Just wow... | Syracusefan.com

Just wow...

Cover-ups upon cover-ups upon cover-ups.

This is just sick:

Some of those who talked to Shubin are afraid of retribution from Penn State-crazed fans, or being blamed — like one victim — for the downfall of Joe Paterno.
Mike Gillum, the psychologist working with the Clinton County boy who first came forward to authorities in 2008 and whose statement led to the grand jury investigation, said Wednesday that the teen boy is having trouble in school because he is being bullied.
Coming forward has led to threats and verbal abuse, Gillum said.
“In some cases we’re finding that they are hiding in a fairly remote area, they are afraid of being discovered,” Shubin said about the people he talked to Wednesday.
Others have already come forward and say they were dissuaded from being honest, he said.
“In some cases they have disclosed something in careful ways to people in positions of authority and they were not believed,” Andronici said. “They were, in some cases, scolded and silenced.”

Oh, and yet another thing that bees forecasted - the implication that this behavior started as far back as the 70s.

Seriously, Bees needs to make a trip down to Quantico for an interview...

Cover-ups upon cover-ups upon cover-ups.

This is just sick:

Some of those who talked to Shubin are afraid of retribution from Penn State-crazed fans, or being blamed — like one victim — for the downfall of Joe Paterno.
Mike Gillum, the psychologist working with the Clinton County boy who first came forward to authorities in 2008 and whose statement led to the grand jury investigation, said Wednesday that the teen boy is having trouble in school because he is being bullied.
Coming forward has led to threats and verbal abuse, Gillum said.
“In some cases we’re finding that they are hiding in a fairly remote area, they are afraid of being discovered,” Shubin said about the people he talked to Wednesday.
Others have already come forward and say they were dissuaded from being honest, he said.
“In some cases they have disclosed something in careful ways to people in positions of authority and they were not believed,” Andronici said. “They were, in some cases, scolded and silenced.”

That is why the Feds need to be involved. I really think we will see nothing happen. You cannot ask PA to police themselves when they are all guilty.

That is why the Feds need to be involved. I really think we will see nothing happen. You cannot ask PA to police themselves when they are all guilty.

You're absolutely right. I can actually see nothing happening and then the media simply accepting that there was an investigation and the narrative changing that PSU is guilt free.

One good thing is the civil suits. Presumably PSU will have to release documents during discovery that they don't have to release to the press under the commonwealth's insane exceptions to its FOI statute

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

You're absolutely right. I can actually see nothing happening and then the media simply accepting that there was an investigation and the narrative changing that PSU is guilt free.

One good thing is the civil suits. Presumably PSU will have to release documents during discovery that they don't have to release to the press under the commonwealth's insane exceptions to its FOI statute

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

They will settle out of court. Sadly this will go nowhere. Hopefully PSU is protecting more than one sicko, which may have already been proven to be true.

I hope they revoke his bail so he can't continue to harm anyone, directly or indirectly. He has no business being in public at this point.

I hope those dbag student protestors are happy.

Come to think of it they probably don't care. They're much more concerned with this weekend's football game against OSU than the psychological well-being of our society.

I hope those dbag student protestors are happy.

Come to think of it they probably don't care. They're much more concerned with this weekend's football game against OSU than the psychological well-being of our society.

They probably actually are happy. They'd rather this all go away than any form of justice being served.

The only way I'd be ok with keeping this at the State level, is if another State handles the investigation. I'm sure there are several honest investigators in PA who would do the right thing here, but how could you ever know or trust who that would be?

The only way I'd be ok with keeping this at the State level, is if another State handles the investigation. I'm sure there are several honest investigators in PA who would do the right thing here, but how could you ever know or trust who that would be?

I'm sure Ohio would love to help...

Even if you get an honest investigator, he/she is going to run into resistance at some point, because it's readily apparent that much of the local law enforcement is in bed with PSU. FBI would probably have the weight to break through (at least) some of this resistance.

The university has to lead the way on breaking down the walls or risk never regaining credibility in my lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom