Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoring is going to be an issue. Reminds me a bit of the Battle/Brissett/Howard roster. I really do not like the FSU guy as the projected 5. The pendulum is swinging to far IMO.

Let's hope operation add another guard is in full swing.

I think Westry should be quite a bit better then Howard was. We have to be an aggressive defensive team and look to run for sure. This can't be a halfcourt team.

I heard he dropped out of second rd in some latest mock draft. Sorry for lack of detail. If so I assume he’s back
If he doesn't get drafted, it will be because he was absolutely atrocious in workouts/at the Combine.

Let's hope operation add another guard is in full swing.

I think Westry should be quite a bit better then Howard was. We have to be an aggressive defensive team and look to run for sure. This can't be a halfcourt team.
Probably, but he’s unproven and Franks numbers his Junior year were actually decent. It was his senior year he sht the bed. The shooting is a major concern for me. Bell or Taylor will have to play.

Note that is both the Combine and G league lists

Going to put Sam Vecenie's big board rankings (he goes 100 deep) in parentheses on the 20 invites that have been confirmed so far. Vecenie is lower on Mintz than probably anyone I follow (has Mintz #50 on his big board right now).
  1. Kobe Brown, Missouri | Source (41)
  2. Michael Caicedo, Covirán Granada (Spain) | Source (unranked)
  3. Toumani Camara, Dayton | Source (96)
  4. Adam Flager, Baylor | Source (51)
  5. Mouhamed Gueye, Washington State | Source (64)
  6. Coleman Hawkins, Illinois | Source (57)
  7. DaRon Holmes II, Dayton | Source (62)
  8. Andre Jackson Jr., UConn | Source (34)
  9. Arthur Kaluma, Creighton | Source (55)
  10. Bobi Klintman, Wake Forest | Source (23)
  11. Seth Lundy, Penn State | Source (63)
  12. Kevin McCullar, Kansas | Source (44)
  13. Jordan Miller, Miami (Fla.) | Source (52)
  14. Omari Moore, San Jose State | Source (49)
  15. Grant Nelson, North Dakota State | Source (75)
  16. Jalen Pickett, Penn State | Source (81)
  17. Brandin Podziemski, Santa Clara | Source (47)
  18. Adama Sanogo, UConn | Source (70)
  19. Ben Sheppard, Belmont | Source (69)
  20. Isaiah Wong, Miami (Fla.) | Source (71)
So even with arguably Mintz' biggest skeptic, he's ranked ahead of 14/20 guys that have been invited so far. It would be very surprising if Mintz isn't invited.

Probably, but he’s unproven and Franks numbers his Junior year were actually decent. It was his senior year he sht the bed. The shooting is a major concern for me. Bell or Taylor will have to play.

This is where I'm not as negative on a guy like Mccleod. 7-4 is a big space eater if you need to go smaller 1-4 to make sure you have a sniper on the floor. Mccleod is a guy who needs a role and a coach that works him hard all summer. Griff has the chops.. does Mccleod have it in him to improve? It's a gamble for sure.

As for shooting, JJ has a better shot than Battle did form wise. The difference for us will be the style of defense and pace. If we play fast I think you can get the most out of this roster. A half court team ... ehhhh

So, even though he wasn't invited to the combine, he'll stay with the draft?

Just wonder what his rational is to go that route.

That’s not the complete list.

Boy, you got cuckoo brain. Keep talkin the crazy.
Crazy that Fair and Battle should have left a year earlier? They both should have. They would have been drafted. For some reason people on this board think Syracuse can’t be good without Judah Mintz, and are hoping he will stay for selfish reasons. They think only place he can possibly become successful in the future is by putting on a Syracuse uniform next year. If he’s a draft pick he should go. He’s stated that his dream isn’t playing in college. It’s professionally. Syracuse is a stepping stone to play professionally for the young man.

This is where I'm not as negative on a guy like Mccleod. 7-4 is a big space eater if you need to go smaller 1-4 to make sure you have a sniper on the floor. Mccleod is a guy who needs a role and a coach that works him hard all summer. Griff has the chops.. does Mccleod have it in him to improve? It's a gamble for sure.

As for shooting, JJ has a better shot than Battle did form wise. The difference for us will be the style of defense and pace. If we play fast I think you can get the most out of this roster. A half court team ... ehhhh
It will be an interesting year. McLeod and Hima will definitely benefit from coaching, and maybe Carey develops and Patterson is better than advertised? Who thought Brandon Triche would be as good as he was as a freshman?

Tickets won’t be selling too quickly with that roster. Everyone will be in wait and see mode. For long time STH this year may be make or break. Talking to those around me, they were holding on only because they knew change was coming and they wanted to wait it out.

I think he is. They want him to rebound and play defense.
The highlights make McLeod look like a viable guy to cut the the basket and finish other guys drives, get offensive rebounds for dunks and run to the basket on the pick and roll or screen and roll. He dunks everything he can, no wimpy layups that rim or for him. He also is a favorite receiving the alley opp and his teammates really trust him to go get it. He also seemed to get behind the defense in transition, so maybe he's sneaky fast. Edwards watching McLeod dunk in transition was a feature in his highlight tape.

McLeod seems sure handed enough to pull in his fair share of rebounds, even blocking out effectively at one point. He averaged 8 boards per 40 in conference play, so he's not yet dominant, although he could be eventually with his size.

And he is an adept shot blocker (over 10% blocks). He only played 11 minutes a game, but McLeod's per 40 numbers in conference play were respectable. Impressive to me is that he didn't foul much, getting 3.4 fouls and 3.2 blocks per 40 minutes.

His endurance seemed to be lacking, where one poster said he only could really only go 8 minutes before pooping out. Having a solid rotation at center with three or four very tall men available could help McLeod stay fresh and effective.

If the staff likes him, we can only trust them at this point. A rotation of McLeod, Hima, and Brown at the 4-5 seems like it could be effective.

This team could be very good if Mintz comes back, and would be very unproven if he doesn't. So much rides on one player's decision, unlike most years.

Scoring is going to be an issue. Reminds me a bit of the Battle/Brissett/Howard roster. I really do not like the FSU guy as the projected 5. The pendulum is swinging to far IMO.

That team would have been fine if not for every play being Battle or Howard playing screen and roll way behind the arc with Chukwu just getting in their way every possession. That team's offense was an early sign of JB's coaching starting to deteriorate, imo.

Then he overreacted by having forwards play out of position at center for a few seasons.

He removed Cuse from his Insta. Why is this such a surprise now?
Eh, he’s what, 19? He’s only a few years removed from listing his “top 5 friends” in his insta bio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom