Lets be honest the issue isn't that we lost or even that we lost to BC. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets be honest the issue isn't that we lost or even that we lost to BC.

Fair needs a complete rebuild. Not sure what the staff can do but whether its a few minutes on the bench, watching film or running some different sets we have to try and re-start him so to speak. The current version of CJ is a shell of what he was in Maui and games against St. Johs, Nova, Indiana, UNC etc. Go back and watch those games, CJ and that mid range jumper were absolute money. He single handidly beat Baylor and St. Johns on jumpers late with guys right in his face. Now I am not sure he could hit that shot in warmups by himself, everything seems to hit the back rim and hes missing shots that he almost never missed in his career here at least not at this clip. Even his in close shots on drives just look horrific, multiple air balls and then shots off the glass that dont even hit the rim. No idea whats wrong but he looks completely shot. I would like us to run him off more screens for pick and pop shots, we did a lot of that in Maui and he was deadly, but now everything seems to be giving him ISO looks.

Getting Cooney some better looks - Again not a newsflash but we have to find other ways to get Cooney a shot besides him running around like hes on meth for 20 seconds and then launching an NBA range three fading to the side. He was 1-6 yesterday and nearly all of them were rushed shots with him fading. We need to try and find him better in transition and utilizing the inside out offense teams keep using against us. Several times Jerami and CJ had the ball down low yesterday with Cooney wide open and I dont think he got one pass, we need to be looking to kick it out more.

Have to get Roberson/Keita/Silent G more pt.

First off, a well thought out post. Well done.

Yeah, I'm not one who thinks these kids get tired. However, I do firmly believe that a minute or two on the bench, with the coaches pointing things - or even CJ just getting a different perspective can't hurt. Right now CJ seems stuck in a rut - and just leaving him out for 40 minutes isn't doing much to cure it. Not sure there is a "right" answer - but outside of a few games where he was SUPERB in the closing 5 minutes, he's pretty much been stinking up the joint for a while. Maybe those few minutes would help...who knows.

Rak and Keita are both pretty decent passers from the top of the key (and at kicking out to the open man). I wouldn't mind keeping them up there, keep Grant & Fair out enough to keep from clogging up the lane and run Cooney backdoor. The play has worked a few times - run it some more. Try to keep those guys from overplaying him. Grant & CJ both could do a better job kicking out passes - but both seem to go to the rim with the shot going up already a foregone conclusion. Grant tends to at least look to feed the post - CJ, not so much.

Eh, I could care less about G's PT at this point. I think whether he plays 38 minutes or 3, we're going to get the exact same thing from him on any given night. Maybe he hits an open three, but otherwise he's fairly worthless on offense. His defense is solid though, so he certainly is capable of doing what he has - giving the guards a breather now or then. When we need to sit Grant or Fair though, Roberson - all day, every day. At least imo.

The loss to BC in the grand scheme is meaningless, this isnt college fball, a bad regular season loss (unless your on the bubble) means absolutely nothing in the tourney.
If they year turns out like we want , we will remember this as much as we do the G'town loss last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom