Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need another big man. The game is different. Many good teams do not play through the post. They defend, rebound and run the floor while some also are stretch bigs. Folks need to get these antiquated roles being the only way to succeed out of their head.
we've heard this before, but...

What are the odds Judah comes back? It’s an on going conversation but time is running out and a decision will shortly be made. Anyone care to comment? Those insiders? Thanks
2/98

What are the odds Judah comes back? It’s an on going conversation but time is running out and a decision will shortly be made. Anyone care to comment? Those insiders? Thanks
50/50 if it was anything else, someone would’ve reported it

Villanova and Baylor won with their tallest guys being 6’7”.

Yep..Miami was small, FAU was small, UConn outside of Clingan off the bench played small ball. Sanogo was still only a physical 6-9.

Iowa, Michigan, Illinois.. didn't get it done playing through the post with bigtime rosters.

Heck look at the NBA. Bostons big men are 6-9. Miami plays small with 6-9 Adebayo. Denver was the biggest team of the NBA Final Four and that's with a Point Center NBA MVP.

You think someone is going to separately report every single kid who is staying in the draft?
Yup, they are paid to report on as many players as possible. You think rothstien only follows a few players?

It’s not like there’s 1,000 fringe draft players, the list starts at mock rank 50 and ends at mock rank 100

Yep..Miami was small, FAU was small, UConn outside of Clingan off the bench played small ball. Sanogo was still only a physical 6-9.

Iowa, Michigan, Illinois.. didn't get it done playing through the post with bigtime rosters.

Heck look at the NBA. Bostons big men are 6-9. Miami plays small with 6-9 Adebayo. Denver was the biggest team of the NBA Final Four and that's with a Point Center NBA MVP.
Last couple seasons Iowa hasn’t played through the post. Then again they don’t get it done regardless of what they do.

Last couple seasons Iowa hasn’t played through the post. Then again they don’t get it done regardless of what they do.

I was referring to the Garza year specifically

50/50 if it was anything else, someone would’ve reported it
What is most surprising is the lack of news of any team workouts for Judah. Most teams will bring in like 4 players to work out and play 2 on 2 We just haven't heard anything. But you have to wonder if someone, like a Troy Weaver, has made a promise to Judah.

What is most surprising is the lack of news of any team workouts for Judah. Most teams will bring in like 4 players to work out and play 2 on 2 We just haven't heard anything. But you have to wonder if someone, like a Troy Weaver, has made a promise to Judah.
Detroit has the 5th and 31st picks this year. I can't imagine him promising Judah one of those.

Detroit has the 5th and 31st picks this year. I can't imagine him promising Judah one of those.
No, but 2nd round draft picks get traded a lot, especially by teams with multiple ones and few roster slots.

Why in the world would he do that? There have been a lot of Syracuse guys in the draft and Troy doesn't seem to make promises to them?

Why in the world would he do that? There have been a lot of Syracuse guys in the draft and Troy doesn't seem to make promises to them?
I said "like a Troy Weaver", not necessarily meaning Troy Weaver, but since you brought it up, maybe Troy has played closer attention to Judah's game and has watched him evolve from a young kid growing up in Maryland to Syracuse, areas where Weaver is extremely familiar with on a first hand basis.

Mintz is arguably our best pro prospect since Jerami, and Weaver did trade for Jerami and signed Buddy.

I said "like a Troy Weaver", not necessarily meaning Troy Weaver, but since you brought it up, maybe Troy has played closer attention to Judah's game and has watched him evolve from a young kid growing up in Maryland to Syracuse, areas where Weaver is extremely familiar with on a first hand basis.

Mintz is arguably our best pro prospect since Jerami, and Weaver did trade for Jerami and signed Buddy.
And he may end up with the Pistons. But I was making it clear it won't be because of any Syracuse connection. Doing things like that is a quick trip to the unemployment line. Not just Syracuse. Any school. Any GM

And he may end up with the Pistons. But I was making it clear it won't be because of any Syracuse connection. Doing things like that is a quick trip to the unemployment line. Not just Syracuse. Any school. Any GM

Not to mention Detroit is very much a TBD in terms of the moves made since he took the position not to mention bringing on Murphy who ends up being fired...

Of course. I wasn't implying anything like that, just possibly that he was very familiar with Judah's game.

I have a solid (anonymous source, but many know who it is) who is giving this a 50/50 shot. But there is only a 20% chance of that.

I have a solid (anonymous source, but many know who it is) who is giving this a 50/50 shot. But there is only a 20% chance of that.
50% of the time, he’s staying 100% of the time

It’s a total coin flip. No one needs to speculate anymore. That’s completely what it is at this time
So I guess we’ll find out at the eleventh hour. Might as well save ourselves some stress from now until then and stop constantly checking for updates.

They did plenty of shooting drills outside of the game, the scouts know if he is ready or not or can be developed based on form, ability.
They picked Jokic in the 2nd round, sometimes they miss things.

If he has already decided to remain in the draft, why would he remain silent? How does that benefit his NBA career? Clearly he knows his fans are awaiting his decision. My gut says he is leaning towards returning. You would think a team would have provided some type of assurance of a two way contract by now. It is possible a team’s assurance is subject to another prospect’s decision, but the closer it gets to the deadline the more likely he returns. To say he doesn’t have to say anything because he is already in the draft does not make sense. His posts seem to indicate he appreciates his fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom