Kudos to Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Marrone

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
For saying today that the rash of turnovers and penalties are on him.

I do hope this thing gets turned around and that he and the program are successful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good for him. But I'm tired of the talk...

He's got 8 more games and needs to win 5 to keep his job. That's the bottom line.

It could have been at the luncheon but he also said pretty much the same thing on the weekly Big East conference call.

There is zero chance he loses his job this year. Zero.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If HCDM doesn't win the next 3 games (Pitt, Ruttie, UConn), I put the odds of his dismissal at 80/20. ESPECIALLY if we lose to Coach P's homecoming.

Not a chance, even remote, that he's done this year. Even if he doesn't win another game.

I'm with ya. He's certainly a stand up guy and he's never been one to deflect blame. This guys wants to win in the worst way, not just to keep his job, but to revive his alma mater from a decade long nightmare.

I've been a huge supporter and I too want him badly to succeed. But I went into this year saying there were no more excuses, and I stand by that. Give me some freakin' wins already.

Heard this before. Now it's time to fix it. Very little room for error the remainder of the season.

Not a chance, even remote, that he's done this year. Even if he doesn't win another game.

If he goes 1-11, the man's not getting a 5th year. And if he does, we should just shut it all down. It's moot because that's not going to happen.

If he goes 1-11, the man's not getting a 5th year. And if he does, we should just shut it all down. It's moot because that's not going to happen.

I agree that it's not going to happen. But it is certainly a possibility. And if it does happen, he won't be back. He would probably step down himself.

So if he loses to an under performing Pitt squad, @ Piscataway against arguably our biggest regional rival, and at home against our former coach...you don't think the fan base will be looking for blood?

So if he loses to an under performing Pitt squad, @ Piscataway against arguably our biggest regional rival, and at home against our former coach...you don't think the fan base will be looking for blood?
Seems like they already are- but fans don't hire/pay coaches.

Seems like they already are- but fans don't hire/pay coaches.

Exactly. The people who do hire/pay coaches will not race to a decision halfway through this season. Short of us going 1-11 or 2-10 I fully expect to see Doug back for his 5th year.

I'm glad he took blame, but that wont solve anything.

These mistakes are game changing. We would be 3-1 if not for his mistakes.

I fear there is a long way between acknowledging that there is a problem, and actually fixing it. By the time we play Pitt, I doubt these problems will be solved, and we'll probably have another game where we could have won if not for (fill in the blank).

At some point the mistakes become who you are. The question is, have we reached that point. I know how I feel, I just hope I'm wrong.

He's got 8 more games and needs to win 5 to keep his job. That's the bottom line.

How did you arrive at five wins?

Bowl eligibility?

Sorry bud but disagree, a one win season will be the death knell for Marrone, he wont survive.

Possibly...and we'll look for you at the front of the pick-fork carrying mob.

I think every single person here would tell you that there hasn't been a bigger fan of Marrone during his tenure here than me, but it's time to actually win some games.

This is just not true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom