Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Klintman’s name on Twitter this morning and couldn’t believe it was the same kid from Wake
He has the physical measurables to be a 2nd rounder. I liked what I saw late in the season from him.

He has the physical measurables to be a 2nd rounder. I liked what I saw late in the season from him.
Second round I get but he’s getting talked about much higher than that

Second round I get but he’s getting talked about much higher than that
Yeesssh honestly I didn't read any of the articles. But if a team wants to take a chance, it better be a title contender

Pretty surprised by the wingspan. Always seemed to me like he had relatively long arms.
A little more context on this, from all the measurements I’ve seen so far Judah has the second smallest wingspan in the draft and tied for the worst height to wingspan ratio(I may have missed some though was just a couple minute scroll through Twitter). Not sure if it’s weighted as highly for guards, but I know it’s pretty important for the forwards and centers in GMs eyes. He tested relatively well in the other areas from the bits I’ve seen, but there’s not too much concrete info out there for his results. I think the scrimmages and interviews will be much more important for him anyways.

A little more context on this, from all the measurements I’ve seen so far Judah has the second smallest wingspan in the draft and tied for the worst height to wingspan ratio(I may have missed some though was just a couple minute scroll through Twitter). Not sure if it’s weighted as highly for guards, but I know it’s pretty important for the forwards and centers in GMs eyes. He tested relatively well in the other areas from the bits I’ve seen, but there’s not too much concrete info out there for his results. I think the scrimmages and interviews will be much more important for him anyways.

Scrimmages will likely be the key for him.

It's definitely more important for wings/big men, but that wingspan will be held against Judah for sure. It's especially bad if you're both short and have a tiny wingspan; Judah escapes that but a 6'3" wingspan regardless of position is pretty underwhelming. I didn't think he had a crazy wingspan but I thought it would be higher than that. Will likely be viewed as someone that can only defend PGs now, whereas a longer wingspan + the hands he showed defensively this season could have convinced people he'd be at least a little bit switchable.

It's definitely more important for wings/big men, but that wingspan will be held against Judah for sure. It's especially bad if you're both short and have a tiny wingspan; Judah escapes that but a 6'3" wingspan regardless of position is pretty underwhelming. I didn't think he had a crazy wingspan but I thought it would be higher than that. Will likely be viewed as someone that can only defend PGs now, whereas a longer wingspan + the hands he showed defensively this season could have convinced people he'd be at least a little bit switchable.
I mean the thing is, we joke about it, but coming back to school isn't going to help with a measurable like wingspan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom