Lydon on Draft Express | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

You do know these mock drafts have Europeans projected right? It's not like they ignore the European market.

Well aware. And also aware that no dude writing for cbs sports or bleacher report has ever seen a single minute of those guys live so they all just piggy back off each other and some might have 1 Euro in the late 1st but think Fords latest has 3 or 4 Euros in the 20s.

Well aware. And also aware that no dude writing for cbs sports or bleacher report has ever seen a single minute of those guys live so they all just piggy back off each other and some might have 1 Euro in the late 1st but think Fords latest has 3 or 4 Euros in the 20s.

Yeah I'm not a big Ford guy. There's a reason he's being replaced.

It amazes me that it seems like it's almost forgotten around that we're losing him and his contributions next year. Never mind White and Gillon either.

He left early this automatically means:

Not ready for NBA
Not athletic enough for the NBA
Doesn't have enough all around game
D-league
Doesn't translate
Not a first rounder
No NBA skills

Actual subconscious thoughts, translation:
Double doo doo we are screwed without this guy.

Not ready for NBA
D-league
Doesn't translate
Not a first rounder
No NBA skills

Add to the bottom of the list "We're actually better with (insert incoming same positioned freshman) than him."

Not ready for NBA
D-league
Doesn't translate
Not a first rounder
No NBA skills

And his salary won't be that great when you account for taxes

At 3-1 I might jump on that as I think hes going to go in the 20s and could without question go in the 30s. To act like thats impossible is just internet message board nonsense.

Feel free to. I could use a free hundo.

I guess someone could say the same about people who cherry pick every mock draft that is published that don't have him going in the first round.

Axe did an article that I attached that 9 out of 15 mocks had him going in the first round, but all you ever see here are the ones that point out otherwise. Also he's working out for the Pistons next week which is extremely interesting to me as they pick 12th. He's also got 4 or 5 other workouts setup with teams picking in the first round. I'm not guaranteeing he goes first because you never know what can happen, but the evidence strongly suggests he will more likely be picked in the first than the second.

Regarding the Pistons, they're reportedly pretty desperate to trade the pick; wouldn't surprise me if this is just due diligence in case they trade down in the draft.

Not ready for NBA
D-league
Doesn't translate
Not a first rounder
No NBA skills

Also, despite all of those shortcomings, if he spent another year in college, he'd be a lotto pick.

Feel free to. I could use a free hundo.

Add in your guarantees of Tyus in the lotto next year and Thompson in the top 23 or whatever it is at even odds and I'll go a hundo on each.

Not ready for NBA
D-league
Doesn't translate
Not a first rounder
No NBA skills

Think you nailed pretty much all of them. Its so damn stupid though because no 19 or 20 year old kid is "ready" for the NBA. Malcolm Brogdon might win the frickin ROY this year but that doesn't mean Brandon Ingram is garbage and made a bad decision. Think half the folks on here either do not watch the NBA or certainly do not understand it. Lydon is as ready for the NBA as nearly anyone in this draft. Might be a few kids like Bam with a more NBA-ready body but Lydon's skill set and experience are going to be far more valuable at least in the short term and his floor is way higher than a kid like Justin Patton who may never be anything besides 7 foot tall.

Think you nailed pretty much all of them. Its so damn stupid though because no 19 or 20 year old kid is "ready" for the NBA. Malcolm Brogdon might win the frickin ROY this year but that doesn't mean Brandon Ingram is garbage and made a bad decision. Think half the folks on here either do not watch the NBA or certainly do not understand it. Lydon is as ready for the NBA as nearly anyone in this draft. Might be a few kids like Bam with a more NBA-ready body but Lydon's skill set and experience are going to be far more valuable at least in the short term and his floor is way higher than a kid like Justin Patton who may never be anything besides 7 foot tall.

People look at Tyler and think correctly that he would really struggle to be a main option on an NBA team right now. They fail to realize that he won't be in that role. He can shoot, rebound, finish and space the floor at 6-9. I agree that most of the posters who complain the most about kids leaving early do not watch much NBA. They don't know how different it is, how the rotations work and what GM's are placing value on these days.

People look at Tyler and think correctly that he would really struggle to be a main option on an NBA team right now. They fail to realize that he won't be in that role. He can shoot, rebound, finish and space the floor at 6-9. I agree that most of the posters who complain the most about kids leaving early do not watch much NBA. They don't know how different it is, how the rotations work and what GM's are placing value on these days.

Exactly, with a pick in the 20s a team is hoping to get a guy that if lucky can make the rotation in year 1 but more likely in year 2. If Tyler is playing 15 mins a night next year and hitting 40% of corner 3s while playing decent D then he's a success.

It's like when people say "Well, how will early entrant X guard Russell Westbrook?"

The answer is he won't. Nobody guards Russell Westbrook.

So don't draft based on that. Draft based on other stuff that can be done.

It's like when people say "Well, how will early entrant X guard Russell Westbrook?"

The answer is he won't. Nobody guards Russell Westbrook.

So don't draft based on that. Draft based on other stuff that can be done.

Crazy to think Westbrook averaged 8 points, 2, rebounds, and 2 assists in college. If he went to the NBA from Syracuse people here would have been even more angry than they were/are about Malachi and Lydon.

"He wasn't an Alpha in college"

Crazy to think Westbrook averaged 8 points, 2, rebounds, and 2 assists in college. If he went to the NBA from Syracuse people here would have been even more angry than they were/are about Malachi and Lydon.

"He wasn't an Alpha in college"

He played on a really good team, with a lot of talent.

Fwiw, Westbrook didn't play much as a freshmen. He did average 13-4-4 as a soph, not amazing or anything, just saying

Whats that got to do with anything? You think Darren Collison was better?

The shots weren't there for him, no he isn't better than Collison right now, Collison had a pretty good college career, had westbrook played on a less talented team he could have scored a lot more points per game.

The shots weren't there for him, no he isn't better than Collison right now, Collison had a pretty good college career, had westbrook played on a less talented team he could have scored a lot more points per game.

He played 34 minutes a game. Weird that you make excuses for every other guy that comes out early besides ours.

He played 34 minutes a game. Weird that you make excuses for every other guy that comes out early besides ours.

He was on a loaded team, Collison was a really good college player, Kevin Love was a stud, they also had some other really good players. Its not making an excuse, its not bashing any of our guys, its just the reality.

He was on a loaded team, Collison was a really good college player, Kevin Love was a stud, they also had some other really good players. Its not making an excuse, its not bashing any of our guys, its just the reality.

I'm pretty sure if he played here and declared after averaging 12, 4 and 4 in 34 MPG while being the number 4 option you of all people would have freaked out.

I'm pretty sure if he played here and declared after averaging 12, 4 and 4 in 34 MPG while being the number 4 option you of all people would have freaked out.

Not if we went to the final four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom