Just announced: rutgers is free | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just announced: rutgers is free

Here's the email (they have a provision for you and me Nails)

IMPORTANT:
As a thank you to our current student season ticket holders, we are offering you a free general admission ticket to one of the following basketball games in November--choose from Fordham, Manhattan, Colgate or Eastern Michigan. If you are a dual season ticketholder (football and basketball), you will then receive two tickets for the selected basketball game. Please contact the Carrier Dome Box Office for your ticket(s) after November 1, 2011. *Remember, if you are a season ticket holder, doors open at 10:00 am and all others will be admitted at 10:30 am.
I'd rather have a beer on HCDM haha

Family weekend is for WVU (for some reason). I guess they want to kill that atmosphere.

That's something that needs to change. Just because your parents are there doesn't mean you have to sit with them. The student section is what it is. Keep the parent/student time to stocking up on french bread pizzas at Wegman's.

That's something that needs to change. Just because your parents are there doesn't mean you have to sit with them. The student section is what it is. Keep the parent/student time to stocking up on french bread pizzas at Wegman's.
Then again, I told my pops we were doing a college pre-game and to eat a big lunch before they arrived. It could get ugly.

IMPORTANT:
As a thank you to our current student season ticket holders, we are offering you a free general admission ticket to one of the following basketball games in November--choose from Fordham, Manhattan, Colgate or Eastern Michigan. If you are a dual season ticketholder (football and basketball), you will then receive two tickets for the selected basketball game. Please contact the Carrier Dome Box Office for your ticket(s) after November 1, 2011. *Remember, if you are a season ticket holder, doors open at 10:00 am and all others will be admitted at 10:30 am.

That's actually a really cool deal.

This is the Syracuse University Football Team. These kids (parents) pay $35,000 plus a year to go here and some people are bitching they get to go to a game free?

Nah, it's a totally fair gripe for students to have. Definitely should given them something for being committed.

Hookers and blow is a good start.

If I could like this post more than once it would be done. Also, there would be a boom in the fake student ID market for said weekend.

Dear SU Students,

I appreciate your enthusiasm at the Dome this year, especially during the Wake Forest game. The atmosphere has been electric! As we prepare for our conference opener with Rutgers this Saturday, I need your help. Your spirit and enthusiasm carry over onto the field - you truly inspire our players. They need your support this weekend as we begin our quest for a BIG EAST Championship.

With that in mind, I am extending you an invitation to attend the Rutgers game free of charge. All you need to do is present your SUID at Gate E. Let Rutgers know why the Carrier Dome is known as the "LOUD HOUSE!!!"

The game will be televised as the BIG EAST Game of the Week. Let the rest of the conference know what is in store for them when they travel to Syracuse, N.Y. Wear your orange. Cheer loud. I will see you Saturday!

Go Orange!

Doug Marrone

IMPORTANT:

The cool part of this is that Coach Marrone very realistically wrote that himself. Not sure he would have it done any other way.

There's a thin line between building a fan base and devaluing a product so much that it becomes impossible to sell in the future. This could be a precursor to student tickets being free in the future, but it disadvantages those who paid.

Very well said. I know its a bit different, but I run a bocce ball league in Syracuse that used to be free to join and have all you can eat and drink for $5. What I found is that when I upped the dues to $20 (still all you can eat and drink for $5, I never want to give that up), we actually got more people interested because people looked at it as something of value. Weird and unintuitive, but true.

I know things are a lot different with major D1 college football than they are in the humble league I run, but, I know for sure that when the goal is to get people to come week after week you have to build value or increase the value of the product.

If SU's goal is to increase attendance for the Rutgers game, I'm sure this move will work well. If their goal is to increase attendance long term it seems to me that charging something, even if its modest, would be a smart move, because you never want to devalue SU tickets to the point where SU students think of them as worthless. If you do you build the attitude of "I can always go next week, because the tickets are free anyway."

Dear SU Students,

I appreciate your enthusiasm at the Dome this year, especially during the Wake Forest game. The atmosphere has been electric! As we prepare for our conference opener with Rutgers this Saturday, I need your help. Your spirit and enthusiasm carry over onto the field - you truly inspire our players. They need your support this weekend as we begin our quest for a BIG EAST Championship.

With that in mind, I am extending you an invitation to attend the Rutgers game free of charge. All you need to do is present your SUID at Gate E. Let Rutgers know why the Carrier Dome is known as the "LOUD HOUSE!!!"

The game will be televised as the BIG EAST Game of the Week. Let the rest of the conference know what is in store for them when they travel to Syracuse, N.Y. Wear your orange. Cheer loud. I will see you Saturday!

Go Orange!

Doug Marrone

IMPORTANT:

Great move by SU. Hope this brings out the students because this really is an important game.

Family weekend is for WVU (for some reason). I guess they want to kill that atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to WVU on Family Weekend. Much prefer to see a big game than a game we are very likely to win (Snookies). Besides, I wasn't at all impressed with WVU. Eminently beatable.

Can I have my money back, then? That's the real problem with moves like these. So students got free tickets for Wake and Rutgers...while I paid the full season rate.
its for the best brother.grin and bear it my man.

So if you bought tickets to the movies online and met friends at the gate and they got in free but you still paid, you wouldn't have any sort of a gripe?
I really really hate to do this and it is totally out of character for me but...have you ever heard of "the last will be first and the first will be last." ? If not feel free to consult Matthew 20 v. 1-16 for reference. (Oh yes, I went there!:D)

FYI - I think all college students should get into all home sporting events free. I did and games were events not to be missed.

I'm looking forward to WVU on Family Weekend. Much prefer to see a big game than a game we are very likely to win (Snookies). Besides, I wasn't at all impressed with WVU. Eminently beatable.

The problem is during family weekend, the student section doesn't exist. Students are spread out all over the Dome, even if their parents aren't coming.

(knocking on wood) :bat:
Dont mention wood around Rutgers, they have this thing where they take an axe to a stump to really get riled up.

They also take an axe to the stump in the locker room, as well.

The problem is during family weekend, the student section doesn't exist. Students are spread out all over the Dome, even if their parents aren't coming.

Can some of the students for Rutgers be put up in the barren upper corners of the dome? Man I really hope this works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom