Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like professional soccer doesn't grab middle school kids for their development academy and have a history of giving up on them before they have a chance, or pushing them up before they have developed, only to be buried on reserves.
Freddy Adu likes this post.

Obviously; why would a point guard come back to play with offensively challenged bigs and guards that can"t shoot from 3? If his assists go down so does his NBA hopes.
His NBA hopes have little to nothing to do with his assists stats.

He will have the opportunity to show what he can do defensively, and to play next to other guards that can handle the ball, where the bigs don’t sit on the block looking for a dump in pass - which is how the NBA plays.

A system that is more similar to the NBA and more talented perimeter teammates should only help him.

His NBA hopes have little to nothing to do with his assists stats.

He will have the opportunity to show what he can do defensively, and to play next to other guards that can handle the ball, where the bigs don’t sit on the block looking for a dump in pass - which is how the NBA plays.

A system that is more similar to the NBA and more talented perimeter teammates should only help him.
Every G League team has more to offer in that regard.

I hope he stays in the draft as its his dream.
His Family is solid so he has excellent support. Worst case he doesn't do well in the G and ends up in a top foreign league.
I disagree with that completely. First, I am a Syracuse fan first. Second, there is plenty of time for his dream and and I think the college experience of playing the NCAA tournament and making a run ( I know, nothing is for sure) is something that can't be replaced. Ask John Wallace if he wishes he left in 95? Third, I think he can move himself up in the draft and make more money by coming back for another year. Fourth, I think he can make more money in Syracuse next year than he can in the G league. I couldn't disagree with you more. Now, if he was a sure first round pick, leave with all of our blessings. But that isn't the case.

I disagree with that completely. First, I am a Syracuse fan first. Second, there is plenty of time for his dream and and I think the college experience of playing the NCAA tournament and making a run ( I know, nothing is for sure) is something that can't be replaced. Ask John Wallace if he wishes he left in 95? Third, I think he can move himself up in the draft and make more money by coming back for another year. Fourth, I think he can make more money in Syracuse next year than he can in the G league. I couldn't disagree with you more. Now, if he was a sure first round pick, leave with all of our blessings. But that isn't the case.
It’s not about the money.

Ask John Wallace if he wishes he left in 95? Third, I think he can move himself up in the draft and make more money by coming back for another year.
dasher, you are royalty, so take this with the utmost respect.

would Wallace have played more years if he left earlier? I thought he was a stronger NBA player than he turned out to be (I also didn’t realize Jerami would be as amazing as he is).

the biggest x-factor now is will Syracuse NIL > G-League, and will Mintz slot into a full roster spot if he stays, vs G league if he don’t.

dasher, you are royalty, so take this with the utmost respect.

would Wallace have played more years if he left earlier? I thought he was a stronger NBA player than he turned out to be (I also didn’t realize Jerami would be as amazing as he is).

the biggest x-factor now is will Syracuse NIL > G-League, and will Mintz slot into a full roster spot if he stays, vs G league if he don’t.
I don't see how staying one more year hurt Wallace's NBA career. So, no. I don't think if he left the year before he suddenly would have been a 10 year NBA guy.

Every G League team has more to offer in that regard.

The one thing the G League doesn't have is exposure and the ability to use that exposure to generate NIL opportunities as that exposure grows if you are an All American on a top 15 team. If growing brand means less than getting to the league though.. that would matter very little in Judahs case.

The one thing the G League doesn't have is exposure and the ability to use that exposure to generate NIL opportunities as that exposure grows if you are an All American on a top 15 team. If growing brand means less than getting to the league though.. that would matter very little in Judahs case.
Yeah, I don’t think he cares about that at all. In his mind, he’s going to make it, so he’ll grow his brand as an NBA player.

I don't see how staying one more year hurt Wallace's NBA career. So, no. I don't think if he left the year before he suddenly would have been a 10 year NBA guy.
Yeah….I don’t understand what he was getting at, at all with that one.

If Wallace leaves after his junior year, he’s possibly still a 7-8 year NBA vet, but one who nobody really remembers or cares about.

Because he stayed, he’s a 7-8 year NBA vet who everybody remembers for a great senior season and one of the all time great NCAA tourney runs that a star player has ever strapped his team on his back for.

Ehhhh, G Leaguers have a brand to build?
Didn’t say that. Put yourself in his shoes. He’s not looking at the G League as a long term gig. I’m sure he thinks he’ll be on an NBA roster in a year or two.

Yeah, I don’t think he cares about that at all. In his mind, he’s going to make it, so he’ll grow his brand as an NBA player.

If he gets there he can build a brand. He won't have much of one till he does especially in the G League. But again if not important to him then doesn't matter much.

Unless he becomes at least a better than average shooter, he won’t last in the NBA. His drives to the basket will be less in the NBA and if he does get to the rim, he will be met with shot blockers. He will also not get all the calls he got in college. I’m not sure he projects at the NBA level. Athletically yes. His ability to shoot, very unproven.

Good Luck Judah..This thread has slowly gotten to twenty percent staying and 80 percent leaving without saying it. I think he’s making a big mistake and costing himself a lot of money initially but it is what it is I don’t see him
Coming back here

Good Luck Judah..This thread has slowly gotten to twenty percent staying and 80 percent leaving without saying it. I think he’s making a big mistake and costing himself a lot of money initially but it is what it is I don’t see him
Coming back here
Agreed, also to be clear i used poor wording in my post of Judah remaining in the draft. Of course i want him for another year, and i believe returning is in his best interest. However sometimes you have to follow your heart and if the NBA is everything to Judah than im 100% behind him staying. Either way i believe he will be ok. If he returns i do think he will be drafted higher next year. Still, unless he makes significant progress as an outside shooting threat and even if he does i dont see him going in the first round. High second yes.

Coming back here
Based on what credible info?

Monday, the scuttle was he was staying, and little has changed except time has passed with no announcement.

He very well could leave but I don't think 20/80 is accurate.

I don't think you, or anyone else, has any idea what Judah thinks. GLeague players don't "have a brand."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom