Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

Ok...So he made the right choice?

Not sure what your point is

In a normal draft year he doesn't sniff the lottery. Him or his agent were smart enough to cash in on a garbage draft.

I would bet (and I'm not a gambler) that if Tyler Lydon had gone to any other school that offered him, that he wouldn't be a draft prospect at all. SU has been great for its' players NBA aspirations.

Tyler Lydon - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Any doubt if Chase Jeter came to SU he'd be draft fodder this year? If 2 deep bench warners at Duke like a Jeter or Giles were on SU this year? A Duke throw away, Mike Gbinije, is on Detroits' roster with a 3 year deal. Amazing if you really think of it all.

upload_2017-3-20_16-53-7.png

Interesting...

I would bet (and I'm not a gambler) that if Tyler Lydon had gone to any other school that offered him, that he wouldn't be a draft prospect at all. SU has been great for its' players NBA aspirations.

Tyler Lydon - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Any doubt if Chase Jeter came to SU he'd be draft fodder this year? If 2 deep bench warners at Duke like a Jeter or Giles were on SU this year? A Duke throw away, Mike Gbinije, is on Detroits' roster with a 3 year deal. Amazing if you really think of it all.

This is why I don't understand why 5* guys go to Duke and UK to rot on the bench. The thought that Coach K and Calipari develop NBA players is fallacy.

^^^^My line of thought too. Why not do what Malachi did and get some feedback?
Because he will already be 21 when the 2017-18 NBA season starts and shows up as a late first rounder in most of the more reputable mocks.

Lydon is not that good. However he should stay another year and be one of the best players around (yes I know I said he's not that good) to make my team better.

Come back, get stronger, be a go to guy, and be a lottery pick next year! I know that won't happen because juniors are almost never lottery picks and I don't really even give a f where he gets picked I just want him to help my favorite team win more games. In fact, if he does come back next year I'll just repeat
all this again about how he needs to come back for his senior year.

How'd I do?
You forgot the part about how you can't really put a dollar value on the college experience, and how he'll miss out on playing in front of 30,000 fans every night.

You forgot the part about how you can't really put a dollar value on the college experience, and how he'll miss out on playing in front of 30,000 fans every night.

Things that you're assuming Lydon should value as much as you think he should.

I wonder if we just took the Malachi Richardson declares thread from last year, relabelled it as "lydon to hire agent and enter nba draft" and replaced this current thread if anyone would notice the difference... it's basically the same discussion.
I'm just cutting and pasting my posts from last year.

Best NBA analysis I've seen of Tyler. Has him as #37 going to the TWolves otherwise known as purgatory for SU players. Calls him a situational 3 point shooter who will struggle guarding 3's and 4's. Also say he "knows his role" which I disagree with. His role this year was to lead and he didn't. Really like to see him come back to SU because I'm selfish.

NBA Draft Room: 2017 2nd Round

If he's a 1st rounder with guaranteed millions, God bless. I just find it amazing that guys who weren't even 3rd team all ACC are now NBA 1st round picks. Must be a great conference.

If he's a 1st rounder with guaranteed millions, God bless. I just find it amazing that guys who weren't even 3rd team all ACC are now NBA 1st round picks. Must be a great conference.
I didn't realize you had to be an all-conference player to be taken in the first round.

This makes more sense. I won't pass judgment on whether he should leave or not, because I don't know the answer.

What I would pass judgment on is him giving up the ability to come back before getting the pre-draft assessment. I think that would be a horrible decision.

I'm not sure why people are jumping off a bridge about next year already. I believe we have 2 legit scorers who should improve even more this summer - and even better, one is a big man and one is a guard. The top of the zone with Howard/Battle should be way better than this year.

We have some young question marks - but shouldn't we wait to see what Brisset/Moyer/Sidibe have before we call next season a waste? For all we know they could all come in and contribute. More is riding on Howard - but I think perhaps without looking over his shoulder he'll play looser.

I'm excited to see a bunch of young guys next year that will hopefully be around for a while in Brisset/Moyer/Sidibe/Washington. Because guess what? If those 4 guys look like contributors and JB gets a good recruiting class for 2018, the groundwork is set.

Battle has the ability and mindset to be a 1st team-all-ACC type guy next year. Let's see if he gets even better this summer. I honestly expect both him and TT to leave after next year.

I do think we need at least 1 grad transfer who could slide in on the wing. But IMO this time last year things looked way worse.

I'm not sure why people are jumping off a bridge about next year already. I believe we have 2 legit scorers who should improve even more this summer - and even better, one is a big man and one is a guard. The top of the zone with Howard/Battle should be way better than this year.

We have some young question marks - but shouldn't we wait to see what Brisset/Moyer/Sidibe have before we call next season a waste? For all we know they could all come in and contribute. More is riding on Howard - but I think perhaps without looking over his shoulder he'll play looser.

I'm excited to see a bunch of young guys next year that will hopefully be around for a while in Brisset/Moyer/Sidibe/Washington. Because guess what? If those 4 guys look like contributors and JB gets a good recruiting class for 2018, the groundwork is set.

Battle has the ability and mindset to be a 1st team-all-ACC type guy next year. Let's see if he gets even better this summer. I honestly expect both him and TT to leave after next year.

I do think we need at least 1 grad transfer who could slide in on the wing. But IMO this time last year things looked way worse.
I can picture Battle/Thompson/Moyer in the gym today pumping iron knowing that next year is their team. Those three will be the vocal leaders. Hopefully Chukwu and Frankie are on board as well. We definitely need more depth but I don't know that the sky is falling either. Hopefully we can still get another guard and wing player to fill out the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom