Class of 2014 - Justin Noye | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Justin Noye

Justin is visiting SU today for the practice.

The Southern tier has been loaded with top quality players for decades.It was mostly tapped by Penn State far more than Syracuse.For many of those decades i've had deep connections to the area.I was born in Binghamton and know the people very well.Binghamton was economically depressed much sooner than Syracuse was hit by the loss of industry. There was a feeling of jealousy by the those of Syracuse's prosperity and growth.The university wasn't a strong recruiter down there and that hurt them a great deal when they did go after a prospect.

A little probably still exists but not nearly as muchI would think Rte 81 helped a great deal in connecting the areas.Going up to Syracuse for a day of shopping is no longer a major excursion.The old rte 11 was hardly a quick trip. I've been on that road as much as Rod Serling when he was writing his show and used the small towns in the "Twilight Zone"As a young man my father knew Serling as they both worked in close by grocery stores.They were about the same age and became friends. Not best friends but they would hang a bit after their shifts. My father had aspirations of engineering due to his proficiency in math. Serling of course had other ideas so they drifted a partSchools andthe war pretty much did that friendship in. Yeah I know way off the point. Just a memory rant Sorry.:bat:

How ing long has it been since you were in Binghamton? No one ing goes to Syracuse to shop anymore, Vestal is a ing retail magnate now.

Pitt has been successful with kids from Rochester too.

A couple more Roch alums to add to the SU list...TE great Pat Kelly (before RW) and current punter Jonathan Fisher. Then there are the Rochester kids we have lost. In addition to those mentioned we can through in Jarron Jones @ ND. I don't even know if he played as a true frosh this year but expectations are high.

Another thing to remember is kids from upstate NY have the opportunity to draw more family and friends to games. They have the opportunity to become media darlings. SU will always have the attention of the Rochester media but a kid from Rochester on the field at SU will attract even more attention from the Rochester media. That same kid playing at Rutgers or Pitt will still get mentions but not at the same level.
Totally agree about locals would help attendence!! After all its cheaper to drive 2/3 hours instead of 12 hours!!

How long has it been since you were in Binghamton? No one goes to Syracuse to shop anymore, Vestal is a retail magnate now.
Yeah, I heard they got a J.C. Penny recently . . .

I would really like to land Noye. Sounds as if he doesn't have an offer yet.

Desmond Conner from Hartford Courant reporting Justin to UConn.

Desmond Conner from Hartford Courant reporting Justin to UConn.

That is great news for Noye. He didn't jump on the RU offer early and was put on hold there. Glad he landed on his feet and will get a chance to play D1 football.

I hope he works well there.

Based on a twitter exchange between Noye and Broyld, he was ready to commit to SU and very frustrated by the lack of an offer. Broyld told him to be patient. I hope UConn works out for him.

McAllister said UConn is the only school who offered on offense. Good luck to him.
Rutgers, Pitt, and Cuse wanted him on defense. Uconn and the others wanted him on offense

Noye would probably have to play LB here, and we already have a few in the fold and a couple higher on the board.

I think we could end up offering him eventually down the line if we whiff on a couple other kids before. I honestly think he'd switch his commitment too as long as we don't burn the bridge too much.

Staff wasn't thrilled with him in camp, didn't expect him to get an offer.

Guess UConn now "controls" Rochester recruiting too...

well, uconn does have the better staff. plus they will have much better chances to go to bowl games in the future

wow, didn't see that coming. Money, any info?
Whitey, Cuse didnt want him. He wanted to play on offense anyways. Uconn want to use him in the slot and as a wildcat QB. Thats all he needed to hear. Pasqualoni got a good one. He is more explosive then people think.

Whitey, Cuse didnt want him. He wanted to play on offense anyways. Uconn want to use him in the slot and as a wildcat QB. Thats all he needed to hear. Pasqualoni got a good one. He is more explosive then people think.
Thanks I pieced that all together now. Good luck to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom