JUCO Safety Duron Singleton | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JUCO Safety Duron Singleton

I am not sure they were a package deal as Vercher went Wisconsin alone this past weekend and Duron declined.

I never really thought he would come here...That is why I was on the Thomas train.

Pretty weird comment, considering Syracuse went to Missouri this past season and beat them with post-season eligibility on the line... although, I know he was talking about the SEC versus the ACC when he said "going big-time."

“He called me today and said, ‘Coach, I’m going to Missouri,’’’ Brooks said. “I’m glad he’s going to the SEC. He was kind of leaning toward Syracuse. I’m glad to see him going big-time.’’
LOL. Who kept Missouri from becoming bowl-eligible this year, o shining jewel of genius? Dunce.

“He called me today and said, ‘Coach, I’m going to Missouri,’’’ Brooks said. “I’m glad he’s going to the SEC. He was kind of leaning toward Syracuse. I’m glad to see him going big-time.’’

Does this dope realize we just beat Mizzou in their place a mere two months ago? Yeah, "big-time" alright. Screw him.

Getting the impression we might be a bit disappointed with the final group of undecideds if rumors are true.

You may not want to hear it, but the SEC is the big time in college football, for now

Typical Southern attitude. See Dye, Pat for other instances of southerners doing out-of-character, ish things simply because it's being done to a Yankee...

Does this dope realize we just beat Mizzou in their place a mere two months ago? Yeah, "big-time" alright. Screw him.
Hey you coach brooks. Scoreboard ahole
S is Brooks saying we kicked his ass as a s,mall time school?A case of being stupid and opening mouth to prove it.A-hole is an understatement.An A-hole has a purpose to dispose of $#it like him.:confused:

You may not want to hear it, but the SEC is the big time in college football, for now

True enough, but we're talking about MISSOURI, not Alabama here. They've been in the SEC for less than a calendar year.

True enough, but we're talking about MISSOURI, not Alabama here. They've been in the SEC for less than a calendar year.
Just like we talk about playing at Clemson or Fl st, he'll get to play at or against Bama, Ga, Fl, LSU, and maybe against Johnny Football and A&M

Missouri is my personal most overrated sports program. Can we please schedule them again?

I think everyone knows it.

Doesn't mean every kid is flocking to play at Kentucky (although I hear they used new coach momentum to get one good flip today).

The SEC needs ditch diggers too.

Is Simeon Thomas still available? Had a feeling that the two JUCO's were going there separate ways.

0 for 2 so far this evening...

Just like we talk about playing at Clemson or Fl st, he'll get to play at or against Bama, Ga, Fl, LSU, and maybe against Johnny Football and A&M

Or...he can sit the bench when the 5 star kids from HS are ahead of him for his last 2 years.

Or...he can sit the bench when the 5 star kids from HS are ahead of him for his last 2 years.
I thought most of this board didn't believe in star-ratings, but if he sits, he'll get to watch some great football in some great venues

5 star kids going to Mizzou? They're dead last in recruiting in the SEC right now.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/ne...e-back-duron-singleton-to-sign-with-missouri/

This is why recruiting the Northeast is vitally important to this program. These attitudes will always exist. The idea that we'll make up for a lack of connections in our region with connections elsewhere (mid-west, mid-south, etc.) is a losing strategy. The assistants on this staff will very quickly have to get friendly and familiar with the states in our region. The kids up here know SU. Even if they think football at SU doesn't measure up to the SEC programs, at least it's close to home. But if you're going to wind up miles and miles away from home to play ball, more often than not you're going to justify the distance by picking the program in the higher profile conference. The only exception to this truism is Florida and that's because everybody recruits there and there's a long history of kids going up north for school.

We're not going to get the best kids from Illinois or Michigan. That will not happen. Ohio, I agree. We need to hit that state hard--especially now that Cincy's been knocked down a peg and there's only one major conference team in the state again. Georgia, too, I agree. Huge state, only two local programs. But our bread and butter needs to be in the Northeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom