Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

kcsu

Living Legend
I fully expect him to move on after this year and i believe its best for him and the program. He Hustles, has a nice handle but at the end of the day his skills are wasted in our scheme.
Marek doesn't have an Alpha mentality yet JB wants him to be the man. Thats not who he is or will ever be. Hes the guy on the floor scraper. Not the go to guy. Add in his poor shooting and hes not being used properly.
Id like to see him at the 2 or 3 which is his natural position.
In short i believe he will do better once he leaves. Playing him at Center has been the worst possible move for his future.

he would of been awesome playing point forward next to sf guerrier. Wouldnt be surprised if Some team with that system eats guerrier up. Sad the coaches worked so hard to make that happen.

Marek was very good as a freshman-
Thought by senior year the experience along with added size/strength and developing an outside shot, Marek would be a top ACC player.
Marek's game hasn't gone from good to great -being been stuck at the 5 certainly part of the reason.
Marek's career will be interesting to follow, to see if the development that didn't occur here happens.
Hope Marek has much success -he's taken a lot of punishment for SU's lack of serviceable centers.

Great glue guy as a 3rd/4th best player and a PF. Unfortunately he’s been our 2nd best player and a C for much of his last 2 years.

Similar to Buddy, who would be a terrific 6th man who got 18-20mpg. But he’s been playing 36mpg the last 2 seasons.

I know you can’t do this - but imagine if Eli stayed and Sidibe was healthy? With the improvement of Q and addition of Kadary, I think we’d be VERY good. We’d be better offensively, defensively, on the boards, and we’d have good depth

Agree. In the old Big east days we would of killed for a Senior Marek. Good enough to be our 3rd best player, but probably not 3rd leading scorer all the time, imo. His game off the bounce has vastly developed this year from last year.

A 2? Oooooookkkk.

Marek is a good player, who has been failed by the staff because we don’t have centers. I hope he stays, we need all the good players we can get. And I hope, for his sake, he gets to play all his time at the 3/4 starting the next game.

A 2? Oooooookkkk.

Marek is a good player, who has been failed by the staff because we don’t have centers. I hope he stays, we need all the good players we can get. And I hope, for his sake, he gets to play all his time at the 3/4 starting the next game.
Yeah I didn’t see that part. I have a hard time saying the guy who has made exactly 1 three the last two seasons is a 2. He’s clearly a wing player. He’s not a center and he’s absolutely not a guard. He’s a solid rotational piece. A perfect do it all (well except shoot), but not do too much kind of guy.

Similar to Buddy, who would be a terrific 6th man who got 18-20mpg. But he’s been playing 36mpg the last 2 seasons.
Really? The best play on the team should be a 6th man.

I hope he does what's best for him and his future.

I enjoy watching him very much. Not sure what the total return on investment is for his particular skill set but i personally love to watch him play basketball. Reminds me of Mike Hopkins. Guys like that are fun to have on teams. They provide energy, they are smart and they are selfless.

need more Mareks, not less

I hope he does what's best for him and his future.

I enjoy watching him very much. Not sure what the total return on investment is for his particular skill set but i personally love to watch him play basketball. Reminds me of Mike Hopkins. Guys like that are fun to have on teams. They provide energy, they are smart and they are selfless.

need more Mareks, not less
I think Marek will have a nice long career in Europe whether he leaves this year or next year. Because I'm selfish and love the way he plays I hope he stays another year. If not though, the kid came here from Slovakia speaking nary a word of English, played himself into a starting role with an uncanny ability to find the open man, leaves with a degree from a prestigious university, and an indelible mark on SU basketball. His career is the absolute epitome of "student-athlete."

I fully expect him to move on after this year and i believe its best for him and the program. He Hustles, has a nice handle but at the end of the day his skills are wasted in our scheme.
Marek doesn't have an Alpha mentality yet JB wants him to be the man. Thats not who he is or will ever be. Hes the guy on the floor scraper. Not the go to guy. Add in his poor shooting and hes not being used properly.
Id like to see him at the 2 or 3 which is his natural position.
In short i believe he will do better once he leaves. Playing him at Center has been the worst possible move for his future.
Unfortunately for Marek, that's the only option JB had - a player not suited for the position but with experience, high BB I.Q., the ability to dish to the right person at the right time who could add to the score sheet.

Maybe he’ll drop 42 on Houston
No I went over this in another thread, the only way he gets to 1,000 is if he outscores his average a little bit and we make it to the championship game.

It's the only way.

THE ONLY WAY.

No I went over this in another thread, the only way he gets to 1,000 is if he outscores his average a little bit and we make it to the championship game.

It's the only way.

THE ONLY WAY.
He’s gonna drop 42 in a losing effort to Houston. Will be like Kobe’s last game against the Jazz. Marek will shoot 17/42 from the field

He’s gonna drop 42 in a losing effort to Houston. Will be like Kobe’s last game against the Jazz. Marek will shoot 17/42 from the field
It's amazing. Do people just think I'm telling a lie or something when I say that the only way that Marek gets to 1,000 is if we get to the championship and he scores a little above his average this season?

It's legitimately the only way. There's no other way that he gets to 1,000 points. None.

If true good luck and may he finally quit smoking! Great hustle...good vision...always seemed to elevate his game some in the NCAAs. I wonder what the ripple effects from this will be? Another PF in? More ammo for Frank to stay and see minutes at the 4 perhaps? Frank has been lifting and great length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom