Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is odd timing, it's not like he had the NBA pre draft camp.
Ok AA Donnie Freeman's OV is over but it's back to work if Judah is leaving.

Maybe if he doesn't go pro, he goes portal?
Uggh but regardless, he was a starting freshman point guard at SU and has had SU fans cheering for him, accepted SU NIL deal, had SU coaches playing him, coaching him, and he’s still a member of the team- all facts. Makes absolutely no sense to be disrespectful whether his future destination is the NBA, the portal or returning. It just seems out of character and sad from what we thought we knew.

Uggh but regardless, he was a starting freshman point guard at SU and has had SU fans cheering for him, accepted SU NIL deal, had SU coaches playing him, coaching him, and he’s still a member of the team- all facts. Makes absolutely no sense to be disrespectful whether his future destination is the NBA, the portal or returning. It just seems out of character and sad from what we thought we knew.
If I had to say, I would say it is meaningless. Trying to find some meaning is beyond me.

Syracuse, only team to ever lose players to the pros.

Woe is us
Many of the elite schools have a pipeline. 2-3 blue chippers out, 2-3 blue chippers in, almost every year.

We aren't that. Losing one hurts.

Hopefully, we get back there eventually.

Many of the elite schools have a pipeline. 2-3 blue chippers out, 2-3 blue chippers in, almost every year.

We aren't that. Losing one hurts.

Hopefully, we get back there eventually.
Many of the next tier schools don’t. And they lose good players to the pros. That’s not a bad thing, that’s a good thing. You want pro caliber guys coming out of the school as often as possible.

If things heat up with portal PGs that to me would be the most definitive sign that Mintz has told staff he's gone.
i feel like the portal should open after the NBA draft process...creates a very uneven playing field for teams looking to rebuild next season and fill holes...having to wait on players while teams that just have open slots no matter what puts a team in ahole.

If Judah is at any other power 5 school, he stays. We’re the only ones that have 2nd rders leave early.
Well that’s not true,

Tenesee - Kennedy chandler
Nebraska - Bryce McGowens
Duke - Trevor Keels
Baylor - Kendall brown
USC - Isiah Mobley
Alabama - JD Davison

That was just last year

Look, if Red and the staff think he is leaving, and he might, they will hit the portal starting right away. I am confidant they won't wait. But let's not get our exercise by jumping to conclusions.
Jake did mention that Syracuse could be in play for the 5 star PG portaling from Bama. Maybe Red knows and is already pursuing? But I agree with you on both counts we should not be jumping to any conclusions and Red is on top of it. Again sitting back and enjoying the offseason, it's lively for the first time in a while for us.

I don’t know anything. But I find it hard to believe he would scrub his IG account of Syracuse if he is going to the league. It would make more sense to scrub your account of your school if you transfer. We will find out what his plan is but not sure there is much to garner here about his NBA status. I don’t have reason to believe he would transfer but that seems more possible based on the evidence.

This was what I was trying to say but when I went to post a pic it’s said the file was too large

No Judah in the top 60.
This draft is deep at G and across the board. Judah is a skilled player who by all accounts is going to have a great opportunity to play professionally. Next year for a myriad of reasons looks to be a better year for him to turn pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom