Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 50 pages some have lost their minds waiting. Others need him to leave to possibly keep their narratives intact.

And depending on what we learn in a few days either they lost them the other direction or a new panic is created that people have been laying the foundation before. The 10 games if we are lucky phase is just waiting for its number to be callled...

I cant see him coming back. I wish him the best. I hope he has a long NBA career that future kids can see and say, "Hey, Syracuse is a springboard to greatness". Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. He needs one more year. If he comes out now, I just think he's going to be a career G Leaguer / Europe guy. And if that's what he dreamed about on the playground, hey, who am I do criticize? Hope to see his name on draft night if he stays in.

Judah just followed McLeod on Instagram. It’s most likely nothing, but it is interesting given the timing. In my periodic checks I haven’t noticed any other Cuse basketball related follows in the last month on Judahs end either. So who knows, could be something.

Judah just followed McLeod on Instagram. It’s most likely nothing, but it is interesting given the timing. In my periodic checks I haven’t noticed any other Cuse basketball related follows in the last month on Judahs end either. So who knows, could be something.

I don't harbor any expectations from a good news lens but Cuse hoops I would think is over due for some good fortune on the star player attrition front. We've paid our dues a couple times over. We did get Tyus to come back. This is quite a bit bigger of a matter. Much more like if Ennis came back... not much longer to wait.

I don't harbor any expectations from a good news lens but Cuse hoops I would think is over due for some good fortune on the star player attrition front. We've paid our dues a couple times over. We did get Tyus to come back. This is quite a bit bigger of a matter. Much more like if Ennis came back... not much longer to wait.
We also got Coleman and Wallace. Two pretty good players. Recent history is not as good.

I cant see him coming back. I wish him the best. I hope he has a long NBA career that future kids can see and say, "Hey, Syracuse is a springboard to greatness". Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. He needs one more year. If he comes out now, I just think he's going to be a career G Leaguer / Europe guy. And if that's what he dreamed about on the playground, hey, who am I do criticize? Hope to see his name on draft night if he stays in.
Yeah we didn’t know based on the first 6 times you said it.;)

Last edited:
I disagree with that completely. First, I am a Syracuse fan first. Second, there is plenty of time for his dream and and I think the college experience of playing the NCAA tournament and making a run ( I know, nothing is for sure) is something that can't be replaced. Ask John Wallace if he wishes he left in 95? Third, I think he can move himself up in the draft and make more money by coming back for another year. Fourth, I think he can make more money in Syracuse next year than he can in the G league. I couldn't disagree with you more. Now, if he was a sure first round pick, leave with all of our blessings. But that isn't the case.
I don’t think any of us are in a position to grant or withhold “blessings” for his decision.

I mean this honestly - I love the social stalkers. Please keep up the good work. You are the true heroes.

I don't see how staying one more year hurt Wallace's NBA career. So, no. I don't think if he left the year before he suddenly would have been a 10 year NBA guy.
So, someone tell Judah.

Over the past 50 pages some have lost their minds waiting. Others need him to leave to possibly keep their narratives intact.
For the record, I hope I’m wrong. I want him to come back to SU.

Last edited:
Based on what credible info?

Monday, the scuttle was he was staying, and little has changed except time has passed with no announcement.

He very well could leave but I don't think 20/80 is accurate.
Has anything happened that would indicate he’s coming back?

As others have said who are closer it's a coin flip. The gridlock on what is good or bad news relative to his comments or IG stuff is consistent with that. I'm not reading into a NC reporters comments too much.. who I'd wager is a fan of one of those tobacco teams.

My point is, what credible source has stated anything that would skew the numbers to 20-80?

For the record, I hope I’m wrong. I want him to stay.
Deep down, everyone would like him to stay. But Judah needs to do what he feels is right for Judah. Personally, if I'm in his position, I'm gone.

As others have said who are closer it's a coin flip. The gridlock on what is good or bad news relative to his comments or IG stuff is consistent with that. I'm not reading into a NC reporters comments too much.. who I'd wager is a fan of one of those tobacco teams.
They were more confident he was coming back a couple of weeks ago. If it’s a coin flip now, then this is trending in the wrong direction.

How about Mintz’s own comments? He sounds like he wants to stay in the draft and he's looking for something - anything - to justify that desire. He’s not simply looking for feedback.

Deep down, everyone would like him to stay. But Judah needs to do what he feels is right for Judah. Personally, if I'm in his position, I'm gone.
And I would absolutely be going to be back to school. Which is why this is so much “fun.”

I have no knowledge of the outcome of the pending decision, but I would think that either way, Judah would benefit from having as many workouts with teams as possible and gathering as much info about his game right up to the date in which a decision needs to be made. It's not as if his prospects of getting drafted are disillusioned. Get as much feedback as possible and he will make the most informed decision he can at the time.

Disregarding basketball, college can be one of the most fun times in your life--enjoy it while you can, Judah.

I feel like that sentiment, the experience that is college basketball as a whole just doesn't resonate with this younger generations. The NBA is always the ultimate goal and destination but maybe more than ever its front and center and even playing G league is more attractive than bigtime college hoops. Just reality these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom