Just announced: rutgers is free | Syracusefan.com

Just announced: rutgers is free

EXCELLENT MOVE BY THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT! Now all they have to do is offer free Redbull & Vodka's the student section and maybe (hopefully) they'll show up.

Can I have my money back, then? That's the real problem with moves like these. So students got free tickets for Wake and Rutgers...while I paid the full season rate.

We need to have the most hammered student section in the country.

Can I have my money back, then? That's the real problem with moves like these. So students got free tickets for Wake and Rutgers...while I paid the full season rate.

Suck it up. This is a good move to support the team and build a fanbase.

There's a thin line between building a fan base and devaluing a product so much that it becomes impossible to sell in the future. This could be a precursor to student tickets being free in the future, but it disadvantages those who paid.

Seriously. You paid $ for the tickets because the price paid was worth it for you to see and support your team. The price (or lack thereof) that others pay to see the team shouldn't bother you. I agree this is a smart move and an investment in the future of the program.

Students who paid should probably get a voucher for concessions. Easy to track who they are by student ID. Or just refund them, and blow the whole thing up to a free program for this year.

If it makes you feel better, by paying, and going, you are doing more for the program than those who are being let in free. I'm sure it doesn't, but just sayin...

Seriously. You paid $ for the tickets because the price paid was worth it for you to see and support your team. The price (or lack thereof) that others pay to see the team shouldn't bother you. I agree this is a smart move and an investment in the future of the program.
So if you bought tickets to the movies online and met friends at the gate and they got in free but you still paid, you wouldn't have any sort of a gripe?

Students who paid should probably get a voucher for concessions. Easy to track who they are by student ID. Or just refund them, and blow the whole thing up to a free program for this year.

If it makes you feel better, by paying, and going, you are doing more for the program than those who are being let in free. I'm sure it doesn't, but just sayin...

Free beer.

Sounds like someone hasn't taken ECON 101

It's called supply and demand. Prices change on products. If you buy a shirt at full price and next week it goes on sale do you demand your money back?

Nah, it's a totally fair gripe for students to have. Definitely should given them something for being committed.

Hookers and blow is a good start.

Nah, it's a totally fair gripe for students to have. Definitely should given them something for being committed.

Hookers and blow is a good start.

Just another reason the dance team needs to be sponsored by Dream Girls.

Sounds like someone hasn't taken ECON 101

It's called supply and demand. Prices change on products. If you buy a shirt at full price and next week it goes on sale do you demand your money back?

True, of course. But this goes beyond mere economics. We can't say that SU needs to aggressively court students while saying that pissing off the one's who are already the most avid is a good thing.

I'm not a good example, because I obviously would have bought tickets anyway. Hell, I've followed this team to Akron, OH and Morgantown, WV. But for the casual student fan, why would they buy season tickets when they know going into the year the school will end up giving them free seats to at least one or two games.

If Nails is a student, I can kind of see his point. By supporting his school and buying his season's, he not only paid for his tix, but (in a way) for those of other students when he could've just gotten them for free. Would he be more likely to renew next season or wait and see if more freebies will be offered? Still, I agree that he should just suck it up for the good of the team and to promote a better atmosphere this week and hopefully in the future.

Note that I haven't seen anything officially announced on this other than the original post. They may be doing something extra for students that already have purchased tickets. I'd suggest being able to exchange themfor an armload of doam foams.

I'm not a good example, because I obviously would have bought tickets anyway. Hell, I've followed this team to Akron, OH and Morgantown, WV. But for the casual student fan, why would they buy season tickets when they know going into the year the school will end up giving them free seats to at least one or two games.

You are the man for traveling like that. The more students there may increase your entertainment value above the price you originally paid

Profs should offer participation grade points for attending football games. They could send their TAs to the games with sign-in sheets. Students can only sign their own name and not until the game's over.

Here's the email (they have a provision for you and me Nails)

Dear SU Students,

I appreciate your enthusiasm at the Dome this year, especially during the Wake Forest game. The atmosphere has been electric! As we prepare for our conference opener with Rutgers this Saturday, I need your help. Your spirit and enthusiasm carry over onto the field - you truly inspire our players. They need your support this weekend as we begin our quest for a BIG EAST Championship.

With that in mind, I am extending you an invitation to attend the Rutgers game free of charge. All you need to do is present your SUID at Gate E. Let Rutgers know why the Carrier Dome is known as the "LOUD HOUSE!!!"

The game will be televised as the BIG EAST Game of the Week. Let the rest of the conference know what is in store for them when they travel to Syracuse, N.Y. Wear your orange. Cheer loud. I will see you Saturday!

Go Orange!

Doug Marrone

IMPORTANT:
As a thank you to our current student season ticket holders, we are offering you a free general admission ticket to one of the following basketball games in November--choose from Fordham, Manhattan, Colgate or Eastern Michigan. If you are a dual season ticketholder (football and basketball), you will then receive two tickets for the selected basketball game. Please contact the Carrier Dome Box Office for your ticket(s) after November 1, 2011. *Remember, if you are a season ticket holder, doors open at 10:00 am and all others will be admitted at 10:30 am.

Isn't RU family weekend? So no student section and students get assigned seats vs first come first serve? If so then your seat location will be a lot better then the free students so it was worth your money? If not then they should allow students who bought tickets in first so they can choose their seats before the freebies. That adds value as well.

Rumor has it that the Athletic Department is considering adding a $99 fee to all of the students activity accounts and they can attend a football game by showing their student id. I think it's a great idea !!

Isn't RU family weekend? So no student section and students get assigned seats vs first come first serve? If so then your seat location will be a lot better then the free students so it was worth your money? If not then they should allow students who bought tickets in first so they can choose their seats before the freebies. That adds value as well.
Family weekend is for WVU (for some reason). I guess they want to kill that atmosphere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom