"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Stadium announcement as part of hotel deal with naming rights? Bypass the city using county Ida. Anyone anyone?
Well I don't know who this Ida person is but the rest sounds pretty good.

Wow. This could be nuts. I am
Being serious. Something big is going down

Do you know what the "something big" is? Or rather have an inclination? I mean we get it if you can't tell us so as not to get a source in trouble, but just curious if you have what you would consider confirmable info or if you and/or your source(s) are speculating at this point?

Also do we know who is making the announcement? This would go a long ways to narrowing this down. If it's just Schafer, might not be university level crazy, if it's the new chancellor, you have to think stadium talk (naming rights included) have to be on the table as being a really serious contender for major announcement

Three words:

Manhattan.
Syracuse.
Monorail.

"Is there a chance the track could bend?"

Paid for by the Destiny USA people? Fine by me.

I'd bet that sucker would make Destiny zillions of dollars, and the University quite a bit as well. Especially if they can get other business to help supplement the costs.

Do you know what the "something big" is? Or rather have an inclination? I mean we get it if you can't tell us so as not to get a source in trouble, but just curious if you have what you would consider confirmable info or if you and/or your source(s) are speculating at this point?

Also do we know who is making the announcement? This would go a long ways to narrowing this down. If it's just Schafer, might not be university level crazy, if it's the new chancellor, you have to think stadium talk (naming rights included) have to be on the table as being a really serious contender for major announcement

Naming rights wouldn't get anything built.

The truly insane thing would be if Congel decided to do it, they have the land and parking and basic traffic set up. Partner with AEG. I doubt he has the cash or the ability to finance the whole thing.

Paid for by the Destiny USA people? Fine by me.

I'd bet that sucker would make Destiny zillions of dollars, and the University quite a bit as well. Especially if they can get other business to help supplement the costs.

What would make zillions of dollars? A train?

What would make zillions of dollars? A train?
Adding a direct line from Manhattan (or any spot in NYC) straight to Destiny USA which could somehow be adapted to allow for transportation to SU.

If NYC people will hop on busses to go to the Waterloo premium outlets (which is a garbage mall btw) they will certainly hop on a train in droves to go to Destiny for day shopping trips. Obviously zillions is an exaggeration, but no doubt in my mind it would be a highly profitable idea for the mall long term. That said startup capital would be enormous

Libero2 said:
Adding a direct line from Manhattan (or any spot in NYC) straight to Destiny USA which could somehow be adapted to allow for transportation to SU. If NYC people will hop on busses to go to the Waterloo premium outlets (which is a garbage mall btw) they will certainly hop on a train in droves to go to Destiny for day shopping trips.

Six hours on the train to go shopping in upstate NY when there's a ton of shopping near the city??

Adding a direct line from Manhattan (or any spot in NYC) straight to Destiny USA which could somehow be adapted to allow for transportation to SU.

If NYC people will hop on busses to go to the Waterloo premium outlets (which is a garbage mall btw) they will certainly hop on a train in droves to go to Destiny for day shopping trips.

People are going to leave MANHATTAN to shop in Syracuse? In droves? Okay.

I'm thinking this is huge also. Jason Poles is posting on facebook. People on twitter. They are definitely building up hype. They ain't doing that for new unis only.

People are going to leave MANHATTAN to shop in Syracuse? In droves? Okay.

If people are going to get on a bus to go to the mall in Waterloo which is literally useless (and I grew up near there and went to the mall quite a bit as a kid, and worked there while in HS and summers as an undergrad) and has nothing on Eastview, Marketplace and the new Destiny, they sure as heck will get on a train to shop at Destiny.

When I used to work at Polo Ralph Lauren, i used to ask the people why the came all the way up here, and they told me it's because the prices were incredibly cheap compared to what goes on in NYC. Believe what you want, but people would go to Destiny from Manhattan just to shop.

Libero2 said:
If people are going to get on a bus to go to the mall in Waterloo which is literally useless (and I grew up near there and went to the mall quite a bit as a kid, and worked there while in HS and summers as an undergrad) and has nothing on Eastview, Marketplace and the new Destiny, they sure as heck will get on a train to shop at Destiny. When I used to work at Polo Ralph Lauren, i used to ask the people why the came all the way up here, and they told me it's because the prices were incredibly cheap compared to what goes on in NYC. Believe what you want, but people would go to Destiny from Manhattan just to shop.

Will they stop off at the Dome for football game after shopping? How does a shopping train benefit SU football?

cuseguy said:
Will they stop off at the Dome for football game after shopping? How does a shopping train benefit SU football?

Hey now you don't need to bring a garbage bag for your coat. You can just shove your coat in one of the many bags you have carried in from your day of shopping.

Niko just said that it would be more than just uniforms and that it would be "fun" for SU fans. Either the #44 thing or transportation to and from NYC and/or the Dome through Destiny and the railroad staiton across the street would seem to fit the bill.

Well a train is a huge undertaking. Right now they come up the Hudson through Albany. Follow the thruway. Anything else would take years to build, and land rights, etc. I don't see any way to really stream line people from NYC to Syracuse without a ton of red tape, etc. Unless they are going to fly charter planes up for the game for NYC fans or something.
Stadium and naming rights are definite possibilities. Or naming of the practice facility.
I still like my #44, because I know it has been kicked around.
Dam Kim, you've really thrown us with the NYC reference. Although it says they may "take part". If that means take part in the press conference, it may not have to do specifically with NYC. They did that whole flash dance thing for National Orange day. Maybe they will recreate it as part of the announcement, and show it in Syracuse.

Now being reported by several people that there will be TWO announcements.

llandz said:
Now being reported by several people that there will be TWO announcements.

Just guessing but one will be the unveiling of the new uni's, the twist being they will have the #44 on at least one (the last one unveiled) as they reintroduce the #44.

The second announcement as others have surmised has to have some Destiny USA connection to it otherwise the presser wouldn't be at Destiny. What that is is anyone's guess which there have been many of here.

My official guess: New stadium as a part of Destiny, underwritten with money from the State and Congel. Kind of like how the old Indianapolis dome was connected to a big mall.

Also new Uni's featuring a chrome orange helmet.

Well a train is a huge undertaking. Right now they come up the Hudson through Albany. Follow the thruway. Anything else would take years to build, and land rights, etc. I don't see any way to really stream line people from NYC to Syracuse without a ton of red tape, etc. Unless they are going to fly charter planes up for the game for NYC fans or something.
Stadium and naming rights are definite possibilities. Or naming of the practice facility.
I still like my #44, because I know it has been kicked around.
Dam Kim, you've really thrown us with the NYC reference. Although it says they may "take part". If that means take part in the press conference, it may not have to do specifically with NYC. They did that whole flash dance thing for National Orange day. Maybe they will recreate it as part of the announcement, and show it in Syracuse.
Settle down

Any chance that Nike has somehow incorporated a train theme/Elmira Express into at least one of the new uniforms to coincide with this announcement?

Sorry if suggested earlier...

SUOrange44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom