LAX Action for May 22-23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 22-23

Kirst is a really good goalie but Carolina is really helping him out with some terrible shot selection.

Losing that faceoff with 1 min man up on loose ball. Johnson is invisible. Terrible

Did Tucci get hurt? Feels like he hasn't been out there to take a draw in awhile and #15 isn't cutting it right now.

Strange. UNC misses Cook but also Gray who is making a Tewarton case for Bernhardt and Sowers

Strange. UNC misses Cook but also Gray who is making a Tewarton case for Bernhardt and Sowers

Announcers made it seem like not playing Cook was intentional I thought? Gray has been completely invisible out there.

Amazing to watch teams who know how to play defense well.
UNC team defense is better than their m2m. Some are weak. Rutgers will win this game if they get the ball.

Gray with a huge play there on Kirst, nice heads up. Rutgers could have won this game but just to careless down the stretch.

Last edited:
I've never understood the animus for Rutgers on the board. I think it has to do with the fear that SU was turning into Rutgers. I think that is an unfounded fear. Rutgers is an embarrassment to the Big Ten in almost every sport, but men's lacrosse is not one of them.
Saying all of that, I'm grateful for the game I watched this afternoon. Lacrosse is all the better when the game is on the line. Great action, great goaltending. Stats say that Rutgers cleared the ball 19 out of 22. It certainly didn't feel that way. The TO's UNC created made the difference. I know Rutgers is hated on this board, but you have to honor their effort today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom