Marek Dolezaj | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

I take these games with a grain of salt. He's obviously their only player so his role is expanded. That won't be the case here - he can be a role player who has good games and limited games. His skill level is high no debate.

I take these games with a grain of salt. He's obviously their only player so his role is expanded. That won't be the case here - he can be a role player who has good games and limited games. His skill level is high no debate.
My ONLY concern is that if he can't hit outside shots regularly, getting to the rim may be more difficult. And I don't really know if he can't hit outside shots but from what I can see he does get to the rim almost at will

Good find. More pictures of Marek. He clearly is not a hopeless cause for muscle and strength but he has a lot of work to do in the weight room to get where he needs to be.

Get him a tatoo or two and he'll be fine!

I'll reiterate that the kid has great potential. That said, despite his 28pts, watching the Russia game reinforced to me why I think he will take time to develop, and why I don't believe JB plays him during meaningful games down the stretch this year. In the first 20 min of that game, I watched him whiff on a number of must have rebounds, where he had position and the size advantage, a JB pet peeve (think of TR) hardly ever box out, and be out of position offensively (granted his whole team was out of position) where he should have gone down to the post or flashed. The missed rebounds and lack of power down low will kill him this year in the ACC. He could be a great 2/3 for us down the line, should he get that shot refined a bit.

He'll never be a 2 here.

Do we know if he's 100 percent coming? Because if you watch those recent vids, he looks like more than enough of a contributor.

Do we know if he's 100 percent coming? Because if you watch those recent vids, he looks like more than enough of a contributor.

Yes he had an interview with an arrival date and everything. I think it was Aug 25 or 28. He's taking some time off to be with his family after this Fiba thing and then coming over.

Yes he had an interview with an arrival date and everything. I think it was Aug 25 or 28. He's taking some time off to be with his family after this Fiba thing and then coming over.
From a Mike Waters article at Syracuse.com:
Dolezaj said he's eager to get to Syracuse, but since playing in the European Championships meant he would not be able to make it in time take any summer courses, he will arrive on Aug. 28.

"I spoke with (assistant coach Adrian Autry),'' Dolezaj said. "That's the date we agreed on.''

However, Dolezaj is going to take some personal time. Between the end of the school year and working out for the national team, he's not had any time off. His family plans to take a short vacation after the European Championships.

Some quick highlights of marek from the FIBA U20 championship

This kid is a fearless space eater! He is thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone setting them up for his moves to the basket. If that step back was real, he is gonna be hard to guard

This kid is a fearless space eater! He is thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone setting them up for his moves to the basket. If that step back was real, he is gonna be hard to guard
I really like that he seems to have the 8-10 ft range can make him very tough to guard. Even if he's not a knockdown 3 pt shooter his intermediate game still makes him tough to guard because you never know when/if he'll pull up. I think he'll fit in very nicely into the rotation. Imo with the little i have seen of many of these guys the 6 best players will end up; Battle, Thompson, Brissett, Dolezaj, Thorpe & Moyer. I would not hate a 6 starter type of scenario. Frank and another tall guy should be the next 2.

I really like that he seems to have the 8-10 ft range can make him very tough to guard. Even if he's not a knockdown 3 pt shooter his intermediate game still makes him tough to guard because you never know when/if he'll pull up. I think he'll fit in very nicely into the rotation. Imo with the little i have seen of many of these guys the 6 best players will end up; Battle, Thompson, Brissett, Dolezaj, Thorpe & Moyer. I would not hate a 6 starter type of scenario. Frank and another tall guy should be the next 2.

True I think as well. I think there will be a breath of fresh air in terms of the skill sets coming in with some of these forwards compared to in years past with how many were just too raw. I'm really worried however about the lack of strength and bulk on all of these guys. Tall is nice but as we have seen plenty in the past; smaller and stronger guys just can root them out of position and kill us on the boards. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom