Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are fine with or without him. If he returns i hope that he doesnt treat the season as a try out of the league. hope he plays team ball

One thing I heard someone say during a combine game when discussing players on the fence between the g league and college, not specific to Judah, was that in college you prepare for and are trying to win games. In the g league you are preparing for and trying to make the nba.

One thing I heard someone say during a combine game when discussing players on the fence between the g league and college, not specific to Judah, was that in college you prepare for and are trying to win games. In the g league you are preparing for and trying to make the nba.
And it's reflected in the quality of play.

To me that's one of the very fixable flaws with the G League. That mentality then can translate positively to productivity but not necessarily to "winning". I feel like if you watch Miami you see the blend of G League development of undrafted guys with the value assigned to being a winner as well. More parity but also some bad basketball too.

No idea who the other players are…

IMG_0982.gif

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/s...hem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter#

On Mintz:
There were some question marks about whether Mintz will keep his name in the draft beyond Wednesday’s 11:59 p.m. deadline for upperclassmen to withdraw and maintain college eligibility. But it doesn’t sound like Mintz is considering going back to suit up for the Orange again, instead relishing the chance to showcase himself in front of the Hornets’ talent evaluators.

“I’ve got a few days to make a clear-cut decision,” Mintz said. “I really feel like my freshman year kind of spoke for itself. Obviously, it got me in this position right now. I can compete, I can hang around these dudes, especially at the combine, being able to play and prove my worth has been great for me. “It’s a crazy opportunity. Everybody has a dream to be here. So, for me to actually get here and play in front of people like that is just a dream come true.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/s...hem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter#

On Mintz:
There were some question marks about whether Mintz will keep his name in the draft beyond Wednesday’s 11:59 p.m. deadline for upperclassmen to withdraw and maintain college eligibility. But it doesn’t sound like Mintz is considering going back to suit up for the Orange again, instead relishing the chance to showcase himself in front of the Hornets’ talent evaluators.

“I’ve got a few days to make a clear-cut decision,” Mintz said. “I really feel like my freshman year kind of spoke for itself. Obviously, it got me in this position right now. I can compete, I can hang around these dudes, especially at the combine, being able to play and prove my worth has been great for me. “It’s a crazy opportunity. Everybody has a dream to be here. So, for me to actually get here and play in front of people like that is just a dream come true.”

Interesting. If social media is any indicator this was his only nba workout to date. A NC outlet making that comment is a bit self serving to be fair as well.

Interesting. If social media is any indicator this was his only nba workout to date. A NC outlet making that comment is a bit self serving to be fair as well.
Yeah. Not sure I agree with the author based on that quote. Didn’t give me a tell either way but it’s possible he told him more that wasn’t quoted and gave him a stronger indication he was staying in the draft.

What other pro sport cannibalizes its feeder system that produces its players? None.
But the NBA likes to pull kids out before 98% of them are ready to make any real contribution. I'm sure there are NBA GMs who would draft middle school kids if it were allowed. I don't blame these kids for taking the money if NBA teams are going to be dumb. I just feel bad for the kids who come out premature before their games are sufficiently developed and are not prepared to succeed in their " brief moment" and then they are churned out for the next year's crop coming out.

I think we are fine with or without him. If he returns i hope that he doesnt treat the season as a try out of the league. hope he plays team ball
I agree but I don't think that Red would let that happen.

We will all find out soon enough. Hope he stays as I think he’s missing a golden opportunity with SU next year if he leaves, and also runs the risk of not being drafted… but we will find out soon enough.

What other pro sport cannibalizes its feeder system that produces its players? None.
But the NBA likes to pull kids out before 98% of them are ready to make any real contribution. I'm sure there are NBA GMs who would draft middle school kids if it were allowed. I don't blame these kids for taking the money if NBA teams are going to be dumb. I just feel bad for the kids who come out premature before their games are sufficiently developed and are not prepared to succeed in their " brief moment" and then they are churned out for the next year's crop coming out.
I guess it depends on what you consider to be a feeder system. I think part of the issue is that the NBA doesn’t want college to be a feeder system in the first place. They want to get to the point that it’s the G-League.

As it stands now, pretty much all sports outside of American football try to get kids in their system as early as possible. The NBA isn’t unique in that way.

For the past week I've been looking at Judah coming back as gravy/bonus.

We know we have unproven talent and concerns because the stats last year are underwhelming or non existent due to injury. With that said you have 5 guards who are hungry and play aggressive on both ends. Nearly all with a chip coming in. Add 3 wings that fit that mold as well. A pf who is a right place right time guy that does a bit of everything and now you've added some more size. Kids have to produce and the system needs to be crisp. All that said you aren't lacking dawgs at G if Judah doesn't return but also you aren't dealing with a bunch of selfish guys. All these guys look to make a play whether it's for a teammate or themselves.

On Mintz:

He gone.

What feeder system? Overseas? OTE? G League Ignite?

NBA is fine. They pull kids out and train them better than the joke that is college basketball.

Not like professional soccer doesn't grab middle school kids for their development academy and have a history of giving up on them before they have a chance, or pushing them up before they have developed, only to be buried on reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom