Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Francis, would the staff take both Joesph and Whitehead in the 2014 class or is it one or the other? I know everyone is high on Joseph as a PG but Whitehead is an offensive force who can make his own shot, get to the rim like Dion, and is also a very good passer/ball handler. I could see taking both.The center spot is too crowded so I don't think Goodluck will be a priority and I doubt the PT situation is attractive to him.
I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to take both if possible but if Joseph commits first, do you think Whitehead still finds SU attractive with Ennis, Mike G, KJ, along with the others to fight for playing time?

I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to take both if possible but if Joseph commits first, do you think Whitehead still finds SU attractive with Ennis, Mike G, KJ, along with the others to fight for playing time?

Funny thing about 2014. EVERYBODY feels like a luxury at this point. If Grant goes pro we need McCullough, but that is far from a definite at this point. Joseph is nice as a back up point, but hardly a NEED with Ennis, Gbinije, Cooney, and Patterson - all of whom feel like they are staying for a while. At Center we have Coleman, Christmas and Chino, so pretty good there (though I like the idea of bringing in a new center just about every year because they take a while to develop and you never know when one wont work out).

Hopefully SU can land a few blue chips to be icing on that cake (even though it will probably lead to a transfer or two), but I can see why any high school player would want to pass on all that competition.

I'm not sure elite highly ranked kids think too much about who else is there. They just expect to win the spot. Whitehead is considered a higher level talent than all except Ennis. But who knows.

I'm not sure elite highly ranked kids think too much about who else is there. They just expect to win the spot. Whitehead is considered a higher level talent than all except Ennis. But who knows.
Whitehead strikes me as a competitive kid who wouldn't be scared of competition. Only question I have is that does he love SU that much to join a crowded field? When other schools could offer an easier path.

Whitehead strikes me as a competitive kid who wouldn't be scared of competition. Only question I have is that does he love SU that much to join a crowded field? When other schools could offer an easier path.

I read somewhere that Whitehead really wants to play with McCullough and they are pretty tight. Also think that it won't be so crowded because Gbinije can easily slide over to play small forward. Just because he is most likely playing the 2 at this point doesn't mean he's locked in there. And although it sucks to Cooney and patterson, you can have Ennis, Joseph, Whitehead all split time between the PG and SG spot for a year or two until they go pro, kind of what we did with Scoop, Triche, and Dion

francis, reading the twitter tea leaves is always difficult, but im not confident on whitehead. he never tweets anything about syracuse and chris m is constantly egging him on but was making comments awhile back about calipari coming to his games etc. i have a gut feeling he ends up at uk but hope otherwise as i think hes a future nba'er.

francis, reading the twitter tea leaves is always difficult, but im not confident on whitehead. he never tweets anything about syracuse and chris m is constantly egging him on but was making comments awhile back about calipari coming to his games etc. i have a gut feeling he ends up at uk but hope otherwise as i think hes a future nba'er.
Whitehead is likely down on UK's list. He has to wait out Rashad Vaughn and maybe others.

Chris M is 1 and done..no question

Disagree. If he shows to have the breakdown one on one dribble it would help though. Otherwise he needs a go to move in the halfcourt first or he might not be much better offenisvely then freshmen CJ or could be looked at as a potential late pick like Donte. With his body frame the thought of turning him into a possible three in the nba will depend on his jumpshot, and to be drafted as a NBA 4 he has to fill out defensively some.

Hes got another year of highschool first though.

That dude iis going to UNC
Vaughn is going to UNC? I wouldn't be shocked, but UK has a way of getting the players they want, and he is a high priority. I am sure Cal will have at least one more $ale$ pitch. If he doesn't take it, more power to him.

Whitehead is likely down on UK's list. He has to wait out Rashad Vaughn and maybe others.
Fog hits it on the $. Whitehead wants that UK offer but he's currently a backup option for them. UK is going to go all out on Vaughn now, which is why UNC turned up the heat for Pinson over the last month and stole him from IU.

Fog hits it on the $. Whitehead wants that UK offer but he's currently a backup option for them. UK is going to go all out on Vaughn now, which is why UNC turned up the heat for Pinson over the last month and stole him from IU.
Now that is some good info, thanks Francis.

thanks, great info.

Vaughn is going to UNC? I wouldn't be shocked, but UK has a way of getting the players they want, and he is a high priority. I am sure Cal will have at least one more $ale$ pitch. If he doesn't take it, more power to him.
certainly wouldn't doubt that. He was on the verge of committing to UNC recently. WWWes probably called and said we'll double it.

Great news!
I'm going to feel a lot more relaxed if we can get Kjo to commit by the end of the summer. It seems like fewer and fewer kids commit early on in the process. I would think the focus of the staff would pivot towards lining up a PG since Ennis may not be around any more than 2 yrs/ 3 at the most and the way things have gone 1 year wouldn't be all that shocking.

We
Shot in the dark, but I think he was saying we should have good news soon.;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Need it now, man! (I can actually wait.) This board has made Joseph priority #1 over the past few months.

To have McCullough and Joseph locked up over the summer and get one or maybe two more in the fall would be HUGE.

From what I'm hearing, we should have good news on this front soon...
All ova ya face.jpg

I dunno what's funnier Bosh or Wade's reaction in the back but anyway KJ lets make it happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom