Kent State to hire Sean Lewis | Syracusefan.com

Kent State to hire Sean Lewis

Congratulations to Sean Lewis. As Dino said, we have some good coaches who will attract attention. I’m a fan of Sean Lewis and hope we can keep him here.

Do we have some internally that would take over play calling or would we hire outside?

That can't be a good sign that they are considering anyone involved with the Kansas football program.

Especially their DC, they were 129th out of 130 FBS teams in points allowed. Then again, their offense was 120th out of 130 in points scored. For Kent State's sake and ours, let them hire Warinner. Lewis isn't just good as OC/QB Coach, he is a really good recruiter. We need him, but this stuff is inevitable.

How much of an impact could this have on our unsigned recruits? Bad timing.

Darn. I really thought we'd at least have to get to a bowl before our coordinators would start getting head coaching feelers. Strange.

Imagine being a University of Kansas football fan.

I live in Kansas so I know plenty of KU fans- although few acknowledge the existence of the football team :)

Per Football Scoop, Lewis isn't the only staff member to interview:

Kent State: Although most relevant update to the search is below, FootballScoop can now publicly confirm Syracuse is one of multiple programs which had more than one assistant interview for the job. Fascinating.

Maybe this will mean a raise for assistant coaches here? What would Kent state pay their head coach?

Hopefully, this will make it easier for Syracuse/Babers to backfill w/ quality assistants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom