Looking forward to the Angry Smokehouse | Syracusefan.com

Looking forward to the Angry Smokehouse

GoSU96

Living Legend
I went to the Dino went it first opened, nothing against them, but it will be great to get some Texas style here

It’s a big space, think they’ll do great based on the garlic

Why are these people so Angry?

Weird name, good food.
I gotta try it. Haven't even been to Angry I yet.

Sounds awesome.

Why are these people so Angry?

Weird name, good food.
Haven’t been to the smokehouse, but I cant stand the Angry Garlic. Have never had good food there. Also, due to the design (small dining area, uncarpeted floors) it’s really loud. Good for a bar, not so much for dining.

Haven’t been to the smokehouse, but I cant stand the Angry Garlic. Have never had good food there. Also, due to the design (small dining area, uncarpeted floors) it’s really loud. Good for a bar, not so much for dining.
You’re definitely in the minority. Maybe you just aren’t a fan of garlic?

It was tight and loud, for sure, but I've had success with the food there. Definitely one of my top options in that area.

That name, though...

Mark, I was thinking of you and was going to tag you, they have a shiner sign behind the bar. Grabbed a brisket and hot link combo for lunch. Outstanding.
Gave my son my Shiner sign.

Brisket is one of those things you can't fake. Can't be hurried and a few ways to muck it up.

The ring on the meat tells all.

I like the Angry Garlic but agree the noise even during a weekday can be distracting. I couldn't even hear my daughter when she was talking to me as the echo or whatever it is amphiphiles sound pretty very well.

Excited about the Smokehouse but have to admit my wife at first glance at the menu ain't too thrilled with the choices including the sides but that said, have to try them first to actually decide.

SmilinBob southern and Texas BBQ sides are comfort food. Whole different attitude when you enter. Your wife at least will try it so that is good. Get the brisket (lean) the first time if she wants to cut down on the fat.

Hopefully they add a few sides over time. GA Brunswick Stew and Texas Borracho/Charro Beans come to mind. I'd love it if they do NY Firemen (Cornell) Chicken too for out of state folks to enjoy.

On my list to do this summer.

A friend of mine and I went last night and thought everything was fantastic. I prefer all their meats to Dinosaur. I had brisket, ribs, pulled pork, smoked corn, brussel sprouts and hush puppies. We had stuffed jalapenos for an appetizer. The smoked corn was my favorite side. The Brisket was super tender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom