Marek Dolezaj | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

But, but, but...I heard Junior Frank is the next coming of Magic Johnson! We can't possibly expect him to come off the bench.
Lame sarcasm alert. No one has said anything like that. No need to be so negative.

I am excited for Dolezaj, however... I'm not sure the competition was very good in these and there were vidoes of guys like Roberson doing some things like this (yes including a few dribbles) against mediocre competition. From what I saw, I really like his aggressiveness with the ball, his athletic ability looks spectacular (looked like 8 foot rims in a couple of these highlights), and his apparent awareness. His handle, I'm not sure. I don't think many of those dribble moves end in success at the ACC level. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do for sure.

I am excited for Dolezaj, however... I'm not sure the competition was very good in these and there were vidoes of guys like Roberson doing some things like this (yes including a few dribbles) against mediocre competition. From what I saw, I really like his aggressiveness with the ball, his athletic ability looks spectacular (looked like 8 foot rims in a couple of these highlights), and his apparent awareness. His handle, I'm not sure. I don't think many of those dribble moves end in success at the ACC level. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do for sure.

If you start at about 21 seconds, there are 2 highlights in a row that he dribbles by and through the entire team.

Competition may not be elite level - but he was still playing against a Russian National team.

This kid is a freak. I think the skepticism will fade quickly. Any concerns about his ability against ACC level talent will dissipate before we hit league play. He makes it look easy, so I can see the concerns that it must be the competition. But, what he's doing isn't easy.

This kid is a freak. I think the skepticism will fade quickly. Any concerns about his ability against ACC level talent will dissipate before we hit league play. He makes it look easy, so I can see the concerns that it must be the competition. But, what he's doing isn't easy.
I kind of agree with you but my biggest concern is watching him which I admit I haven't done a huge amount of is that he isn't a great shooter in the film. He is great and driving and getting up and being aggressive. If we have TT/Sidibe at the 5 and play a 3 man rotation of Brissett/Marek/Moyer at the forward spot then we are not getting much perimeter shooting from our 3 forwards. We are going to have to play much better defense and get out in transition or we will be in trouble.

I kind of agree with you but my biggest concern is watching him which I admit I haven't done a huge amount of is that he isn't a great shooter in the film. He is great and driving and getting up and being aggressive. If we have TT/Sidibe at the 5 and play a 3 man rotation of Brissett/Marek/Moyer at the forward spot then we are not getting much perimeter shooting from our 3 forwards. We are going to have to play much better defense and get out in transition or we will be in trouble.

I can see the concerns, but I believe that we will have enough perimeter shooting from the big 3 at forward. Plus, transition is when we excel.

Love what White did last year, but much rather we get out, and run. Forwards that can rebound, and run are the key. Instead of a rebound, find the guard to pass to, then run one set before having to chuck a shot. Gillon saved us a lot with that last season.

We thrive with forwards who grab, and go. This team is gonna be fun to watch fly up, and down. I'll take a dunk, or layup over a three point attempt all day.

Not to say you wouldn't either, or that we don't need shooters. But, I think the trio can shoot well enough, so that we will have that threat from the wing as well to open the lane.

That made me laugh, for some reason. I also got flashbacks of the one time Onuaku took it coast to coast.

AO was determined on that one, lol. Its easy to forget how good he was the last two years of college. If he doesn't get hurt in that BET game I'm convinced we would have won NC. We lost in a tight wrestling match to Butler who made the NC game and gave Duke all they could handle.

AO was determined on that one, lol. Its easy to forget how good he was the last two years of college. If he doesn't get hurt in that BET game I'm convinced we would have won NC. We lost in a tight wrestling match to Butler who made the NC game and gave Duke all they could handle.

Ugh...don't remind me. The '09-10 season was one of my all-time favorites and the ending to it just sucked. No doubt in my mind that JB would have #2 if AO hadn't gotten injured. Actually, he very well may have gotten #3 two years later if not for the Fab debacle. A championship game of that SU team against that Anthony Davis UK team would have been epic.

Ugh...don't remind me. The '09-10 season was one of my all-time favorites and the ending to it just sucked. No doubt in my mind that JB would have #2 if AO hadn't gotten injured. Actually, he very well may have gotten #3 two years later if not for the Fab debacle. A championship game of that SU team against that Anthony Davis UK team would have been epic.

Those could have been #3 and #4.

Candy and Nuts, (with the emphasis on the "Nuts!")

Screenshot_20170826-104339.png

He's on his way!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom