JUCO Safety Duron Singleton | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JUCO Safety Duron Singleton

This is why recruiting the Northeast is vitally important to this program. These attitudes will always exist. The idea that we'll make up for a lack of connections in our region with connections elsewhere (mid-west, mid-south, etc.) is a losing strategy. The assistants on this staff will very quickly have to get friendly with the states in our region. The kids up here know SU. Even if they think football at SU doesn't measure up to the SEC programs, at least it's close to home. If you're going to wind up miles and miles away from home to play ball, more often than not you're going to justify the distance by picking the program in the higher profile conference. The only exception to this truism is Florida and that's because everybody recruits there and there's a long history of kids going up north for school.

We're not going to get the best kids from Illinois or Michigan. That will not happen. Ohio, I agree. We need to hit that state hard--especially now that Cincy's been knocked down a peg and there's only one major conference team in the state again. Georgia, too, I agree. Huge state, only two local programs. But our bread and butter needs to be in the Northeast.

We are striking out on just as many "Northeast" kids as we are midwest kids. Or did you forget that we are losing one to FSU or Miami, Clemson and possible Indiana...

We are striking out on just as many "Northeast" kids as we are midwest kids. Or did you forget that we are losing one to FSU or Miami, Clemson and possible Indiana...

That's my point. I have a much easier time shrugging off losing Singleton to Missouri than I do Edwards or Smith to other schools. We should worry more about our backyard than picking up LA kids by way of CA juco. I hope Shafer and crew understand that our past success has always been dependent on how well we did in NY, PA, NJ.

Like all private schools, we should be recruiting nationally, conceding nothing. I'll bet that is Mcdonald's attitude

This numbnutz coach would send a kid to Indiana and call it big time

Good for him, playing i the SEC. I can't hate on that and his choice. I personally don't think much of Missouri but good luck to him.

Syracuse apparently hasn't given up

“Missouri and Syracuse pretty much promised him that he’s going to start. He’s only got two years left. They’re not playing around with him. They want him to come in and start. Since he told me it was going to be Missouri, the coaches from both schools have been blowing my phone up.’’

The story has moved here

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/component/...rmer-helen-cox-defensive-back-duron-singleton

Not for nothing but you have to figure a high school coach from Louisiana is going to be SEC centric

5 star kids going to Mizzou? They're dead last in recruiting in the SEC right now.

Mizzouri recruiting rank 35, Syracuse 72. I would be wiling to bet there are a few higher "rated" kids ahead of him on the depth chart whether or not they are 5 star.

It still is the SEC and this is their 1st year and you can see the difference in recruiting already for them.

R***** is reporting that we're still alive. Singleton said the reports of his commitment were premature.

R***** is reporting that we're still alive. Singleton said the reports of his commitment were premature.

i wouldn't get my hopes up. he said on twitter he made a decision a couple days ago. fwiw he did say that Syracuse was leading as late as Saturday night. wonder what could have happened in a couple day period? could Pinkel have been that persuasive?

i wouldn't get my hopes up. he said on twitter he made a decision a couple days ago. fwiw he did say that Syracuse was leading as late as Saturday night. wonder what could have happened in a couple day period? could Pinkel have been that persuasive?

Maybe his HS coach jumped the gun?

I agree. Think he is set with Missouri just wants a chance to announce without someone ruining his day.

Mizzouri recruiting rank 35, Syracuse 72. I would be wiling to bet there are a few higher "rated" kids ahead of him on the depth chart whether or not they are 5 star.

It still is the SEC and this is their 1st year and you can see the difference in recruiting already for them.

I'd be willing to bet if an sec school had our exact class it would be ranked in the top 40

Late last week HCSS, on that 26 hour recruiting whirlwind trip made Duron a priority, he was the first player visited.

Late last week HCSS, on that 26 hour recruiting whirlwind trip made Duron a priority, he was the first player visited.

i'm not doubting our effort towards him. i think not having thomas come was another way of sending a message that he was our #1 priority. apparently both SU and Mizzou pretty much guaranteed him a starting spot. I just find it strange that he had Syracuse leading Sat night, then 2 days later made a life altering decision, and changed his mind.

I'd be willing to bet if an sec school had our exact class it would be ranked in the top 40

juco's always seem to skewer the grade. they aren't nearly as covered as the HS kids so there grades seem to be lower?

i'm not doubting our effort towards him. i think not having thomas come was another way of sending a message that he was our #1 priority. apparently both SU and Mizzou pretty much guaranteed him a starting spot. I just find it strange that he had Syracuse leading Sat night, then 2 days later made a life altering decision, and changed his mind.

stop it. you have no idea why Thomas didn't visit. Maybe he just isn't that good or maybe he'd be lucky to get into a juco. who the hell knows. i guarantee that if he wanted to visit syracuse and we wanted to sign him he would've visited.

stop it. you have no idea why Thomas didn't visit. Maybe he just isn't that good or maybe he'd be lucky to get into a juco. who the hell knows. i guarantee that if he wanted to visit syracuse and we wanted to sign him he would've visited.

Could we put him in time out because I think he's giving me a migraine.;)

i never said i knew exactly why he didn't visit. me making an opinion on information given is wrong how? your last sentence doesn't even make sense, sure if we wanted him we had him, but we are the ones that cancelled the visit. who knows why we cancelled, i assume it is bc we went all in on Singleton. It's so wrong to say that. take it easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom