Just some thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts

ethoo18

Walk On
- Tyus isn’t our best player. He’s was a no show tonight, complains to the refs, his shot mechanics are beyond messed up. Best players show up in the biggest games and he didn’t. In my eyes OB is the best player on this team.

- For a senior, Frank lacks in-game awareness. (Jalen really should have been out there at the end to push the pace) he cannot get past anyone and bricks 75% of the shots he takes. That bonehead pass Frank made that led to a turnover was the turning point in the game. It baffles me how Frank turned around and complained to the refs instead of chasing the guy down. Really shows what type of player he is, and that’s a moment I won’t forget when it comes to Frank.

- It blows my mind that Chukwu cannot rebound the ball. Bolden out rebounded him and that was the deciding factor of the game. Chukwu shows an inability to jump as seen when he couldn’t tip that alley oop in the first half.

- We couldn’t hit shots in the second half and that’s fine. But the fact they gave us so many chances to crawl back, and we did nothing really frustrates me.

Tyus can also be a bit of a ball hog at times which frustrates me too.

- Tyus isn’t our best player. He’s was a no show tonight, complains to the refs, his shot mechanics are beyond messed up. Best players show up in the biggest games and he didn’t. In my eyes OB is the best player on this team.

- For a senior, Frank lacks in-game awareness. (Jalen really should have been out there at the end to push the pace) he cannot get past anyone and bricks 75% of the shots he takes. That bonehead pass Frank made that led to a turnover was the turning point in the game. It baffles me how Frank turned around and complained to the refs instead of chasing the guy down. Really shows what type of player he is, and that’s a moment I won’t forget when it comes to Frank.

- It blows my mind that Chukwu cannot rebound the ball. Bolden out rebounded him and that was the deciding factor of the game. Chukwu shows an inability to jump as seen when he couldn’t tip that alley oop in the first half.

- We couldn’t hit shots in the second half and that’s fine. But the fact they gave us so many chances to crawl back, and we did nothing really frustrates me.
The same Tyus Battle that has won so many games for this team and that Duke clearly was focused on heavily?!? The same guy who destroyed Duke at Duke? Yes he struggled shooting this game but if we make FTs at a decent rate this game goes down to the wire.

Tyus IS our best player.

Anybody’s that starts a post saying he is not exposes himself as not knowing much.
I actually have watched every game this season from start to finish. He isn’t our best player. Sorry.

- Tyus IS our best player and its not super close. He struggled tonight and we can't win without him playing well--that's why he's our best player.

- Agreed on Frank.

- Really tall skinny dudes often struggle to rebound. It's not always his fault, he struggles to block out.

- Not hitting shots was the reason we lost. JB always says it and it's true. It's hard to win when you don't make shots.

Second on the team in assists though...
I’m telling you what I see out there, and everyone around me agrees too. He hogs the ball for too long on certain possessions. I don’t value stats all that much.

I’m telling you what I see out there, and everyone around me agrees too. He hogs the ball for too long on certain possessions. I don’t value stats all that much.
Or winning apparently.

I really appreciate Brisset, but he's shooting 39% from the floor and 27% from 3. He's not there yet.
Tyus is 29% from 3 and he’s a shooting guard. That’s rough.

once they announce on the speaker please put your seats in crash position it's all tyus mano a mano.

Tyus IS our most skilled player.

Anybody’s that starts a post saying he is not exposes himself as not knowing much.

There, FIFY.

There have been a number of games when he was less than our best player. Tonight was one of them. Anyone who can't see that displays wilful blindness or just doesn't know sht about hoops.

Here’s a thought: whatever the announced attendance was? That was tickets sold, not butts in seats. Ticket brokers clearly couldn’t dump enough of their seats

Yeah, that’s just your opinions though.

Not sure how you can say “the best players shoe up in the biggest games” in one sentence, and then claim a guy who was 3-13 for 7 points tonight is out best player in another.

You know Battle had 32 at Cameron right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom