LAX Conference Expansion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Conference Expansion

Your move, NCAA. One more AQ (and hence, one less at-large), or expansion of the tournament?

The NEC and Southern are going away.

It'll be back to 9 AQ / 9 at large.

I just read the A10 is adding men's lacrosse. I wonder if they will get an AQ? I think they have 5 teams lined up. Richmond is the key school.

Did they keep 9 at large after the ACC lost the AQ?
i don't believe they ever had 9 at larges, is why i asked. could be wrong.

but it's my understanding it's always been a 16 team tourney since it went to 16. officially. thus the term play ins for extra aq's above 8.

i don't believe they ever had 9 at larges, is why i asked. could be wrong.

but it's my understanding it's always been a 16 team tourney since it went to 16. officially. thus the term play ins for extra aq's above 8.

That's like saying it's a 64 team basketball tournament, even though 68 teams get selected.

Twitter seems to think we'll go back to just 1 play-in game now. 9 AQ's plus they'll keep 8 at larges.

men’s lacrosse forgive spelling watch nothing but boss baby and sing 2.

The ACC needs BC,NCST,GAT as lacrosse members. The smart thing to do is help them field teams. Duke and NC should use their political power at the state level and their booster deep pockets to get NCST back in the league.

The ACC needs BC,NCST,GAT as lacrosse members. The smart thing to do is help them field teams. Duke and NC should use their political power at the state level and their booster deep pockets to get NCST back in the league.

Duke and UNC are gonna donate money to Moo U?

There is no way on earth Duke (or NC) boosters are going to donate money to NC ST.

Yeah, we just need one team, but I don't see it happening at any time in the near future.

There is no way on earth Duke (or NC) boosters are going to donate money to NC ST.

Yeah, we just need one team, but I don't see it happening at any time in the near future.

This, barring a change in the ACC stance on associate members the current 5 man group is going to remain the same for the foreseeable future. There is no ACC team close to starting or re-starting a Mens D1 program.

This, barring a change in the ACC stance on associate members the current 5 man group is going to remain the same for the foreseeable future. There is no ACC team close to starting or re-starting a Mens D1 program.

I so wish there was a team that could put it together, but I think that JeremyCuse and orange79 are correct. The BC rumor got me hopeful but my closest BC friends have squelched it. I have one friend who is a BC donor... haven't seen him around town in a while but if I bump into him I will definitely ask for confirmation.

No idea on how clemson men’s club team is but hey the woman’s team is moving in. Maby the men’s can do something to move up also.

Title 9 is the problem

Most college graduates are female at this point, but we need to limit men's participation anyway.

Just another messed up part of our world today that makes no sense.

More Boys play Lacrosse, but there are 120 women's teams and 71 mens teams...

Title 9 is the problem

Most college graduates are female at this point, but we need to limit men's participation anyway.

Just another messed up part of our world today that makes no sense.

More Boys play Lacrosse, but there are 120 women's teams and 71 mens teams...
Put ‘em back in the kitchen, right?

You dope.

Rumor on our board that could affect you folks. A poster on our board says he heard that Minnesota is going to start a D-1 team and that Petro will be their coach. Most of us don't think it will happen, but ...

BTW, one of our starting close D is from Eden Prairie, a western suburb of Minneapolis.

Rumor on our board that could affect you folks. A poster on our board says he heard that Minnesota is going to start a D-1 team and that Petro will be their coach. Most of us don't think it will happen, but ...

BTW, one of our starting close D is from Eden Prairie, a western suburb of Minneapolis.

Seems far fetched, Petro at his age is going to take over a startup program after watching Michigan struggle for a decade + with every potential resource? I don't see it.

Even if is far fetched or is entirely possible. Would be ok with it, another school starting lax is always a plus in my book.

Even if is far fetched or is entirely possible. Would be ok with it, another school starting lax is always a plus in my book.

I was talking about Petro being the HC being farfetched. That said Minnesota starting a program seems unlikely for a whole host of reasons. I'll believe it when I see it

I was talking about Petro being the HC being farfetched. That said Minnesota starting a program seems unlikely for a whole host of reasons. I'll believe it when I see it
They are 54% female students, so it will be really tough to do it Title IX-wise even if they also start a women's team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom