JUCO Safety Duron Singleton | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JUCO Safety Duron Singleton

apparently Scissum was a silent verbal. He committed on his visit last week. so i guess Shafer was going after 3 safeties, which sounds great to me.
We only have two DB's committed, one being a juco. I wouldn't mind landing a couple more.

Auburn out. Will decide between Syracuse and Missouri

Scary. I just posted the same at the same time in another thread. I must be hanging around here too much.

He would be a fantastic get might start from day one

While looking for Marcus Sales coverage related to the Texas vs. the Nation all-star game, I ran into the following article:

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tu...andouts-at-texas-vs-the-nation-practices.html

This Wednesday is National Signing Day for prep stars nationwide, but a few JUCO's are nailing down their destinations this weekend as well.

Former Helen Cox safety Duron Singleton has visited Missouri and Auburn but is taking in the scenery at Syracuse this weekend. All indications are that Singleton (6'1-210), a mobile strong safety, is ready to pull the trigger on his decision and commit to the Orange.

Helen Cox head football coach Willie Brooks feels the future is extremely bright for the former two-time All Metro performer and that the Syracuse coaching staff is getting a gem of a player.

"He's a hard-working, ferocious hitter that has enough skill to play at the next level," Brooks explained. "He's athletic enough to play safety but hits like a linebacker."

Singleton attended Fresno Junior College over the past two years.

Sounds like he is a package deal with his friend who was the other starting safety not sure of his name but i think that he is around 6-2 200 as well.

Singleton sounds like he would be a GREAT pickup. He would really help fill a need.

Three Juco safeties? Methinks that if we sign Kelly, Singleton and Vercher that Singleton will play linebacker...

Sounds like he is a package deal with his friend who was the other starting safety not sure of his name but i think that he is around 6-2 200 as well.

Maybe not. Vercher, according to TOS, was visiting WI this weekend without Duron.

All of the above...

Sorry this will have to do...
Donnell Vercher

Syracuse High Interest Yes 01/25/2013
Wisconsin High Interest Yes 02/02/2013
Fresno State Low Interest Yes 12/08/2012

I never knew he was from New Orleans, Louisiana.

If we land him I think that'll make 22 different states we'll have players from.

My apologies if this has already been posted but didn't see it if it has. Indicates we might be the front-runner here (last paragraph).

IMO, this would be a HUGE get. Biggest get left on the board. Fingers crossed.

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tu...andouts-at-texas-vs-the-nation-practices.html

Edit: Saw this under the Duron Singleton thread. My bad. Mods, please delete.
FYI, Singleton is originally from Harvey, Louisiana, just south of New Orleans and the Mississippi River. Maybe a mile or so from the Super Dome.

Also maybe another good sign, Mizzou got a Safety commit this weekend.

I never knew he was from New Orleans, Louisiana.

If we land him I think that'll make 22 different states we'll have players from.
I consider the recent recruiting events to be be extremelyinteresting in the short and long of this story.

article in the NYT about high school FB in La, more players in the NFL from that state than any other. They have spring football that allows one? week of contact. Gym class is all about football conditioning, same for cheerleaders

article in the NYT about high school FB in La, more players in the NFL from that state than any other. They have spring football that allows one? week of contact. Gym class is all about football conditioning, same for cheerleaders

Actually here in TX every student atlete takes a for credit class for their sport so they can practice year round rather than takin PE. The football players have football class, soccer players have soccer class and so on.

Actually here in TX every student atlete takes a for credit class for their sport so they can practice year round rather than takin PE. The football players have football class, soccer players have soccer class and so on.
Thats the way it should be.

Why should an athlete who is participating in a inter scholastic sport be required to take PE...other than to save PE teacher jobs? At least assign the kid to a study hall to give them time to concentrate on their school work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom