Judgement day Friday, Feb. 8, 2013 | Syracusefan.com

Judgement day Friday, Feb. 8, 2013

Simple question, Will James Souherland suit up again for cuse?

• YES

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • NO

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
Is James back?

Will we know Friday?

Will the drama continue?

I personally know the Southerland's, hope this works out.

I have a colleague who used to teach at SU and she said there is a computer program that profs use to scan papers and check for anomalies that can indicate cheating. She said they made such a big deal about it that it made her anxious and she decided not to teach there the next year. So, yes, if one paragraph looks odd it is flagged by the program and then the prof needs to talk to the student about it. It is up to the prof to decide if the computer was right.

I don't think any of us are sure what the meeting on Friday is about. Is it an appeal of a verdict already rendered? Was he given a chance to make something right, and now he will be told if it was right enough? Oy!

8azyneva.jpg

Seems like he very likely cheated. Why does everyone want him back so badly? I sorta don't mind justice being served here if he did cheat. And how likely is it that this is all a huge mistake? (Not very people).

over/under on how long this thread remains in existence?

Seems like he very likely cheated. Why does everyone want him back so badly? I sorta don't mind justice being served here if he did cheat. And how likely is it that this is all a huge mistake? (Not very people).

uhhh cuz we wanna win the national championship?

yep, I'm sure you know all the facts :rolleyes:

I have a colleague who used to teach at SU and she said there is a computer program that profs use to scan papers and check for anomalies that can indicate cheating. She said they made such a big deal about it that it made her anxious and she decided not to teach there the next year. So, yes, if one paragraph looks odd it is flagged by the program and then the prof needs to talk to the student about it. It is up to the prof to decide if the computer was right.

I don't think any of us are sure what the meeting on Friday is about. Is it an appeal of a verdict already rendered? Was he given a chance to make something right, and now he will be told if it was right enough? Oy!

My wife uses that program, or one like it, where she teaches. It does done form of pattern recognition.

From her and her colleagues I hear caught cheating stories all the time. I'm surprised the ones at SU drag out like they do. Seems one could get to the bottom of it in a week or so.

My wife uses that program, or one like it, where she teaches. It does done form of pattern recognition.

From her and her colleagues I hear caught cheating stories all the time. I'm surprised the ones at SU drag out like they do. Seems one could get to the bottom of it in a week or so.
Damn i am grateful they didnt have this high tech stuff when i was in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other people do it, therefore it's OK! Genius!

lets say melo cheated. you would have preferred him get suspended for the season as opposed to leading us to a championship?

lets say melo cheated. you would have preferred him get suspended for the season as opposed to leading us to a championship?

Yea. if melo was guilty of plagiarizing i'd prefer to see justice served. I actually think that's a reasonable outlook to have on life. College classes are graded on a curve and therefore cheating adversely affects the other students that are doing it the right way. I don't think my view is really that insane or outlandish actually.

Serious question, how old are you?

Southerland is getting a raw deal here. bottom line. poor kid is just the sacrificial lamb and it's BS

Can you explain why he's getting a raw deal? Just curious caus I'm not sure..

Yea. if melo was guilty of plagiarizing i'd prefer to see justice served. I actually think that's a reasonable outlook to have on life. College classes are graded on a curve and therefore cheating adversely affects the other students that are doing it the right way. I don't think my view is really that insane or outlandish actually.

Serious question, how old are you?

I'm 33 and I could give a flying fu*k if melo cheated or not, same with james. I cheated a couple times in school, whoopdy damn doo!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

lol. for the record, im not a huge duke fan, but i did go to duke. And I like to see cheaters get punished. I MUST NOT BE A "TRUE" FAN!! But to each his own I guess.

lol. for the record, im not a huge duke fan, but i did go to duke. And I like to see cheaters get punished. I MUST NOT BE A "TRUE" FAN!! But to each his own I guess.

I would still like to hear how James cheated aside from your accusations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom