LAX Action for May 22-23 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 22-23

I've never understood the animus for Rutgers on the board. I think it has to do with the fear that SU was turning into Rutgers. I think that is an unfounded fear. Rutgers is an embarrassment to the Big Ten in almost every sport, but men's lacrosse is not one of them.
Saying all of that, I'm grateful for the game I watched this afternoon. Lacrosse is all the better when the game is on the line. Great action, great goaltending. Stats say that Rutgers cleared the ball 19 out of 22. It certainly didn't feel that way. The TO's UNC created made the difference. I know Rutgers is hated on this board, but you have to honor their effort today.
Agree with your comments. Tremendous effort by Rutgers today and kudos to the coaches.

I've never understood the animus for Rutgers on the board. I think it has to do with the fear that SU was turning into Rutgers. I think that is an unfounded fear. Rutgers is an embarrassment to the Big Ten in almost every sport, but men's lacrosse is not one of them.
Saying all of that, I'm grateful for the game I watched this afternoon. Lacrosse is all the better when the game is on the line. Great action, great goaltending. Stats say that Rutgers cleared the ball 19 out of 22. It certainly didn't feel that way. The TO's UNC created made the difference. I know Rutgers is hated on this board, but you have to honor their effort today.
While Rutgers technically cleared the ball (got it across midfield), UNC's ride was relentless literally taking it away before Rutgers could do anything, negating the clear. Rutgers should be credited with the transition work they did, always thinking attack once the defense got the ball. I'm not sure they would have kept the score close had they not been aggressive in transition. (Now I must wash, I said something good about Rutgers).

SU's ride was better this year than I remember of late, but UNC's ride was punishing almost the entire game. Defense starts once the opposing team gets the ball.

For the record, my animus towards Rutgers is due to two main points: 1) their fans are generally useless, arrogant, ignorant, belligerent, and moronic. Not all, but most are, and they are fair weather fans. I.e. their fans believe they will rule the B1G East division, over UM, tOSU, PedState, and MSU. Many quit watching whichever season once sufficient games are lost that they will not win a championship. 2) The athletic department is run by people who have begged, borrowed, and stolen from students, the University, and the citizens of NJ. They are still one of the top ADs in losing money annually even with the B1G/BTN money rolling in. They have lost between one half billion dollars and a billion dollars over the past 15-20 years and the money will never be repaid. They are behind in the improvements they agreed to with the B1G and are really a disgrace in virtually every way possible. Their sole claim to fame is they are close to NYC so B1G alumni can see their teams play once in a while.

I can think of many other schools who do far more with much less who are deserving of all the benefits Rutgers has.

I've never understood the animus for Rutgers on the board. I think it has to do with the fear that SU was turning into Rutgers. I think that is an unfounded fear. Rutgers is an embarrassment to the Big Ten in almost every sport, but men's lacrosse is not one of them this year.
FIFY. 2-3 2017-2019, 3-2 2016, 1-4 2015

While Rutgers technically cleared the ball (got it across midfield), UNC's ride was relentless literally taking it away before Rutgers could do anything, negating the clear. Rutgers should be credited with the transition work they did, always thinking attack once the defense got the ball. I'm not sure they would have kept the score close had they not been aggressive in transition. (Now I must wash, I said something good about Rutgers).

SU's ride was better this year than I remember of late, but UNC's ride was punishing almost the entire game. Defense starts once the opposing team gets the ball.

For the record, my animus towards Rutgers is due to two main points: 1) their fans are generally useless, arrogant, ignorant, belligerent, and moronic. Not all, but most are, and they are fair weather fans. I.e. their fans believe they will rule the B1G East division, over UM, tOSU, PedState, and MSU. Many quit watching whichever season once sufficient games are lost that they will not win a championship. 2) The athletic department is run by people who have begged, borrowed, and stolen from students, the University, and the citizens of NJ. They are still one of the top ADs in losing money annually even with the B1G/BTN money rolling in. They have lost between one half billion dollars and a billion dollars over the past 15-20 years and the money will never be repaid. They are behind in the improvements they agreed to with the B1G and are really a disgrace in virtually every way possible. Their sole claim to fame is they are close to NYC so B1G alumni can see their teams play once in a while.

I can think of many other schools who do far more with much less who are deserving of all the benefits Rutgers has.
UNC attack and omids caused 8 turnovers mostly from rides , many right after after Rutgers 'cleared' crossing midline. CTO's by Anderson right before end of regulation and Gray in o/t were huge. . Significant factor in winning game despite playing rather average on both ends . Their ride made up for many faceoff losses while creating transition offense for some goals.
Hope Cuse's fall prep focuses on that important facet of game. Did not think Cuse ride this season was as good as in 2020 when Cook was a Tasmanian devil . Even gulp Scanlan was rather good in that dept. Hiltz did put forth full effort though had too many penalties with wraparounds.
Rutgers fans have never enjoyed much consistency in winning by their teams and as a result tend to be frontrunners who tout their successes whenever they occur. Cant blame them. . This was a year when all came together for Rutgers lax but they lose many and will take a step back. Nice stadium, but no real campus to speak of.

Yes. Matt Dwan has been their dc , related to former jhu bill?

Yes, brothers I believe. Saw him referenced as the Syracuse bound Dwan’s uncle.

Robertson is indeed Mr. Clutch for Duke.

Tough goal for Loyola’s keeper to lose on. Greyhounds regularly peak in May but Duke eek’d it out.

This lax podcast ESPNU has on is dry AF. Talking about the same 5 offensive players.

Get the ND/Twerp game going FFS.

Marylands speed is giving ND a ton of issues along with their depth of scoring. ND looks lost

It was mentioned on the broadcast but that game winning goal was so eriely similiar to Duke's game winner in OT against ND a couple of years ago.

Love Kielty but he cant keep up with Bernhardt. .. Corrigan may have to make a switch to quicker defender if there is one

Love Kielty but he cant keep up with Bernhardt. .. Corrigan may have to make a switch to quicker defender if there is one

Yeah or start sliding? I know that's not usually their thing but #10 simply cannot keep up.

Maryland scoring nearly at will but they can't win a faceoff and Marylands D outside of Grill and Makar is being exposed.

Maryland scoring nearly at will but they can't win a faceoff and Marylands D outside of Grill and Makar is being exposed.

I'm not sure why they're putting a shorty on Dobson. It looks like Fairman is getting caught out there a few times which I'm sure they don't want.

If Notre Dame would stop turning it over then I don't think this game is close. Entenmann helping to offset those but can't expect him to keep it up.

If Notre Dame would stop turning it over then I don't think this game is close. Entenmann helping to offset those but can't expect him to keep it up.

Dobson has been awful this half, also our old friend Lipka with a bad one to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom