Women's Lacrosse - K-Train | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse K-Train

We're not going to agree and I accept that. But I will pose a question to you. If a coach can't be faithful to his or her most important personal commitment--the marriage vow-- how much faith should I have in the commitments the coach makes to me or my child on a recruiting trip?
You shouldn’t. Don’t think ya should faithfully trust anything or anyone blindly. Specially in sports or recruiting. As they want something from your child( their skill ) to help them (coach) win games and look good. Now i’m not saying never trust. Saying think should always take things told or that are just words with grain of salt. Words are words. Actions speak louder. What coach does in their own time away from my kid is all them, can’t break law or anything n there is certain line. Don’t think coach in personal life can be stripper or anything along those lines. But sadly everyone else looks out for what’s best for them and think people should also just as parents should look what’s best for their child. Don’t mean can’t hate or be creep out that coach was unfaithful to their partner. But doesn’t affect you or your child directly. Can disagree with actions of coach done on their own time. Don’t have to like it but ultimately isn’t ur concern or control as long as when coaching or ur child is there they are doing exactly what get paid to.

It’s been seen to many times coaches players movie stars just celebrities in general are looked at as role models. I don’t understand why. Cause they’re on tv , make loads of money, Very talented? Why. When outside in their personal lives most are POS. Person doesn’t have to be good person to actually be a great coach or teacher or whatever. So why do we look at them that way just cause they are good or tops in whatever area. Not saying ya have to agree with me this is merica. Allowed to believe whatever ya want. As said i condone kayla of what she did if true. I’ll look at her diff, but as a person not as coach. Being a bad partner or cheater doesn’t make her a bad or good coach. Makes her a terrible wife.

I couldn't disagree more. When parents entrust their kids to a college coach, they expect the coach to be a role model as well as a developer of athletic talent. Parents have a right to expect that their kids will be developed in character as well as shooting and passing skills. If a coach defaults on a marital vow and shows preference to certain staff because of romantic attachments, then, as a parent I want nothing to do with that coach. I truly hope that the rumors are unfounded; I have always been a huge Kayla Treanor fan. I adored her as a player and I was ecstatic when she was chosen to replace Coach Gait. But if the rumors turn out to be true--for the sake of the program, the current players, and the incoming recruits--she will have to go.
Totally agree with this, if true. Think of the things we thought about Bobby Petrino.

It’s been seen to many times coaches players movie stars just celebrities in general are looked at as role models. I don’t understand why. Cause they’re on tv , make loads of money, Very talented? Why. When outside in their personal lives most are POS. Person doesn’t have to be good person to actually be a great coach or teacher or whatever. So why do we look at them that way just cause they are good or tops in whatever area. Not saying ya have to agree with me this is merica. Allowed to believe whatever ya want. As said i condone kayla of what she did if true. I’ll look at her diff, but as a person not as coach. Being a bad partner or cheater doesn’t make her a bad or good coach. Makes her a terrible wife.
Read this link. If you don't understand after why this is an issue, then I'm not sure there is any other way to explain it.

Last edited:
Nothing has come out publicly as far as I know. A few social media accounts I've never heard of and some internet message board posters have said stuff. Unless a reputable source comes out with something, there's really nothing to deny. If you have to come out and deny every rumor that pops up on a message board (no matter how legit it may look), you'd go crazy.
the reason random accounts are tweeting about it is because everyone in the womens and now mens lacrosse world including players and parents have known about this for days... the social media people are the last to know about it, not the first. nobody who matters (like the cuse players) is finding out about it from the internet... inside lacrosse is not going to touch this with a 10 foot pole and there is no one else to publicly report the facts unless an actually reputable bigger outlet decides to cover lacrosse for the first time ever..

the reason random accounts are tweeting about it is because everyone in the womens and now mens lacrosse world including players and parents have known about this for days... the social media people are the last to know about it, not the first. nobody who matters (like the cuse players) is finding out about it from the internet... inside lacrosse is not going to touch this with a 10 foot pole and there is no one else to publicly report the facts unless an actually reputable bigger outlet decides to cover lacrosse for the first time ever..
That sounds like the rumors are true- unfortunate for everyone concerned for a number of varied reasons- and leads to the question about how the SU administration should respond. Is this a violation of same stated employment policy and does this make Kayla less effective as a coach and recruiter?

It’s not abnormal for this type of thing to lead to firings.

Being a subordinate makes it worse.

It’s not abnormal for this type of thing to lead to firings.

Being a subordinate makes it worse.
Yup. And if this was a male coach with a subordinate, i doubt there’d be much debate. I think the rumors don’t help on the recruiting trail and at some point they will need to address things.

I don’t know if there is coercion being alleged but if not, old established rich and powerful coaches screwing their admin assistants is a substantially different power dynamic than what’s being rumored here.

Last edited:
I would agree IL won’t touch this but there are members of the local media who will very much pursue this story. Blood is in the water the sharks are gonna eat

I would agree IL won’t touch this but there are members of the local media who will very much pursue this story. Blood is in the water the sharks are gonna eat
Who's the last coach our local media took down? If a national outlet doesn't follow up it won't be noticed. A sport nobody cares about involving a very delicate issue.

The sub standard absolutely loves to crucify SU coaches granted most got national traction but it usually starts right at home.

The sub standard absolutely loves to crucify SU coaches granted most got national traction but it usually starts right at home.
And the athletic took down hillsman only after the DO did most of the heavy lifting. This is traditionally the type of story where the DO can get access and sources from players if folks want to leak.

what coaches did the post standard crucify?

What coaches haven’t they Simmons and Desko definitely caught their wrath Boeheim Fine Hillsman do I need to document every story as well Pretty sure the post standard is part of the reason a NCAA trophy is missing

What coaches haven’t they Simmons and Desko definitely caught their wrath Boeheim Fine Hillsman do I need to document every story as well Pretty sure the post standard is part of the reason a NCAA trophy is missing
I know they saved TGD from some excess negative reporting.

And the athletic took down hillsman only after the DO did most of the heavy lifting. This is traditionally the type of story where the DO can get access and sources from players if folks want to leak.
The only entity whom took someone down here appears to be KT herself. Time to move on folks. Only 1 person to blame here. Don't need this around the program.

All complete B.S. What did they do to Simmons and Desko? The guys coached forever. The P.S. had the Fine tape for years. They never ran it. That was espn. Hillsman? Wasn't that the D.O.? And not for nothing, wasn't that all true? Why did all of the woman transfer out? That isn't news? You don't have any idea what you are talking about. You also don't know what a newspapers job is.

All complete B.S. What did they do to Simmons and Desko? The guys coached forever. The P.S. had the Fine tape for years. They never ran it. That was espn. Hillsman? Wasn't that the D.O.? And not for nothing, wasn't that all true? Why did all of the woman transfer out? That isn't news? You don't have any idea what you are talking about. You also don't know what a newspapers job is.
I know exactly what the Post Srandard is for lining liter boxes. It was most definitely the post standard who got the entire car loan story from an ambulance chasing investigative reporter who happend to run across Nancy Simmons name on Paul Gait’s wife’s car loan and ran the story before there was an investigation sorry not sorry could care less about what you think I know or don’t know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom