Judah Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to never have a second thought about the kid again. That is a problem with knowing things behind the scenes.
Okay, very disappointed in Judah ‘s overall me first play.

However, I was very excited when he committed as a high school recruit to Syracuse and again when he returned for his Sophomore year.

He played hard almost every game and did his best. Many games, he was the deciding factor in a win.

So, he did not play the way I wanted (more as a distributor/scorer instead of a me first scorer) and behind the scenes seemed to be a disrespectful malcontent. So I did not like that along disliking his continual arguments with the referees.

He played to win every game just in his own manner. I have no right to complain about his play but I still did because I believe in a team oriented approach instead of me first and only approach. So blame me for wanting him to change.

I wish Judah well in his future endeavors and will continue to root for him but I hope that he learns how to play better with others.

Why not? It's his decision to announce, not Mike Waters. like this is why majority of this country can't stand the media. It's all about themselves. There's no common decency in their circles.
Since you mention Mike Waters and "the media," is it primarily journalists that you and "the majority of this country can't stand?" Yeah, a free "media" and press really suck. They oughta close down Newhouse and stop pumping out all those media types.

Anyway. This is so incredibly a basic concept that it is hard to believe it has to be pointed out. Mike Waters is a journalist and reporting is what he does! And thank goodness for that.

Anyway number two. If Judah Mintz can't handle Mike Waters' reporting and wants him kept away from the Syracuse basketball program, he surely isn't ready for the NBA and the white hot media spotlight that accompanies life in the pros.

Wish him the best, but time to grow up.

Judah was probably one of my most love hate players we have ever had. His style of play was great when he was on and really bad when he wasnt. His obsession at times to try and draw contact were frustrating. I wish he had more, for lack of a better word, smooth demeanor to his game. While i appreciated his fire at times i also didnt like the constant jabbering that he did.

I cant say that i will really miss him but i wouldnt have balked if he came back either.

Exactly this. 20 wins was crazy looking back. I did a count at one point and we played sweet 16 teams 10 times this year. I think we went 3-7. Not even considering we threw a bunch 19 year olds at 24-25 year olds along with a first year head coach.
When you put it like that, it surely doesn't seem so bad.

The team had an aweful lot of square pegs in round holes, played against a very hard schedule, and had terrible injury trouble.

Yet we still got 20 wins, despite the various problems and a first year coach.

Yeah, I'm with Dasher on this... I hope not to hear much more at all about Judah moving forward. I've had enough. He's freaking exhausting. I'll keep it at that because I really don't want to get mean spirited.

What's the over/under on how many posts before this thread gets locked?

Good luck Judah. You were fun to watch, most of the time. Please try this with Draymond Green:
Reminds me how much I appreciated JBA. He had no idea what's going on, but stick up for his guy.

There’s no more perfect way for him to leave SU than to take a shot at a fair and respected writer on his way out the door.

I long for the day when SU actually vettes guys in HS and doesn’t sign dummies anymore.

And I generally *liked* Judah as a player.

Judah was probably one of my most love hate players we have ever had. His style of play was great when he was on and really bad when he wasnt. His obsession at times to try and draw contact were frustrating. I wish he had more, for lack of a better word, smooth demeanor to his game. While i appreciated his fire at times i also didnt like the constant jabbering that he did.

I cant say that i will really miss him but i wouldnt have balked if he came back either.
I'm with you. When your most talked about stat during games is how many times you get to the foul line, that doesn't bode well for future success. And when it is accompanied by constant complaining to the refs, it becomes almost unwatchable.

In my opinion, Judah is mad, because this completely undermines his autograph session in May. It’s going to decrease the number of people who show up, and probably increase the percentage of people who do show up that are going to be mad at him.

Related: what kind of weirdo would line up for a forgettable 20-year-old college basketball player from a mediocre team to write his name on a piece of paper?

only bashing the nasty ones
By that logic are you allowed to bash other fans? You should cheer for these fans not bash them. It’s a fan board right?y o

o

only bashing the nasty ones

o

I think you are dogging me calling you out for doing to others what you accuse them of doing to Judah. By your latest statement, these other posters could say they’re only bashing the selfish players.

In my opinion, Judah is mad, because this completely undermines his autograph session in May. It’s going to decrease the number of people who show up, and probably increase the percentage of people who do show up that are going to be mad at him.
He earned it.

His Grandpa tweeting "Good Riddance Syracuse" might not help numbers at the autograph session.
His grandpa really gave us a peak in on why this kid is the way he is. Im not saying hes a trouble maker off the court, I dont know, but I know the kid has zero accountability and is never in the wrong. He plays the victim better than anyone ive seen in a cuse uniform in a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom