Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They picked Jokic in the 2nd round, sometimes they miss things.
Yup. Easy to see why.

i

Even early in his NBA career a lot of people thought Nurkic was better than Jokic.
I may have fuzzy memory, but that comment surprises me. Nuggets traded Nurkic the year after Jokic was drafted. They knew who was better.

I wonder how much requiring full participation in next year's combine might impact thought process on the opportunity as well. A definite risk reward matter that if a good year bumps up your stock then a really good combine seals the deal... or gives a much better bump. Plus you know exactly what to expect vs those who haven't been yet and had hopes of sitting it out..

Last edited:
I said "like a Troy Weaver", not necessarily meaning Troy Weaver, but since you brought it up, maybe Troy has played closer attention to Judah's game and has watched him evolve from a young kid growing up in Maryland to Syracuse, areas where Weaver is extremely familiar with on a first hand basis.

Mintz is arguably our best pro prospect since Jerami, and Weaver did trade for Jerami and signed Buddy.
I mean not picking at the point but Troy Weaver has been in the NBA for 20 years now

If the Spurs don’t try to trade up to get Amen, I think they would look at Judah at 44, at least in passing.

I personally think they either want an extraterrestrial athletic prospect like Amen or, if they can’t reach that, they won’t concede draft capital to get one of the later guys like Kobe Bufkin and maybe take a look at Judah.

Really wish Judah’s wingspan was just a little better.

If the Spurs don’t try to trade up to get Amen, I think they would look at Judah at 44, at least in passing.

I personally think they either want an extraterrestrial athletic prospect like Amen or, if they can’t reach that, they won’t concede draft capital to get one of the later guys like Kobe Bufkin and maybe take a look at Judah.

Really wish Judah’s wingspan was just a little better.
Tony Parker light.

Interesting. They have a number of picks. Some legit competition in this workout.. as it pertains to late picks or undrafted guys.

Few more days to go but wonder if this workout is a make or break... to flip things one way or the other. Not sure if I'm Judah I'm thrilled I'm paired with this group for a workout vs some higher end guys.

Hope he dominates and gets the promise he is looking for.

Last edited:
He should make a great impression with that group. Who knows, maybe he gets the feedback he’s looking for from Charlotte. Only takes one team.

Yep. If there is one thing with Charlotte it's that they are swimming in picks and he could end up amidst a few drafted guards and a logjam. That said hope he crushes is and gets picked as high as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom