Kevon Darton transferring to Arizona | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kevon Darton transferring to Arizona

Guy had serious heart and you can’t teach heart. He will be ultra successful in life I would bet.
I disagree about teaching heart, sometimes it just takes pushing the right buttons to get people to change.

I always kind of roll my eyes at the well wishes people give when guys hit the portal but I think in this case it is well-deserved. The kid played as hard as he could, despite not having all the physical tools. He really left everything he had on the field.

All that being said, I hope we are entering a new era where we can upgrade over guys who only rely on their heart. Plus this poor guy got hurt every game, with his departure the average Syracuse football game time should decrease by five minutes or so.

Last edited:
I always kind of roll my eyes at the well wishes people give when guys hit the portal but I think in this case it is well-deserved. The kid played as hard as he could, despite not having all the physical tools. He really left everything he had on the field.

All that being said, I hope we are entering a new error where we can upgrade over guys who only rely on their heart. Plus this poor guy got hurt every game, with his departure the average Syracuse football game time should decrease by five minutes or so.

Dang, I hope not!

49DC1D69-3DF0-437C-8C5E-73384165AEF9.gif

not even a litttttle bit?

(jk btw I believe him)

Per Dan Reeves, Ted Gregory was 5’9”. From Wikipedia
“Gregory was selected in the first round of the 1988 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos.[1]He listed his height as 6'1".[2] However, a shocked Dan Reeves, who is also listed as 6'1"[3] commented, "I'm taller than he is!" upon meeting Gregory after the draft. By Reeves' estimate, Gregory was closer to 5'9".[4]
Baller move from a true short king imho.

would have loved to see him stick around for another strong year. i really think he was a big reason we made a bowl the last two years. hats off...one of the biggest fan favorites of recent years.

Kevon “Post Malone” Darton will always hold a special place in my Orange fandom. Few players ever maximized their natural size & ability more. How many times did we watch him roll & writhe around in pain on the field looking like a season ender only to return the following series? Pound for pound, one of the toughest this program’s ever seen.

Anyone who plays with the heart and passion he did is going to have a hard time walking away with eligibility left.

Probably a good move to portal as hes not playing every down for us. Good luck to him.