Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
are people really going out like that already? In my small circle no one has been out to dinner or a bar yet. Most are just hanging out in a friends yard. I havent been in anyone elses house in 3 months, not even on the porch.

Yes but I guess it depends on what area of the country you are in, here in Indiana everything is back open and has been for several weeks, you still see masks but gatherings are happening everywhere here around Indianapolis

As I understand , experts are thinking they will have a “cocktail “ of antivirals and anti inflammatory drugs eventually. This is a step, hopefully.

They've been saying that the next cocktail is right around the corner since Jan/Feb

Let's say that 2% of folks at the protests catch COVID. How many people do they infect, and how many people do those folks infect? (eg how much does their "tree" grow)?

That's the New York Post for you. 1.4% can be a lot of people when your dealing with the thousands and then 100s of thousands (or even millions) nationwide.

are people really going out like that already? In my small circle no one has been out to dinner or a bar yet. Most are just hanging out in a friends yard. I havent been in anyone elses house in 3 months, not even on the porch.

Depends on where you are. Can't go anywhere in NYC. A colleague of mine in Florida has gone shopping and out to eat. Of course they wear a covering, but people are itching to get back to their pre COVID lives.

WOO-HOOO!!!

Now only 2 out of 3 people who were gonna die of it will die, instead of 3 out of 3!

Yeah - that’s not enough to get me to a game.

That's one way to interpret it.

For me, multiplying the small % of people who might die by 67% makes me less likely to go outside during a thunderstorm.

Speaking of bans... There was a time where this type of inflammatory and divisive language would earn you one.
phil.png

1592397409407.jpeg
2d3.jpg

Let's say that 2% of folks at the protests catch COVID. How many people do they infect, and how many people do those folks infect? (eg how much does their "tree" grow)?

That's the New York Post for you. 1.4% can be a lot of people when your dealing with the thousands and then 100s of thousands (or even millions) nationwide.
Do you consider those protestors selfish?

Speaking of bans... There was a time where this type of inflammatory and divisive language would earn you one.
Oh I agree I made a ban worthy statement. 90% of the beer drinkers at the game would be responsible...it is the others that would create issues we don't need as everyone is on edge. I might be overreacting as STHers are generally more responsible and mature than the average casual fan.

Not sure if you could make a workable plan where you can get 1 or 2 beers. Any ideas?

at this point most of the party non serious fans wont be at a game. I would think though one plan might be no food/drink or seriously limited amounts. You might have another plan thats water only

We also already know that yelling/loud talk is an issue with the spread, so there has to be a plan for masks at all times and another with masks off once you enter your assigned seating place.

You have to hydrate. I have no issues with a very limited menu of food and drink. The food should be grab n go.

Oh I agree I made a ban worthy statement. 90% of the beer drinkers at the game would be responsible...it is the others that would create issues we don't need as everyone is on edge. I might be overreacting as STHers are generally more responsible and mature than the average casual fan.

Not sure if you could make a workable plan where you can get 1 or 2 beers. Any ideas?

Have you considered IVs, straight to the veins?

I brought my son to the Wake game last year to close out Thanksgiving up north, and we drove back to Virginia after. I didn't have a single beer. I had such a great time.

I'm not a monster, I just play one on TV.

It will probably be a little disappointing when they say we need to take your temperature and I drop my drawers. Only to find out their using temporal lobe thermometers. Sir, we just need to swipe your forehead!

Wait, not disappointing, I meant embarrassing.
I think you were right the first time. Some people will be disappointed if you drop your drawers. Not me though. I'll be able to point and say to my wife "See! I told you so!"

We’ve been hearing bad news regarding CFB since late March but the NCAA and schools have continued to operate as if football is happening in the fall. Until there’s something substantive put out by a conference or school I’m going to continue to be optimistic because it’s a healthier way to look at things. Lol

we dont know what we dont know.

if kids wear masks on campus and testing is solid it can work out. If campuses are open and not raging with the virus then no reason fball cant be played with solid testing.

But to expect that there wont be multiple teams that have an issue is also probably a reach too.

I think you were right the first time. Some people will be disappointed if you drop your drawers. Not me though. I'll be able to point and say to my wife "See! I told you so!"

There’s no possible way you could know it’s that small. Stalker.

Anything that will let me get my Fiddlehead draft right outside my section.

Football games are at the mercy of states doing the right things. Wear masks and social distance and you can get some control of the virus. States that are following these precautions are doing well. States and governors who continue to bury their heads in the sand are starting to see disastrous results.

Would fans right now sign up for a plan that guarantees football if they are willing to commit to zero fans all season?

I feel like a lot wouldnt (especially in SEC country)

Status
Not open for further replies.