Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

i mean...I get it...he's a great player and did everything right...really easy to root for etc...

BUT

maybe wait and see how the roster shakes out...?

I have a feeling Brown wouldve been a bench option at best this year and wanted to start

they're probably bringing in some good forwards and a center and therefore brown might not fit as a starter ...

at the end of the day, what is brown's position? not a center...not a small forward...

freeman, the 5 star mcd's all american is a power forward, right?

plus they will probably bring in at least 1 other forward that can play PF...so...idk

Brown "deserves" to start...but I don't think he wouldve next season...so ...
I wish I was this optimistic. You must really think we're doing some serious upgrading this offseason to think that he'd be coming off the bench. I just don't see it. He was out best defender by a mile and had the best FG % . Huge, gigantic loss

If it's because he doesn't want to play the 5 then wouldn't our coaches convince him he would play the 4 by being active in the portal for a good transfer 5? (Which we haven't been) he saw the writing on the wall or was told he's getting a bag from somewhere else.
Mix of playing 5, bigger bag most likely and his best friend leaving.

If it's because he doesn't want to play the 5 then wouldn't our coaches convince him he would play the 4 by being active in the portal for a good transfer 5? (Which we haven't been) he saw the writing on the wall or was told he's getting a bag from somewhere else.
Then we have to tell our best recruit in a decade he has to come off the bench

Didn't want to play the 5
Yes but in order to get a good C, so Maliq can play the 4, you need top tier NIL. Good centers cost much more than good guards

I hope for Maliq's sake he goes somewhere with center depth and an empty starting spot at PF. I don't like it for us at all, but unfortunately, that's the game I guess. Don't blame him at all.

I wish I was this optimistic. You must really think we're doing some serious upgrading this offseason to think that he'd be coming off the bench. I just don't see it. He was out best defender by a mile and had the best FG % . Huge, gigantic loss
i dont want him at center...after seeing him get absolutely torched by players like filipowski, burns, kydd etc

(i mean there are teams and times when having him at center is a great option...but not against size and scoring)

and I want the mcds all american starting

and I want another forward that can score starting

with all the talent in the portal, i dont think it will be hard to find a C and a forward

this actually makes me optimistic that some good players must be coming in the portal

red must have got some good players and told brown he wont start next year...and make his decision for his future...stay and fight for a spot or leave and start somewhere else

something must have changed...so what was it???

im assuming more competition for minutes...which is what we all should want...even if it means losing brown

Can I enter my fandom in the transfer portal?
I’m just so disheartened with the new college athletics system.
I’d like to thank Syracuse University and the entire Syracuse community for giving me some of the greatest moments of my life, but I have to do what’s best for me and my health and that is why I am transferring my loyalties to the NC State Wolfpack for next weekend. Please respect my decision and I will not be taking questions.

I hope for Maliq's sake he goes somewhere with center depth and an empty starting spot at PF. I don't like it for us at all, but unfortunately, that's the game I guess. Don't blame him at all.
I bet he’ll get a lot of attention. He can fit on almost any team

I think we need to trust that Red had to blow this thing up. We had some who didn't buy in and we had roster fit issues. We need guys at their right positions so maybe we will look back later and see this actually was best for everyone. Brown wasn't going to come off the bench.

I see him at a much bigger/traditional power than Clemson. He's the perfect complementary option/glue-guy for a top 5-15 team.

So what he would be doing here (because that's what he is).

So what he would be doing here (because that's what he is).
yes...but at a school that can win the title next season. Not hope to be off the bubble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom