Marek Dolezaj | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Looks like a nice long term type option. I just don't see how he helps much in 17-18. He would play SF by default but I don't know how ready he'd be.

His transition to the US and college may be a tough one. Will he qualify and be cleared? Who knows if the kid will be able to pick up JB's zone well enough to give major minutes right away or if his shot would play.

I think he would add to the Moyer/Brissett competition more than fill the SF need. But at this point, we may have to take what we can get.

does anyone know who else might be recruiting this kid? any competition here?

Yes, Jasoncuse, without Tucker I see no cure for our roster imbalance.
I agree and it's ridiculous if it comes to that. Having just ONE shooter in this day and age is borderline negligent.

I think we are the worst shooting team in the conference as constructed this year. The only team that shot worse than 36 percent from 3 this year was Georgia Tech. That was Battles 3 point percentage and he's our best shooter.

Dolezaj shot 29% from 3 against his Euro competition.

And Florida... and yes, Tech were showing interest a while back.

And Florida... and yes, Tech were showing interest a while back.
thanks. Florida doesn't even have an open scholarship right now even tho they may end up with one but I can't see them making him a priority. seems like we would have a pretty good shot at this kid it he's serious about coming to the states

Lock him down. This kid looks like he can play defense and that's what we are going to have to do in able to compete next year. A decent zone and we can win some games. With defense like last year the "10 F.-ing games" GMAC speech/tirade will be a reality

Could see redshirt for him.
Do Euro kids ever come to a US college to redshirt? I'm sure it's happened but these kids seem to stay in Europe and turn pro more than sticking around on college campuses, no?

"good experience, against high level competition" is what iommi said on page 1. If that's true, he should be able to come in and compete right away I would think.

Recap: all you "sharps" crush the staff for being lazy and not pursuing anybody. You base this on your full and total knowledge of all staff actions and intentions. Meanwhile a guy shows up on campus for an official unbeknownst to basically all of you until you literally read it in the newspaper.

Reaction: smattering of credit given to staff outweighed by many posts diminishing the recruit's talents and fit at Syracuse.

Some real soul searching is in order for many people who post here.

Recap: all you "sharps" crush the staff for being lazy and not pursuing anybody. You base this on your full and total knowledge of all staff actions and intentions. Meanwhile a guy shows up on campus for an official unbeknownst to basically all of you until you literally read it in the newspaper.

Reaction: smattering of credit given to staff outweighed by many posts diminishing the recruit's talents and fit at Syracuse.

Some real soul searching is in order for many people who post here.
Great post. We have a lot of "experts" who think they know what the staff is doing at all times. I guess they don't realize how much texting goes on in the executive restroom. I hope we get this kid and he becomes a great star.

Who's your 2nd shooter? TT? I think he could be but he needs consistency from deep.

TT is a great big man shooter, not from deep, true.

No offense to you or Dolezaj but he's not even close to Tucker's talent. I hope we get him but what you wrote is hyperbolic and based on a few clips against god knows what kind of competition.

Again, I'd love to add this kid but he's not Jordan Tucker.

None taken. I get why people would think he isn't in Tucker's league. I see potential in him for the future. Let's all be honest. We aren't winning it all next year.

Still, we have guys that can develop. A lot of them for a great year that isn't far away. I'm not saying we don't make the Tourney. I think if we add MD, Nahz, or Sid that we will be fine. Throw in a combo guard 5th year transfer, and we're good to go. I'll take Sid, and the Euro then we're good to go as well.

I'm big on HW, and Frank so I'm not in the camp of many. Just need a 3, and someone to backup Tyus. I think the latter will be harder to get. As he will know he isn't getting many minutes. Possibly why we don't get Ayala. No inside knowledge, just my opinion.

I get that some folks just want to hammer our staff but it's obviously not a reach to think this is a developmental player. It is fair on a message board to bring that up and discuss how that will impact our roster.

None taken. I get why people would think he isn't in Tucker's league. I see potential in him for the future. Let's all be honest. We aren't winning it all next year.

Still, we have guys that can develop. A lot of them for a great year that isn't far away. I'm not saying we don't make the Tourney. I think if we add MD, Nahz, or Sid that we will be fine. Throw in a combo guard 5th year transfer, and we're good to go. I'll take Sid, and the Euro then we're good to go as well.

I'm big on HW, and Frank so I'm not in the camp of many. Just need a 3, and someone to backup Tyus. I think the latter will be harder to get. As he will know he isn't getting many minutes. Possibly why we don't get Ayala. No inside knowledge, just my opinion.

Excellent post.

yeah our roster for 17-18 is looking developmental (sans Tyus/Taurean) with hopes of immediate surprises...
I'd say if at least two of the "developers" surprise in year 1 we'll be good enough to dance...
otherwise, oh well

This kid is a skilled version of Ongaenet. I like him more than Kansas' Ukrainian kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom