Kudos to Marrone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Marrone

So if he loses to an under performing Pitt squad, @ Piscataway against arguably our biggest regional rival, and at home against our former coach...you don't think the fan base will be looking for blood?

I don't know why, but your comment reminded me of this funny scene in Philadelphia. :noidea:

Exactly. The people who do hire/pay coaches will not race to a decision halfway through this season. Short of us going 1-11 or 2-10 I fully expect to see Doug back for his 5th year.

Those people made a rash decision to can P at halftime of a Bowl game. They certainly would can Marrone. I would be surprised if he survived a 3-9 season.

New starting QB next year.

Playing against teams in a new conference.

Do you really think a new HC and a new OC is a good idea?

Unless Marrone goes 2-9, he'll be back. The insane schedule will give him a mulligan.

Good for him. But I'm tired of the talk...

He's got 8 more games and needs to win 5 to keep his job. That's the bottom line.

Ridiculous. I get that you are frustrated. So is everyone else (including the original poster I would assume). But try and separate the two things.

Yes he has to do what you say. But...
Very few coaches come out and say what he said. It's a good thing.

44cuse

Big Coach Marrone supporter and I believe he's done 99% of the checklist exactly as I would like him to. But, we really need some wins.
It was embarrassing last year and already it's getting embarrassing this year.
He really needs to turn this season around during this bye week. Needs to come out strong and with a W vs. Pitt. He REALLY needs it or the fires will get hotter.

I wonder if anyone doesnt see through this game you play.

Allow me to tell you why it doesnt work. WE PLAY IN THE WORST CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY. I DONT CARE HOW MUCH WE SUCKED, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR HIS SUCK*SS RECORD AGAINST THESE SUCK*SS TEAMS.

Serious question: do you kick kittens around in your spare time?

You have loathed DM since day 1. It is obnoxious the disdain you have towards him.

By the way, we played the hardest OOC schedule in the country this year. Sure the BE sucks, but we also put the boots to WFVU last year, who ended up waxing Clemson in a BCS bowl game. Are things really that horrendous?

Heard this before. Now it's time to fix it. Very little room for error the remainder of the season.

Marrone is much more reactionary than I would have thought when came here with his binder. I mean I like that he's saying he'll change stuff, but it just feels strange to me. What exactly was his red zone plan to begin with?

So if he loses to an under performing Pitt squad, @ Piscataway against arguably our biggest regional rival, and at home against our former coach...you don't think the fan base will be looking for blood?

What fan base?

Dude, no one cares about this program besides us nut jobs. The 25K empty seats next Friday will be ample evidence of that.

You gotta love how open Marrone is. He pretty much is saying what everyone here is thinking.

Here

New starting QB next year.

Playing against teams in a new conference.

Do you really think a new HC and a new OC is a good idea?

Unless Marrone goes 2-9, he'll be back. The insane schedule will give him a mulligan.

Texas A&M is the test case.

For saying today that the rash of turnovers and penalties are on him.

I do hope this thing gets turned around and that he and the program are successful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
What about play calling? Is that on someone else?

I guess I'm old School but HOW ABOUT WRAPING UP ON TACKLES , I get so sick of watching This Team throwing shouilders at RB's and Receivers and then they run for extra yardage, This trend is ongoing , Who's that on? After watching these Games I think Anselmo is HC.

I guess I'm old School but HOW ABOUT WRAPING UP ON TACKLES , I get so sick of watching This Team throwing shouilders at RB's and Receivers and then they run for extra yardage, This trend is ongoing , Who's that on? After watching these Games I think Anselmo is HC.

Watching DB's get straight armed drives me nutz. It should never happen - ever - because they should be tackling through the legs and wrapping up those legs. I guess they don't teach that anymore.

Why any DB would want to or is allowed to tackle high is beyond me.

Marrone is much more reactionary than I would have thought when came here with his binder. I mean I like that he's saying he'll change stuff, but it just feels strange to me. What exactly was his red zone plan to begin with?

I know I oversimplify things, but he seems a little out of his comfort zone now in goal line playcalling. He spent the last couple years trying to instill toughness, using fullbacks, tight ends, guys like Delone Carter to power into the end zone.

Now we're all in on the shotgun, no huddle approach. So down at the goal line, he's having trouble adjusting. He tried the under center, bigger lineup approach against Stony Brook and they stuffed it.

They need to figure it out because, as you've said, we still don't have the playmaker to take enough plays to the house, so even with our spread out, faster pace, we're still going to end up inside the 5 quite a bit.

I'm glad he took blame, but that wont solve anything.

These mistakes are game changing. We would be 3-1 if not for his mistakes.

I fear there is a long way between acknowledging that there is a problem, and actually fixing it. By the time we play Pitt, I doubt these problems will be solved, and we'll probably have another game where we could have won if not for (fill in the blank).

At some point the mistakes become who you are. The question is, have we reached that point. I know how I feel, I just hope I'm wrong.

The time to address these problems is in the preseason. Eliminating mistakes is instilled through repetition and discipline. Unfortunately, making mistakes is also instilled through repetition and discipline (lack of).

Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

What fan base?

Dude, no one cares about this program besides us nut jobs. The 25K empty seats next Friday will be ample evidence of that.

Thank god for Parents Weekend, so they'll only be 20k empty.

The time to address these problems is in the preseason. Eliminating mistakes is instilled through repetition and discipline. Unfortunately, making mistakes is also instilled through repetition and discipline (lack of).

Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
agree with this...and add the poor play calling and change of tempo vs. Minnesota...rediculous

“It’s a lot of pressure, when you feel you’re letting players and coaches and people around you down.”

In the aftermath of last year's 0-5 collapse I recall posting that I really hoped Marrone would take a weekend off, go hole himself up in a nice hotel room with an ocean view somewhere, and just relax. I hate to play pop-psychologist, but it just seems like he is sooooo keyed up, beyond even the typical ridiculousness we see from football coaches.

No one makes good decisions when they're under duress, and the vibe he gives off just has to be making the team play tight.

He tried the under center, bigger lineup approach against Stony Brook and they stuffed it.

OMG. If we have an OL and a HB or FB that can't get one yard on 4 downs, it's time to go Division 3 FB.

bigeast play should provide some wins and its time to start winning games no more moral victories.add me to the list of people who find it highly unlikely marrone is fired unless they go 1-6 in bigeast

Are they going to Redshirt AAM? Would think he would have been the perfect option to pund the ball in from the one-yard line?

I say stop trying to outsmart the other team. Play the game we want to play, don't act surprised if/when we have to adjust on the fly. Just make adjustment and don't be stubborn about it. Too often we're trying to round peg into square hole.

Big Coach Marrone supporter and I believe he's done 99% of the checklist exactly as I would like him to. But, we really need some wins.
It was embarrassing last year and already it's getting embarrassing this year.
He really needs to turn this season around during this bye week. Needs to come out strong and with a W vs. Pitt. He REALLY needs it or the fires will get hotter.

Wait, wins only account for 1% of your checklist?

It is about 75% on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom