Lunardi only has five ACC teams in | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi only has five ACC teams in

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
and Clemson is his last team in. So, besides calling Lunardi an ass for over rating the B1G again with eight teams in, I think he is right with the mediocrity of the ACC.

Giving a big assumption that Duke and Miami are the top two teams, and UNC and UVA are the next tier, that creates a huge bubble for the next seven or eight teams. Regardless that four of our first five are on the road; three against top teams-@Virgnia, @Duke, @UNC, it will give the team a big opportunity to make a splash.

I think a good OOC record will be 8-3, anything better would be a huge success, but the only thing that really matters will be that the team is confident going into the ACC portion of the schedule. Nothing would make me happier than to see the squad leave John Paul Jones with a win.

Playing Virginia early might be to Syracuse's advantage. There are a lot of new bits to UVa's team, and it's going to take a while to gel. Of course, Syracuse is implementing new schemes with a new coach, so I imagine the Orange will experience some growing pains, too. Regardless, I think Virginia will be most vulnerable early in the year injuries not withstanding.

and Clemson is his last team in. So, besides calling Lunardi an ass for over rating the B1G again with eight teams in, I think he is right with the mediocrity of the ACC.

Giving a big assumption that Duke and Miami are the top two teams, and UNC and UVA are the next tier, that creates a huge bubble for the next seven or eight teams. Regardless that four of our first five are on the road; three against top teams-@Virgnia, @Duke, @UNC, it will give the team a big opportunity to make a splash.

I think a good OOC record will be 8-3, anything better would be a huge success, but the only thing that really matters will be that the team is confident going into the ACC portion of the schedule. Nothing would make me happier than to see the squad leave John Paul Jones with a win.

I call B.S. on that. I think there are a lot of things that would make you happier than a win at Virginia.

Playing Virginia early might be to Syracuse's advantage. There are a lot of new bits to UVa's team, and it's going to take a while to gel. Of course, Syracuse is implementing new schemes with a new coach, so I imagine the Orange will experience some growing pains, too. Regardless, I think Virginia will be most vulnerable early in the year injuries not withstanding.

Both teams I expect will be much less desirable for others to play by later in the year.

I call B.S. on that. I think there are a lot of things that would make you happier than a win at Virginia.
Winning a big lottery might exceed my giddiness of winning in Charlottesville. That way I can establish a Syracusefan.com box at the dome. Speaking of which, who took over Adam's box and who is going to sit in his special còurtside table seats.

if lunardi was handling my 401K then i guess i'm living in a cardboard box when i retire. dude is wrong more than ketchup on applesauce.

Sorry to GBO and Joe but Clemson in the tourney- I don't see it.
Will be the most talented team of the Brownell era but sadly I'm with you. Schedule is too tough.

Clemson is gonna be pretty good and can make the tourney. PJ Hall, Chase Hunter and Girard is a good nucleus. plus they have a couple of other good pieces. But I hope we can beat them—both times.

Their issue will be similar to ours the past couple of years. They will have no issue scoring.

I'm bullish the ACC can retake some ground in the conference prestige wars this year in general.

Their issue will be similar to ours the past couple of years. They will have no issue scoring.

I'm bullish the ACC can retake some ground in the conference prestige wars this year in general.
As long as we’re apart of it, I’m all in!

Just want to be in the thick of things like we’re supposed to!

Going forward, If Syracuse and Louisville get back to themselves, this conference will rival anyone at the top of the league.

Last night felt like we went back in time. Game never felt in doubt- we should have won by 30 but toyed with them at times too much getting lazy. Confidence and swagger and run and gun. Lots of dunks and explosive drives to the rim. Big guy in the middle making life miserable for those trying to score on him.

All without the best player on the team for the whole game and the best front court player for a half.

I take nothing for granted with a game that doesn't count nor can we predict much until we play some real games. That said there was no denying some of the things out there that haven't been for a while.

Last edited:
We have the same odds as Pitt and FSU to win the regular season ACC lol. People expect us to be trash.

Anyone see opening night point spreads yet it’s less than a week away?

Waaay toooo early to hear that stooges name. Can I take my morning dump first ?

Waaay toooo early to hear that stooges name. Can I take my morning dump first ?
1:38 pm post - Either you need more fiber in your diet, or you're posting from a different time zone and the time stamp on my page doesn't reflect that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom