Kool Kid is awful | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Kool Kid is awful

Mcdonald is a work in progress. Lets see how he does next year. If he doesnt improve he will become the Stray Cat

So we've established that GM called effective swing passes in a win and that he wants to run his own plays and recruit his own players?

I think we're fine here. You take 5 yard swing passes all day and it looks like GM's kind of skill players are on their way.

This season, look for steady improvement and hopefully a bowl, right? Seems reasonable.

So we've established that GM called effective swing passes in a win and that he wants to run his own plays and recruit his own players?

I think we're fine here. You take 5 yard swing passes all day and it looks like GM's kind of skill players are on their way.

This season, look for steady improvement and hopefully a bowl, right? Seems reasonable.

I don't think we've established anything. There's no available evidence. Basically 1 offensive TD is an awful low bar. By your logic, Marrone must not have recruited anything on offense. Now we have to again wait until another coach gets his players in place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we've established anything. There's no available evidence. Basically 1 offensive TD is an awful low bar. By your logic, Marrone must not have recruited anything on offense. Now we have to again wait until another coach gets his players in place?

but did marrone leave us with anything on offense? he left, and we lost the qb, best ol, and 2 best wr's, none of which were his recruits. i'm getting killed in here about everyone telling me how much better the program is now because of marrone but where is the young talent? hell grob had mike Williams who is more talented than anyone on the roster and marrone ran him out.

but did marrone leave us with anything on offense? he left, and we lost the qb, best ol, and 2 best wr's, none of which were his recruits. i'm getting killed in here about everyone telling me how much better the program is now because of marrone but where is the young talent? hell grob had mike Williams who is more talented than anyone on the roster and marrone ran him out.

Marrone "ran him out?"

That's revisionist history.

Nice avatar, BTW.

Last edited:
He brought in Kobena, Rene, AAM, Kinder, Hunt, Ashton, Mcfarland, Morris, Thompson who should still be at TE. Not completely without talent but not elite talent and he would have had a few more if he had stayed

He brought in Kobena, Rene, AAM, Kinder, Hunt, Ashton, Mcfarland, Morris, Thompson who should still be at TE. Not completely without talent but not elite talent and he would have had a few more if he had stayed
Oh my God did i just defend TBFOSFHCDM?:)

who cares. the point is what talent did the offense genius marrone bring in

He brought in plenty of talent at many positional units that are in far better shape than they were when he arrived. The roster is bigger, faster, and more athletic up and down the depth chart than the roster Marrone inherited.

QB / WR are the lone discrepancies. And that is a big part of why we're struggling this year to move the sticks and score points.

Marrone wasn't perfect--far from it--but some are taking the vendettas they have against him too far. The previous coaching staff did a solid job on the recruiting trail under the circumstances, replenishing a depleted roster and changing the culture of a losing program. They just didn't do a good job at two key positional units, but that doesn't erase the gains they made on the recruiting trail at just about every other position.

Honestly, I think that some people have lost perspective on how freaking terrible our roster was five years ago.

Last edited:
He brought in plenty of talent at many positional units that are in far better shape than they were when he arrived. The roster is bigger, faster, and more athletic up and down the depth chart than the roster Marrone inherited.

QB / WR are the lone discrepancies. And that is a big part of why we're struggling this year to move the sticks and score points.

Marrone wasn't perfect--far from it--but some are taking the vendettas they have against him too far. The previous coaching staff did a solid job on the recruiting trail under the circumstances, replenishing a depleted roster and changing the culture of a losing program. They just didn't do a good job at two key positional units, but that doesn't erase the gains they made on the recruiting trail at just about every other position.

Honestly, I think that some people have lost perspective on how freaking terrible our roster was five years ago.

That roster of players did pretty darn well in 2010.

Are we all that devoid of intelligent though that every thread has to devolve into a Marrone vs [insert name]?

He's gone! And so are most of the coaches and they are not coming back. These guys are our guys now and they deserve a fair chance to show what they can do.

That roster of players did pretty darn well in 2010.

They sure did--once they had a coaching staff in place that could extract more productivity out of them than the previous regime.

Shades of that famous Bum Philips quote.

I dont know what you guys are seeing. LOL for the last 4 or 5 years Ive seen the better athletes on defense and offense with medicre athletes. The players on offense are play within the system type players. Marrone did not recruit well in the skill player category. We have no mike williams on offense so dont expect huge offensive performances. The reason why we were good on offense last year because we had a 4 year experienced QB, 2 4 year experienced WR's, 3 3 year experienced OL and a 3 year TE. Lemon and Sales became play makers because of their experience. They were not superior athletes and I dont think AC, B Lewis, J West, C Clark are either. Ashton and Estime are but they are still learning the WR position. Kobena is not a true WR either. If our WR's were so good then all the throws would not be going to 2 unexperieced first year WR's. Ashton leads the team in catches lol..

They sure did--once they had a coaching staff in place that could extract more productivity out of them than the previous regime.

The offense still performed rather miserably stat wise other than Pinstripe Bowl. Like I said, we are arguing stink versus stink other than last year. There's a whole new brand of football out there being played we just aren't part of it

The offense still performed rather miserably stat wise other than Pinstripe Bowl. Like I said, we are arguing stink versus stink other than last year. There's a whole new brand of football out there being played we just aren't part of it

Doesn't matter--it was a minor miracle to coax that team to a bowl. Yeah, the offense stunk, but the coaches put the team in a position to win--and they did. Those USF and WVU road wins were tremendous, and helped catapult a team that had literally been the worst BCS program in college football two years prior to a bowl.

Three yards and a cloud of dust with two out of three plays being handoffs to Delone Carter wasn't exciting, nor was it indicative of modern offensive play. But it was the only way that team could grind out wins and get to bowl eligibility.

Christ, we have people complaining in this thread that our OC is trying to be "too" innovative, so pick your poison.

Last edited:
The ebb and flow of fandom...last week Bullogh was on the Syrfan chopping block this week Mcd. Ill be at college park, hopefully we finally get good performances from both sides.

Doesn't matter--it was a minor miracle to coax that team to a bowl. Yeah, the offense stunk, but the coaches put the team in a position to win--and they did. Those USF and WVU road wins were tremendous, and helped catapult a team that had literally been the worst BCS team in college football two years prior to a bowl.

Three yards and a cloud of dust isn't exciting, nor is it indicative of modern offensive play. But it was the only way that team could grind out wins and get to bowl eligibility.

Christ, we have people complaining in this thread that our OC is trying to be "too" innovative, so pick your poison.
so what do you think these coaches are trying to do this year? You dont think they are doing the same because they are not running jerome for three yards every play? Bubbles screens are helping us grind out wins this year like it or not. I know we have a ways to go to get bowl eligbility but we are finding ways to win ugly just like that 2010 team. That 2010 team was better defensively and had high character seniors who were tired of losing every year.

What?

Against KSt they went for 259 running, 239 passing an 36 pts.

Against WVU they ran for 369 yds, passed for 142 and two TD's and ran 90 plays.

How are either of those miserable?

Absolutely. But there was some talent there. Needed coaching and some experience.

We got a whole lot of everything in this thread. It's like a good old fashion WWF battle royal. Opinions on all opposite spheres of any spectrum you can choose.

If this thread tells you anything, it shows just how far we still have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using -
lol. Im bored. But i really enjoy other people's views and opinions. They may see things that i dont see and vice versa.

We got a whole lot of everything in this thread. It's like a good old fashion WWF battle royal. Opinions on all opposite spheres of any spectrum you can choose.

If this thread tells you anything, it shows just how far we still have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using -

It reminds me of the thanksgiving dinner table with my brother, cousins, son etc. Lots of SU talk and disagreements. It's all good.