LAX Action for May 22-23 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 22-23

I thought both Duke and UNC lose a lot next season although I haven't heard how many of the guys that could come back are going to?

UNC Loses their whole 1st midfield and Bowers, attack is all back.

Duke loses Sowers and Giles-Harris and a few other mercenaries but most of that O is back. Obviously without Sowers though it will be a major adjustment.

Kavanaugh has to pass that, can't play hero ball there. This screams Bernhardt OT winner

Uncanny how often this happens to them. They were built for at minimum a final four run this year. Maryland is really good but they choked away another one.

I didn't realistically think they'd win it all this year but you're right they lose a lot including both their fogo's and has been pointed out many times, they "won" the transfer portal this past offseason.

I didn't realistically think they'd win it all this year but you're right they lose a lot including both their fogo's and has been pointed out many times, they "won" the transfer portal this past offseason.

Both fogos, 2/3rds of the close defense Yorke, 2 middies etc

Corrigan will go into portal again. ACC fan but ND or Duke losing are not hard to take.

Uncanny how often this happens to them. They were built for at minimum a final four run this year. Maryland is really good but they choked away another one.

Agreed. Maryland is a good team this year (they’ve been annoyingly very good for a almost a decade).

No shame losing to this Terp team but ND snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Every coach to win a D1 title has hailed from either Maryland or New York.
Glenn Thiel (coach of UVa in 1972) was from State College, PA. His Dad was the coach of PSU. He did coach at Baltimore City Community before coaching at UVa.

UNC Loses their whole 1st midfield and Bowers, attack is all back.

Duke loses Sowers and Giles-Harris and a few other mercenaries but most of that O is back. Obviously without Sowers though it will be a major adjustment.
Has the non-transfer Robertson said he's coming back? He's listed on the roster as a Senior. Their starters seem like they're all seniors, graduate mercenaries, and 1 freshman.

Agreed. Maryland is a good team this year (they’ve been annoyingly very good for a almost a decade).

No shame losing to this Terp team but ND snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think they're very good this season, maybe as good as anyone top to bottom. Their run the past decade is as good as any except maybe Duke since they won multiple Championships. They should probably have won more (still think they were the best team in 2016). They kind of remind me of the way Syracuse use to be with their consistency and the ability to have guys that just step up and make plays.

Has the non-transfer Robertson said he's coming back? He's listed on the roster as a Senior. Their starters seem like they're all seniors, graduate mercenaries, and 1 freshman.

Duke has a lot of guys who are seniors but have that extra year of eligibility after last season.

Sowers, JT, Adler, Lowrie, Lindsay, Quigley, Smyth, Manown, Phil Robertson, Walsh, O'Connell, Scaglione, and Leishchow are all done after this season.

Robertson is a Sr academically but a Rs Jr playing wise as he was hurt all of last year with an ACL. Montgomery, Badour, Basile, Stein and a few others are seniors along with Robertson who can come back.

Dukes loses slightly more then I thought but still brings back a lot and will surely hit the portal as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom