like this will continue the drive forward to putting SU back on top where we belong.
I agree. One of the biggest disappointments of FHCDM's departure is that we lost any recruiting momentum that we gained from the strong finish to the season and bowl W. I'm really happy that HCSS & staff aren't content just to just try to hang on our existing verbals, but are aggressively going after players not previously on our board. Recruiting elite players starts months or even years before they sign their LOI, so I don't expect miracles under the circumstances, but I'm encouraged that we're getting late interest from guys who can really contribute to the program.

I agree. One of the biggest disappointments of FHCDM's departure is that we lost any recruiting momentum that we gained from the strong finish to the season and bowl W. I'm really happy that HCSS & staff aren't content just to just try to hang on our existing verbals, but are aggressively going after players not previously on our board. Recruiting elite players starts months or even years before they sign their LOI, so I don't expect miracles under the circumstances, but I'm encouraged that we're getting late interest from guys who can really contribute to the program.

Absolutely and I hope this staff can close well too. If they can keep the kids we have or at worst keep the damage it a bare minimum while adding quality players we never even had a beat on, that is a very good thing indeed.

A couple of positives about Singleton's recruitment are that he didn't commit after visiting Missouri last weekend, and his primary recruiter all along has been Tim Daoust, who was retained on the staff.
BTW, I think Daoust has done a superb job with our DL.

yup. I like this kid.

I'd bring him and Simeon in.

Singleton looks very, very good on tape. Could step in and start at SS. Very physical presence. Just what this D needs given the lack of size at LB.

Also believe that Morgan should be on the field...anywhere!

Really like this kid's game from what we can see on tape. As people have mentioned good size, very physical, seems to have good football IQ (digests plays), anticipates well, quick. There's definitely a lot to like about him.

Don't get me wrong by no means am I a scouting pro but just going on what I see on the video. I really hope the staff can bring this kid in.

Really like this kid's game from what we can see on tape. As people have mentioned good size, very physical, seems to have good football IQ (digests plays), anticipates well, quick. There's definitely a lot to like about him.

Don't get me wrong by no means am I a scouting pro but just going on what I see on the video. I really hope the staff can bring this kid in.

I'm not either and I'm putting my faith in this staff to evaluate and get the best available student athletes for this team. It is fun looking at these guys on the high light reels but I have to see them live because I don't have enough of an "eye" to be able to tell who's worthy or a scholarship and who isn't on the most part.

Thanks for the article. Had no idea he visited Auburn - none of the sites have reported it. I'd assume he has an offer from them to based on the article as it sounds like they are an option for him to commit to.

**edit** stand corrected. scout had an article visiting auburn but there was no followup.

He visited Auburn on 1/12, Missouri on 1/19 and slated to visit Syracuse on 1/25

Simeon would be a great get has an fsu offer as well, all about singleton maybe he commits after this weekend.

Rivals has Verch as a three star safety 6-2 200 committed to Fresno state and also offered by Oregon state.

Wonder if the staff just let him bring his buddy on the trip.

I like the idea of two JUCO safeties. It helps to balance out the classes with Ford and Shu leaving the team. If we did take 3 that would make me wonder.

History tells me that our verbals generally come right after visits. We'll see.

I think him committing is more along the lines of the Simeon Thomas domino ... if Thomas commits no room for Singleton ... if Thomas goes elsewhere we take Singleton.

I think him committing is more along the lines of the Simeon Thomas domino ... if Thomas commits no room for Singleton ... if Thomas goes elsewhere we take Singleton.
we definitely take the both if they want to come.

Also, I don't believe he has an auburn offer at this time.

we definitely take the both if they want to come.

Also, I don't believe he has an auburn offer at this time.

I'm not sure we have room for both do we?

I'm not sure we have room for both do we?

With carter and now Edwards gone we should . Even before that I think they could have brought in around . 21-22 guys assuming there is some attrition
Be It grades, transfer, peruse music career etc

With carter and now Edwards gone we should . Even before that I think they could have brought in around . 21-22 guys assuming there is some attrition
Be It grades, transfer, peruse music career etc

Me too ... I just figured they wanted more lineman and to snag another LB or RB if possible because of defections ... wasnt sure if they would want a 3rd safety in the class when they have other needs to address ... hence my question I suppose ... I wasn't sure myself.

Me too ... I just figured they wanted more lineman and to snag another LB or RB if possible because of defections ... wasnt sure if they would want a 3rd safety in the class when they have other needs to address ... hence my question I suppose ... I wasn't sure myself.

apparently Scissum was a silent verbal. He committed on his visit last week. so i guess Shafer was going after 3 safeties, which sounds great to me.

apparently Scissum was a silent verbal. He committed on his visit last week. so i guess Shafer was going after 3 safeties, which sounds great to me.

Depth is good ... and as a Cuse fan watching recruiting unfold ... life is good :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom