Marek Dolezaj | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Anything short of 1st team all-american and I'm rioting.

Only after we win it all. Marshall Street Marek is bringing it home. Does JB wear a Slovakian hat this time? They have to put him 1st team after snubbing Melo.

The games logs say 41.6% (109/262) . . . and 36% against teams with .500 or better records

yes, the SBL is a low-level league in Eurobasket

yes . . . and Paul Harris was 5 stars.

shouldn't have to explain this but "overhyped" does not mean "bad"
Paul Harris was an athlete.

He was a 5 star athlete. He was undersized and wasn't a good shooter.

He was a junkyard dog player who had an electric motor.

Dolezaj is not the athlete Paul Harris was. He will likely be a better offensive prospect but Harris athleticism advantage made him a better defender.

IMG_1334.JPG

The games logs say 41.6% (109/262) . . . and 36% against teams with .500 or better records

yes, the SBL is a low-level league in Eurobasket

yes . . . and Paul Harris was 5 stars.

shouldn't have to explain this but "overhyped" does not mean "bad"

That low level SBL basketball league full of 20 to 30 year old men would dominate almost all your high school teams full of 15 to 17 year old kids. He played some decent competition. Not sure thats even debatable.

Paul Harris was an athlete.

He was a 5 star athlete. He was undersized and wasn't a good shooter.

He was a junkyard dog player who had an electric motor.

Dolezaj is not the athlete Paul Harris was. He will likely be a better offensive prospect but Harris athleticism advantage made him a better defender.
Not necessarily in the back end of the zone. I like his length. I like his size.

Something is off in those numbers. He made 77 shots out of 155 taken. He shot 32 of 107 from three. That means that he went 45-48 from two? If so, that's impressive.

It's pretty dumb, but I'm pretty sure that FGM-A stat (77/155) is just strictly 2P FGs

The guy above Dolezaj took more 3s than FGs

Yeah, I think you guys are right. The stats sure are done in a funky way over there.

That low level SBL basketball league full of 20 to 30 year old men would dominate almost all your high school teams full of 15 to 17 year old kids. He played some decent competition. Not sure thats even debatable.
I'm well aware of the makeup of that league. The Rochester Razorsharks would go through that league like the Golden State Warriors.

I'm well aware of the makeup of that league. The Rochester Razorsharks would go through that league like the Golden State Warriors.
He said high school. Replace Rochester Razorsharks with Findlay Prep or Oak Hill. Would any of the best high school teams go through that league like Golden State? Not a chance. We're talking grown men, complete with beards and burliness.

Have you watched him play? The kid has skills. Skills that translate anywhere. I like his game. the coaches like his game. I guess you don't. How much have you watched him play?

While the skills may translate I'm not sure if the execution does. No way this kid will be able to handle the ball the way he does in the videos and drive with the ease he does against ACC competition. He also won't be as solid inside.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he's not able to do it but I just can't predict he'll be able to.

We've seen it 100 times throughout the years on guys "losing" skills when they get here, not because they regressed but the level of competition.

At this point the Toni Kukuc comparison might hold more water than the tavern league type player.
Nobody specified if the comparison was 1994 Toni Kukoc or 2017 Toni Kukoc.

While the skills may translate I'm not sure if the execution does. No way this kid will be able to handle the ball the way he does in the videos and drive with the ease he does against ACC competition. He also won't be as solid inside.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he's not able to do it but I just can't predict he'll be able to.

We've seen it 100 times throughout the years on guys "losing" skills when they get here, not because they regressed but the level of competition.
You mean you don't think he will be able to drive in the ACC like he did over there. Of course not. But he will be able to handle the ball. And as far as being solid inside, he will be playing the 3. He won't be inside. He will be on the wing. At long at 6'9 translates well. I hate to be optimistic about the kid. I know that is not well taken in some circles here. I like the kid a lot and think we got a steal late. Sadly, I like Brissett a lot too. We are in tough league. But I think this group, if they can land Thorpe, will be fun. And they will also lose enough games to keep some happy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom