Duke 17, High Point 6
Rutgers 19, St John's 11
Army 9, UMass 5

Saturday
Loyola 11, Virginia 4
North Carolina 14, Furman 6

Air Force 9 Denver 8 4th Q
5-0 3rd Q for AF

That would be a huge upset, perhaps Denver is missing those departing seniors more then the pundits thought they would.

That would be a huge upset, perhaps Denver is missing those departing seniors more then the pundits thought they would.
I think I saw that they started 4 freshman.

9-9 now. Few min left

Friday
Duke 17, High Point 6
Rutgers 19, St John's 11
Army 9, UMass 5

Saturday
Loyola 11, Virginia 4
North Carolina 14, Furman 6

Hate to read to much into one game but the St. Johns and Army scores look promising for SU. St. Johns giving up 19 goals to Rutgers is a terrible sign for them, RU isnt awful but my god 19 goals wow.

Also expected Army to win by a lot more, UMass lost everyone of note off of last years underwhelming team there in a complete rebuild. UVA yikes, Starsia likely in his last season.

I think I saw that they started 4 freshman.

9-9 now. Few min left

Is this game available online somewhere? Cannizaro probably getting doubled from the word go.

Is this game available online somewhere? Cannizaro probably getting doubled from the word go.
I was on the gamecast. I think they changed venues and it screwed up the video.

UVA yikes, Starsia likely in his last season.

I wonder what it would take for Starsia to lose his job? Man. He has dealt with a lot. The Hughley murder. Tough on the field performance of late. When was the last visit for UVa in the final four. I wonder if they are done?

I wonder what it would take for Starsia to lose his job? Man. He has dealt with a lot. The Hughley murder. Tough on the field performance of late. When was the last visit for UVa in the final four. I wonder if they are done?

UVA is 1-8 in the ACC the past two sesons, honestly if not for an incredible run after the Brattons were suspended Starsia probably would have been out a few years ago. I dont see how he survives another year if UVA has another down year, its getting to the point where they could turn into Princeton if they dont make a move soon.

UVA is 1-8 in the ACC the past two sesons, honestly if not for an incredible run after the Brattons were suspended Starsia probably would have been out a few years ago. I dont see how he survives another year if UVA has another down year, its getting to the point where they could turn into Princeton if they dont make a move soon.
Agree - I don't expect them to fold, but a mediocre year could spell the end to his time in C'ville.

Lehigh's offense stinks. Duke taking them to the woodshed on espn3.
Michigan up on Colgate 7-5 in the 3rd

Lehigh's offense stinks. Duke taking them to the woodshed on espn3.
Michigan up on Colgate 7-5 in the 3rd

Duke loves to play back to back early in the season, I dont get it but Danowski loves it.

Not a happy time on The Sabre. People want things to change and fast. I went to our scrimmage last week vs. UMBC and it was as much of a horror show as the results yesterday. People are standing around on offense and just watching the guy with the ball. Very sad to see how low we've fallen. :(

Guess I shouldn't have turned it off. Was 9-3 at half. Duke must have run out of gas.

Played back to back days, they have a great offense but there depth is suspect, some big time recruits haven't panned out for them.

Not a happy time on The Sabre. People want things to change and fast. I went to our scrimmage last week vs. UMBC and it was as much of a horror show as the results yesterday. People are standing around on offense and just watching the guy with the ball. Very sad to see how low we've fallen. :(

Time for UVA to make a change. Its on thing for a program to have some issues at the X and some early tourney exits like SU the last few years but UVA has sunk to a whole different level. There struggling to win conference games and getting blown out by some scores that a decade ago would be unthinkable. UVA has to make a change or they risk becoming Princeton Part 2.

What is the consensus on what the problem is? Has Starsia lost the ability to coach? Or has he become stale? Was the talent overrated? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand what those in the know think.

What is the consensus on what the problem is? Has Starsia lost the ability to coach? Or has he become stale? Was the talent overrated? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to understand what those in the know think.
We think that the offense has gone stale. People are standing around and watching things instead of moving all the time like you see on the part of darned near every other team. Most think he's gone stale, too. We've got the personnel we need to do well, but for one reason or another they're not accomplishing what they need to do as a team. Many of our fans don't think that Owen Van Arsdale was our best option at attack for the past couple of years, and a quick scan of our coaching staff shows why he played. We ran into the same problem when Debbie Ryan, another Hall-of-Famer, was at the end of her career as our women's basketball coach and it's easy to believe that the same thing happened with George Welsh in football and Ace Adams, the coach Starsia replaced in MLax. It's a very sad situation. Personally, I don't know why he would want to continue. UVa has won 5 NCAA championships and he was responsible for 4 of them. You would think he would come to the point where he would say "OK, that's enough."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom