Keita Out | Syracusefan.com

Keita Out

DSellers12

Walk On
Looks like Keita out for the rest of the game with a sprained knee.

I think we will be fine with a smaller lineup if need be, but just to throw it out there...if BMK is out for an extended period with this injury...what would it take to unleash the Obokoh?

Im aware it's not gonna happen, but just speculating if the injury is more serious than it seems right now. I assume we will just play Silent G at the 3 more often and go with a lineup of G/Roberson, Grant, Fair whenever Rak needs a rest or gets into foul trouble.

Is it officially diagnosed a sprained knee?

If so, he will likely miss some time.

Not good at all...

In his absence, Grant has filled in at the 5 and seeing SilentG on the wing too. Weird goings on.
In other words, I called it. Boom. Nostradamus up in here!

...or it was obvious that's what we would do, either way.

Baye appeared to really be hobbled as he was led down into the tunnel. There was a pretty serious "hitch in his getalong". Baye brings a lot to the table in what he means to this team and having him out or limited by injury will have a significant impact.

If he is out Wednesday vs. Pitt it could be a game changer for sure.

If Keita is out on Wednesday, it could give Roberson even more of a chance to develop which can only help us in March. I do hope Baye is okay, though!

Baye appeared to really be hobbled as he was led down into the tunnel. There was a pretty serious "hitch in his getalong". Baye brings a lot to the table in what he means to this team and having him out or limited by injury will have a significant impact.

If he is out Wednesday vs. Pitt it could be a game changer for sure.

A few days in practice as a guy who is likely to play more hopefully helps roberson prepare. We need his size and rebounding as a 7th man with keita out. Pitt has been in a funk shooting it lately so should be interesting.

we came into the season so deep in the middle. now seems if baye is out or limited we are screwed. could dajuan be back by tourney time ?

we came into the season so deep in the middle. now seems if baye is out or limited we are screwed. could dajuan be back by tourney time ?

DaJuan is done.

alphafive.jpg

Hope Keita can come back soon, but if not...

Well maybe this year we get our 1 injury per season over and done with during the regular season vs. tournament time.

I would rather have Keita healthy for the long haul than worrying about him playing before he's ready short term. If he can't go, Wednesday's game just got a lot tougher.

It is pretty amazing that during this incredible, 5 year run we're on, we've had some great teams that have been undermined for various reasons by the centers on those teams. Here's hoping third time's the charm to avoid that situation recurring.

Last edited:
He looked like he was writhing in pain on the sideline.

Were you at the game, because ESPN never showed a close up of him.

Well maybe this year we get our 1 injury per season over and done with during the regular season vs. tournament time.

Already had it with Coleman, unfortunately.

Can't afford any long term issues with the two remaining centers.

This is our second injury.

Were you at the game, because ESPN never showed a close up of him.

I was at the TV. At the beginning of the second half Keita was sitting in chair on the bench rocking back and forth.

Considering the way he was limping and the fact that it was his knee...I don't expect to see him for the rest of the regular season. Hopefully no more than that.

Considering the way he was limping and the fact that it was his knee...I don't expect to see him for the rest of the regular season. Hopefully no more than that.
I didn't get that impression. But I only saw him going off originally. Did anyone see him leave the floor at the end of the game? No one knows at this point. I hope it's just a week or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom