LAX Pick'em Week 7

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FOEAgjkUcAQncZW

Harvard (+1.5) vs Brown
Ohio State (-2.5) vs Denver
Delaware (+3) vs Hopkins
High Point (+4) vs UNC

Some tough spreads. I thought about pickin against Hopkins twice.

Cornell -1.5
Princeton PK
Maryland PK
Ohio State -2.5

9-13-2
10.0 points

Harvard (+1.5) vs Brown
Ohio State (-2.5) vs Denver
Delaware (+3) vs Hopkins
High Point (+4) vs UNC

Some tough spreads. I thought about pickin against Hopkins twice.
wait, what?!?! no umd with these vanilla games and the game of the decade going on?

Wow tough lines this week
RU -5.5 - Hofstra stinks
BU -6.5 - Holy Cross stinks worse
Jax -7 - Umass Lowell stinks the most
Not sure on the 4th right now. - ND - 2.5 Massive game for ND and their tourney chances, I expect them to play well.

Last edited:
wait, what?!?! no umd with these vanilla games and the game of the decade going on?
Where's your picks?

UVa fans are whining about the game being on BTN over on thesabre. What a bunch of babies.

Last edited:
Where's your picks?

UVa fans are whining about the game being on BTN over on thesabre. What a bunch of babies.
jiminy, zack. have a sense of humor. you seem tense.

complaining about rival leagues' network coverage is a rite of passage. hoo fans are the last group that would miss that opportunity.

my comment was a mirror of yours and my initial response weeks ago. thought you'd be putting your record on "the line" for this one! it's a pick em!

i'll take uva pick 'em and get to the rest later!

jiminy, zack. have a sense of humor. you seem tense.

complaining about rival leagues' network coverage is a rite of passage. hoo fans are the last group that would miss that opportunity.

my comment was a mirror of yours and my initial response weeks ago. thought you'd be putting your record on "the line" for this one! it's a pick em!

i'll take uva pick 'em and get to the rest later!
Is it a rite of passage? I didn't know.

By not picking the UVa vs UMd game, I have essentially said who I think is more likely to win the game. Maryland's offense didn't look so hot against ND. I have never been a fan of Tillman/Benson playing the lefty Malever at the right-hand finisher role. The Khan-Malever pair hasn't been scoring much lately. So I wonder if Maryland will get the offensive punch to win this game.

Is it a rite of passage? I didn't know.

By not picking the UVa vs UMd game, I have essentially said who I think is more likely to win the game. Maryland's offense didn't look so hot against ND. I have never been a fan of Tillman/Benson playing the lefty Malever at the right-hand finisher role. The Khan-Malever pair hasn't been scoring much lately. So I wonder if Maryland will get the offensive punch to win this game.
it's bordering on negligence at this point.

umd's been balance and wiz so far. we'll see if kastner takes the wiz part out.

Lots of good games this weekend. Someday I hope teams figure out how to not schedule all the games for Saturday between noon and one. Of course the Syracuse game is the one game up against the "game of the year". Can't catch a break I guess.

Personally I think everyone here should have to pick the UVA-Maryland game, but that's just me.

Cornell -1.5 over Yale
Princeton PK over Penn
BU -6.5 over Holy Cross
UVA PK over Maryland

Switched my mind more times than I remember since starting this, probably a bad sign. Yale has looked really shaky this season and Cornell has some really nice wins early this season. Princeton seems like a more well rounded team than Penn and I think weeks of playing with fire will catch up with the Quakers. BU seems legit and are playing like they have something to prove, which means not letting up against lesser teams like Holy Cross. Been back and forth on the UVA and Maryland - just seems like UVA has a higher ceiling than Maryland. Weirman does seem much improved since last year and may lessen the advantage at X for the Hoos. I may change my mind on this before tomorrow.

it's bordering on negligence at this point.

umd's been balance and wiz so far. we'll see if kastner takes the wiz part out.
In the end, Dixon and the other guy for the Big 10 are a lot better than QK, Carc, and Anish.
I tend to hear fans complain after the game, if they do at all, rather than 3 days before Maryland has already been on ACCNx twice. I'll stick with my Wahoo Whiners assertion.

It is sort of amusing that in the 4th quarter of the UVa-UNC game, Carc said something to the effect of - while the ACC had a bunch of early season losses, this weekend (last) the ACC teams would have a chance to make a statement. It turned out to be the "jinx" of the year as Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Duke all lost.

Last edited:
Rutgers -5.5 over Hofstra
J'Ville -7 over UMASS Lowell
G'town - 6 over Utah
Boston U -6 over Holy Cross

Overall 17 -7

In the end, Dixon and the other guy for the Big 10 are a lot better than QK, Carc, and Anish.
I tend to hear fans complain after the game, if they do at all, rather than 3 days before Maryland has already been on ACCNx twice. I'll stick with my Wahoo Whiners assertion.

It is sort of amusing that in the 4th quarter of the UVa-UNC game, Carc said something to the effect of - while the ACC had a bunch of early season losses, this weekend (last) the ACC teams would have a chance to make a statement. It turned out to be the "jinx" of the year as Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Duke all lost.
the post you quoted was only in reference to lineup decisions.

lots of complaints on acc media bias from b1g 10 fans. and vice versa.

i wasn't disagreeing with you on uva fans. said they're a group that will chime in on that also.

12-12

Notre Dame -2.5 vs. Michigan
Penn (PK) vs. Princeton
UVA (PK) vs. UMD
Ohio State -2.5 vs. Denver

Maryland PK- terrapins tend to have the greatest regular season teams of all time , meanwhile uva is a tourney team .

BU -6, if a underachieving team now out of the top twenty can beat HC by 23 then the 12th team in nation that is playing well problably should be able to cover giving six.

Jacksonville -7 , know little about Jax other than their coach is Galloway and they somehow beat talent laden Duke . Losing to Utah by six troublesbut opponent is lowly Lowell not prayful Mass

Rutgers - 5.5, this former #3 was exposed by both Stony Brook and Princeton but will pad record further before they enter stretch of playing better b10 teams

12-12 YTD

Navy +4 over Hop
MD PK over UVa
Rutgers -5.5 over Hofstra
Penn PK over Princeton

16-8 ytd

Cornell -1.5 v Yale
Notre Dame -2.5 v Michigan
Princeton PK v Penn
Virginia PK v Maryland

13- 7 for the year so far.

Picks this week:
Notre Dame -2.5 over Michigan
Boston U -6.5 over HC
Ohio State -2.5 over Denver
Army -3.5 over Lehigh

boston - 6.5
p'ton pick 'em
uva pick 'em
delaware + 3

riding boston. i know i procrastinate on this stuff, but hoo plays games @ 11.30 umass lowell? looking for eyeballs or have to get off the field for ultimate frisbee?

ultimately procrastinating cost me 1 or 2 games last week, so i'm my own worst enemy. going w 3 top ~5 rpi teams, and against a struggling hopkins. tho boston drops with a win.

17 - 7 ytd.

Last edited:
Maryland 23 Virginia 12.
Keegan Khan really came through for the Terps today.

16-8 ytd

Cornell -1.5 v Yale
Notre Dame -2.5 v Michigan
Princeton PK v Penn
Virginia PK v Maryland
2-2 this week, 18-10 ytd

Cornell couldn't cover even though they led by 7 at one point. Virginia really screwed the pooch considering this game was a pick 'em.

Wow tough lines this week
RU -5.5 - Hofstra stinks
BU -6.5 - Holy Cross stinks worse
Jax -7 - Umass Lowell stinks the most
Not sure on the 4th right now. - ND - 2.5 Massive game for ND and their tourney chances, I expect them to play well.

3-1, BU emptied the bench late costing a 4-0 Week.

19-9 on the year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom