Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

DJ Burns Jr.!

Just wish he was a rim protector
Name 3 rim protectors in college bball that are in the portal.
Is Brown a rim protector?
Name former SU centers who were good rim protectors

Very few, I'd say maybe 1 or 2% of all college teams have true rim protectors.
We need guys who can defend other bigs, rebound, set solid picks, demand the opposition to defend them and distribute. This kid does that.
If we need a rim protector McClead has proven he is very capable at that.
We are now set at the 5. Three true Centers. Each with different skill sets.
We need to add another scoring forward and a pg.

There was just an article that it was 2-2.5. I hope they met that number or it was a massive failure.
What difference does it make what our goals are? Either we raise the money or we don't. I'm sure the University would love to see us first in NIL money. But that is up to the donors. Not the school.

Name 3 rim protectors in college bball that are in the portal.
Is Brown a rim protector?
Name former SU centers who were good rim protectors

Very few, I'd say maybe 1 or 2% of all college teams have true rim protectors.
We need guys who can defend other bigs, rebound, set solid picks, demand the opposition to defend them and distribute. This kid does that.
If we need a rim protector McClead has proven he is very capable at that.
We are now set at the 5. Three true Centers. Each with different skill sets.
We need to add another scoring forward and a pg.
McLeod is terrible. We should all be rooting for Patterson to pass him.

Brown knew Freeman was committed for a long time.

Brown says he’s coming back three weeks ago.

Lampkin officially enters the portal the same day Brown does…and Lampkin is in Central NY a day later.

Losing Maliq stinks but Red is making moves.
Interesting. So you think Red told Maliq “Lampkin is coming, I hope you stay” and Maliq bailed .

To me that says Red was OK losing Maliq if that meant we got Lampkin.

Can’t wait to see what else he has up his sleeve

EvanMiya currently has Maliq as the 6th best available transfer (he was 8th but DeVries and Gillespie committed)

Brown knew Freeman was committed for a long time.

Brown says he’s coming back three weeks ago.

Lampkin officially enters the portal the same day Brown does…and Lampkin is in Central NY a day later.

Losing Maliq stinks but Red is making moves.
By all accounts Brown doesn’t want to play center at all so that wouldn’t have anything to do with Lampkin.

Interesting. So you think Red told Maliq “Lampkin is coming, I hope you stay” and Maliq bailed .

I think your second sentence is true - Red wanted a true 5 even if it was at the expense of a good 4. Red's livelihood is on the line, some hard decisions I guess are going to get made.

Like you, interested to see what else is on the horizon.

Dunno, but I think it’s more in what you say above than Autry being clueless and causing a “monumental failure.”

Red’s getting after it, IMO.

Love Maliq as a person and player. I know he was probably the most important player on the team next year. But hear me out…

Donnie is preparing to be a one and done (sure I know we have heard that before) but that’s truly
The case. I will absolutely trade a player who is going to be drafted as high as a lottery pick after his first year to get some sustainability with this high level type of prospect. Syracuse needs to get guys drafted and Freeman provides that opportunity. That helps recruiting so much and the program needs that. I’m fine with the trade because 2-3 years down the road, Freeman’s impact will be felt longer

McLeod is terrible. We should all be rooting for Patterson to pass him.
Patterson is in a great position to get better. With the addition of Lampkin, he now will be practicing everyday against 6'11 265 and 7'4 250. Perfect opportunity to get some reps against big dudes and improve his game. Rooting for him to make a jump this year.

Love Maliq as a person and player. I know he was probably the most important player on the team next year. But hear me out…

Donnie is preparing to be a one and done (sure I know we have heard that before) but that’s truly
The case. I will absolutely trade a player who is going to be drafted as high as a lottery pick after his first year to get some sustainability with this high level type of prospect. Syracuse needs to get guys drafted and Freeman provides that opportunity. That helps recruiting so much and the program needs that. I’m fine with the trade because 2-3 years down the road, Freeman’s impact will be felt longer
And if he goes down Chris McCullogh style, is Red prepared for what that type of season looks like without depth at the position, yet again?

Some of the big guys here have been saying it before the ACC tournament. No reason not to believe them.
But...where would Brown be playing with Freeman coming in?

I think the odds of Donnie being a one and done are low, and the odds of him being a lottery pick next year are infinitesimal. He needs to develop in a number of ways. But your greater point remains, we do need to get draft picks to get where we need to be overall as a program.

I think the odds of Donnie being a one and done are low, and the odds of him being a lottery pick next year are infinitesimal. He needs to develop in a number of ways. But your greater point remains, we do need to get draft picks to get where we need to be overall as a program.
I think he will be very much like Darius Bazley. His measurables alone will be enticing and a team will be ok with developing him.

Winning helps recruiting.

Yes, we need NBA players, but DF isn't going to be Melo or even Jerami Grant.

People are laying way too much at DF's feet. He's not that guy.

I think he will be very much like Darius Bazley. His measurables alone will be enticing and a team will be ok with developing him.

Sure, a pick, yes. Lottery, no.

And if he goes down Chris McCullogh style, is Red prepared for what that type of season looks like without depth at the position, yet again?

I believe that Red will bring in a transfer to replace Brown. An established player that can backup the forwards and possibly be a small ball center for a handful of minutes. That is of course exhausting all possibility of not being able to lure Brown into coming back. Have to operate like he's not though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom