Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot’s of changes. Last year Chet refused to give his medical info to the Rockets which caused them stress in case he fell to the third pick. I guess prospects won’t be able to put teams in that position going forward.
Would someone then be a free agent?

If he wanted to stay, he would’ve ya know, stayed?

I mean, unless of course, your father got offered a lot of money, an unrealistic number, but your kid has to attend a different school, so you tell your child they have to transfer to said school, too bad if you love said school you’re playing for

Just hypothetical tho

I mean, unless of course, your father got offered a lot of money, an unrealistic number, but your kid has to attend a different school, so you tell your child they have to transfer to said school, too bad if you love said school you’re playing for

Just hypothetical tho
Yeah… that’s not how it works lol he’s 22 years old, not 18. Parents are hard to turn down, but let’s not pretend like he showed up one day and he was moved out of the apartment by his father.

Just hypothetical tho

I’m not sure Jesse loves SU. You don’t take multiple shots as you walk out the door if you do. Also he is what 22 or 23 at this point? The father calling the shots at this point in his life would be pathetic if true.

I’m not sure Jesse loves SU. You don’t take multiple shots as you walk out the door if you do. Also he is what 22 or 23 at this point? The father calling the shots at this point in his life would be pathetic if true.

Unless of course, you need to say certain things to make sure you don’t reveal any recruiting violations

And apparently you haven’t talked to a lot of college student athletes. A majority of these kids have their parents acting as their agents……..

For example, Benny Williams talked to mom and she said she was wanted him to come back to Syracuse but Benny wouldn’t make a choice until he talked to his father about coming back….his father gave him his blessing and so returned Benny.

JG3 wouldn’t sign up for our tailgate guest appearance, until we contacted and communicated with his father…

Everything in Sean Tuckers life is literally run by his father….NIL deals, etc

Hey, I’m just throwing out a hypothetical theory you know

Jilted girlfriend syndrome... Edwards really wanted to stay, but was offended by the offer and had to take the much better one. He had hurt feelings that caused him to say mean things.

Syracuse essentially said "I'm not that into you" and Jesse is in psycho ex mode for a little while.

It's too bad, really.

Unless of course, you need to say certain things to make sure you don’t reveal any recruiting violations

And apparently you haven’t talked to a lot of college student athletes. A majority of these kids have their parents acting as their agents……..

For example, Benny Williams talked to mom and she said she was wanted him to come back to Syracuse but Benny wouldn’t make a choice until he talked to his father about coming back….his father gave him his blessing and so returned Benny.

JG3 wouldn’t sign up for our tailgate guest appearance, until we contacted and communicated with his father…

Everything in Sean Tuckers life is literally run by his father….NIL deals, etc

Hey, I’m just throwing out a hypothetical theory you know
You right I don’t talk to a lot of college athletes and don’t have any burning desire to do so. I’m all for taking the advice of the old man into account but if he’s still calling the shots for you at that age it’s just sad. Not saying that’s the case for Jesse but many have alluded to it.

Haven't had many interactions with Gen Z, have you? Very normal

Would someone then be a free agent?
From what I’ve read, it sounds like they won’t be allowed to enter the NBA until they’ve participated in a Combine (or have a doctors note saying they’re unable to participate which I’m guessing will happen quite often). There’s a couple other less likely exceptions as well.

”SU” isn‘t just one thing.
Look at it like the Xander Bogaerts thing in baseball. He very much wanted to stay in Boston. Loved his experience there. The RedSox front office didn’t show him the kind of ‘love and appreciation’ [read Money] that the Padres did. He left, and took the crazy offer, and took shots at Boston brass/ownership on the way out. Not because he didn’t like the city, his teammates, or his Boston career, but because he was asked questions when he had a bad taste in his mouth and he didn’t lie. People have feelings. It’s nice when they are diplomatic but then we shouid probably be grateful also for some truth peppered in among the typical sports platitudes and cliches.

I don’t know about anyone’s family situation, but no matter how old you get, parents can still be an influence. ”Calling the shots” as in ‘making a demand’ may be an un-nuanced way of looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom