Class of 2023 - LB James Heard (PA/NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/2023) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 LB James Heard (PA/NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/2023)

I mean making in roads and trying to establish a pipeline to NJ is so much easier said than done. You either have the history, long term relationships and the street cred so to speak or you don't. Hiring one assistant versus a HC and and 3 key assistants who can cover the state are two totally different things. Syracuse went all in and the early results look to be very positive to say the least. The message is being heard loud and clear. What were Dino and Shafer actually ever going to get done in NJ? Like fighting a fire with a garden hose. Dino was a carpet bagger whose true roots were out West. Shafer a midwest guy. These guys are South NJ through and through. Nunzio-North NJ. I mean a couple years I would think the majority of our roster will be NJ kids rather easily
Yeah agreed and add in on top of the crazy strong NJ cred that this is very much a unicorn hire for Syracuse with allot of right place, right time as well. We grabbed a highly connected guy for HC and who is an alpha recruiter, who was highly connected enough to pull in another alpha recruiter, coach Elijah, that resulted in pulling in another alpha recruiter Nick Williams. With two of those guys being available at the same time due to significant changes at their prior programs. The odds of hitting that trifecta are pretty low. Also time for people to give Wildhack some credit. Went chips all in on this while fighting a board contingent who wanted someone else (per board insiders) and sweet talking the donors to pony up.

Curious if the 2 new offensive coaches from WV might have to say helping this former WV player Heard be Orange?

No. Wrestler from Virginia we flipped late last year. Enrolled in January, and looked good in spring. Very good athlete.
Seriously? I don’t even remember him. Maybe I was sucked into the vortex that day lol

Ohhh edit: the name David threw me off. I remember him now.

Isn’t he a walk on?

This kid - Oluwademilade 'David' Omopariola ?

Scholarship player.

Omopariola.jpg

so I Heard
JAMES HEARD IN TRANSFER PORTAL FROM WVA

images

James Heard, a linebacker transfer from West Virginia, will be on campus to get a closer look at the Orange. Heard was a class of 2023 four star (per Rivals) prospect who signed with the Mountaineers out of Camden High in New Jersey where he recorded 18 sacks in just nine games during his senior season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom