Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Not only did I like Maliq's game I enjoyed his laid back personality. His portal made no sense ... we were looking to bring in a big C and play Naheem off the bench with Patterson a third option. Soon after that he told media he was happy moving to the 4 (and why wouldn't he be). Then came the news ... portal. Reality set in: Bell cemented at one forward sport; the other earmarked for a 6'9 5 star with a jump shot, length, better (above the rim) defense, and the last brick in the wall set today ~ the back up spot that Maliq might have taken. Brutal imperatives of high-major hoops. I wish Maliq success wherever he goes and will miss his BB IQ, his deflections and his maturity.

Last edited:
It’d be a shame if he wasted a very good potential college career playing 15 mins a game at Duke. Hope he rethinks this and looks at other schools. He’s a very good player but wont start there.

He will help them win, but I don’t really understand what’s in it for him other than a potential bag. He will not be able to show what he can do to any NBA scouts given that he will be at the fifth option on offense. He will not be able to shoot from the outside, or create his own offense off the bounce or in the low post which he needs to show the pros that he can do.

Good for him he can come off the bench while banking more money. And he’s pretty much guaranteed playing in the NCAA tournament. Probably something he’s definitely wanted to experience.

Good for Maliq. He should be coveted by the best programs. BTW, Flagg is going to play SF as well as PF.

If anyone thinks coming off the bench for Syracuse is the same as coming off the bench for the pre-season #1 team, I don't know what to tell you. If he's good enough, the NBA will find him. You don't need to start. I'm sure it's more fun if you are paid more, get to play your natural position and get to play in the tournament.

But it's only Duke, what do they know.

For the posters that dont like the idea of going after our rivals players in the portal, I give you example #369 of it being done to us

He will help them win, but I don’t really understand what’s in it for him other than a potential bag. He will not be able to show what he can do to any NBA scouts given that he will be at the fifth option on offense. He will not be able to shoot from the outside, or create his own offense off the bounce or in the low post which he needs to show the pros that he can do.

Hey, can you tell me who our starting and backup PGs will be next year?

The NBA will find you if you have talent. You do not need to start. Even in the best scenario, he's a long shot for the NBA, he needs to maximize his earnings now.

If he goes there he will transfer again next season. Every player says they are fine sitting the bench for the brotherhood then they all leave after one season. Still a terrible look for us too. Red can’t get this turned around fast enough.

One of the main reasons Maliq entered the portal is because of the NIL offers his camp was hearing.
ok.

in that case, any lingering doubts I had about him going evaporate.

Duke??!?! really?

I thought it was about playing time and role...but if he goes to Duke, then it aint about that.

silly af

i just dont see why he would want to go to be a depth piece for them.

i figured if he left it would be to start somewhere and have an expanded role...not for a demotion...and not for such a sht program/school.

So as bad as some make it, getting a degree from Duke isn't exactly small potatoes. I have no idea if he thinks the NBA is in his future but if he is good with his role and think the fit is good, I mean walking with a degree from there is not shabby if we are being honest. Sure it sucks as a fan but it's the world of free agency now. He was not a head case or poor sport, wish the guy well and tell Freeman to posterize Duke next year for us.

Well the good news is, according to some here, he was a bad defender so we can run our stuff right at him. Have Davis back him down Barkley style.
I’m pretty sure that 99% of the people who had issues with his defense were referring to his work at the 5.

So if Duke wants to guard Lampkin with Brown, we should feed the post every possession.

But Duke won’t play him at the five, Nor did we want to. I think that was the whole point of the criticism.

The whole “Lampkin is a downgrade from Brown” argument just showed some lack of understanding on where the two should play.

Watch Q visit UConn.
IMG_0228.gif

I’m pretty sure that 99% of the people who had issues with his defense were referring to his work at the 5.

So if Duke wants to guard Lampkin with Brown, we should feed the post every possession.

But Duke won’t play him at the five, Nor did we want to. I think that was the whole point of the criticism.

The whole “Lampkin is a downgrade from Brown” argument just showed some lack of understanding on where the two should play.
I never said Lampkin was a downgrade from Brown. Maybe someone else did.

I said "Saying Lampkin will give us more than Brown is a crazy take".

The exact quote I responded to was "Lampkin will give us more than Brown. "

Never said downgrade once. I specifically said it was underselling Brown's D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom